UPDATED: OMFG . . . Adam Rippon, Tonya Harding and Mirai Nagasu are on the DWTS' all-athlete cast

UGG

Do people here REALLY think football fans are voting for a person on the show because they play football? 😂😂😂 I can assure any vote a football player voted is either a home team woman fan in the common age pracket for viewers of the show, or a fan of the show who enjoys watching the athlete dance.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

vgerdes

Congrats to Tonya, who had the best freestyle...

BY A MILE... surprisingly.

I loathed her freestyle. Way overscored, IMO. I thought she did quite well with the waltz, however, and should have been scored better for it.

I liked Adam's freestyle better on a second watch, but still, my least favorite of his dances this season. To me, Josh had the best freestyle, although it wasn't deserving of a perfect score either.

My favorite dance of the night was Adam's jazz routine, followed by Tonya's waltz (no, I don't like her, but I'll give credit where it's due). I liked all of the first round dances better than anything in the freestyle round, which to me left a LOT to be desired.

miav9

I like the idea of posting favorites dances from this season! I would say that my favorite is Adam's contemporary, but his first dance to Sissy That Walk and Mirai's quickstep are right up there.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I wonder who Tonya will try and pin this on. It's got to be someone else's fault after all. Couldn't be that she wasn't good enough. Probably that evil USFS again, deliberately holding her back or promoting Adam or whatever.

I wasn't that impressed with Adam's freestyle or his contemporary, though I did like his quickstep. But we know getting big marks for lots of poses and armography is a specialty of his.

D

Deleted member 53443

After a hard-fought season alongside her pro partner Sasha Farber, Harding gave it her all in the finals, but came up short against the season's champs, Adam Rippon and Jenna Johnson. However, the former figure skater said that the pair were "absolutely" the right people to win.

"They brought it home every week," Harding told ET's Cameron Mathison after the show. Adam is wonderful and his partner, I mean, they deserved it."

WHAT A BIATCH!

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Kudos to Tonya for being gracious and for dancing very well throughout, she really surprised people, including me. That said, I hope her victim redemption narrative is finally over and she moves on to her next phase without the false “it was all taken away from me” storyline.

Good analysis here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/630750002

berthesghost

Tonya has never consistently been a sore loser. Many times, 91 worlds for ex, she seemed at peace with the “loss”. I don’t remember her ever saying she was out to win DWTS, it really all seemed about redemption and that of course is how she is spinning this, so this “loss” is like a big win for her I think.

What remains to be seen is what she can do with it. Times have changed, which is why Adam is almost inexplicably a big star when 24 or even 12 years ago he never would have had this opportunity (nor mirai probably).

VGThuy

It will probably be a while before another figure skater wins this competition, so I think whichever figure skater is next should think about that before entering unless they just want the publicity and don't care about winning, though I can't help but think one ends up caring even if one enters without caring about winning at first. Once you're in the middle of the competition and are doing all that prep and publicity, I can't help but imagine one's competitive instincts kick in. That said, it seems like with the exception of the likes of Kristi and Dorothy who are household names outside of the recent Olympics, most figure skaters won't be asked on this show until the next Winter Games.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

giselle23

I have to say, Tonya was pretty fantastic last night. She is 47 (and a smoker) and still doing cartwheels and flips? Amazing! I saw a bit of the same fearlessness and drive that probably led her to do the triple axel. It raises again, what might have been for her, with more maturity (and a better partner)...

cmk

I have to say, Tonya was pretty fantastic last night. She is 47 (and a smoker) and still doing cartwheels and flips? Amazing! I saw a bit of the same fearlessness and drive that probably led her to do the triple axel. It raises again, what might have been for her, with more maturity (and a better partner)...
I was starting to wonder if Tonya somehow got Surya into the practices to help with the flips and cartwheels, but its more likely Sasha called Nastia.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
I watched the freestyles today and would have have ranked Josh first (by a mile) and Tonya 3rd. I didn't particularly care for Adam's dance, but at least it was something different and innovative. Josh wowed, and I agreed with Len on Tonya; she just threw together a bunch of disco and gymmastic moves, and while it was basically clean and enthusiastic, it wasn't great. And she could have stopped the flipping after the first 2, that just made it look more amateurish.

Still, Tonya proved she was a good dancer, and she didn't need either that ridiculous and false "victim/redemption" narrative nor the judges, especially Carrie Ann, falling all over her and over-blowing how life changing and wonderful she was to push that narrative. Tonya was great on the dance floor all on her own. And I think a lot of others (not just me) would have preferred if DWTS had just let her shine on her own without the manufactured drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information