The Dance Hall 5: Ice Dance Fans 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I think it may be that you failed to take a random test at some point?
Yes, it actually would make sense but they still should release the info. Because as it is, we all know how the brain works, most will suspect foul play and those athletes will have their reputation tarnished.

RoseRed

It's honestly kind of unfortunate that Yanovskaya/Lukacs teamed up so late last season. They have progressed so much since just Nebelhorn that I think a few more months together and they would be heading to the Olympics. When I first saw Y/L I thought they might wind up decent eventually, but I'm very impressed at how fast they've progressed.

I'm happy that Hurtado/Khaliavin had such a good competition and hope they can do as well at the Olympics. Securing two spots for Spain is great, and perhaps they can have skate offs at Euros for the world spot from now on.

I thought of that too. Hopefully this will mean no more controversial decisions like the last couple of years.

So based on that tweet, we can't expect any kind of explanation. I find it crazy unless it's some unspeakable personal reason but I can't see what. And what the heck with the non doping thing, what else ? Baffling.

I think they might give any explanation when the team is made officially. They IOC isn't announcing it until the 27th or 29th right? They just informed the Russians ahead of that, which is where the info came from. So they still might have an explanation, just not for a few days.

legjumper

I'm happy that Hurtado/Khaliavin had such a good competition and hope they can do as well at the Olympics. Securing two spots for Spain is great, and perhaps they can have skate offs at Euros for the world spot from now on.

I thought of that too. Hopefully this will mean no more controversial decisions like the last couple of years.
I feel like as long as it's not clear which Spanish team is the top team, any decision will be controversial. :shuffle: I'm sure Euros results will be at least part of the selection criteria for Worlds, but it will be interesting to see if FEDH will use Euros as the sole selection factor, or if other BOW factors will also be considered.

chapis

I feel like as long as it's not clear which Spanish team is the top team, any decision will be controversial. :shuffle: I'm sure Euros results will be at least part of the selection criteria for Worlds, but it will be interesting to see if FEDH will use Euros as the sole selection factor, or if other BOW factors will also be considered.

I think they should use only Euros as criteria

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
^Euros + Nationals sounds like a good plan for me to decide the spanish team.

Looking at 4CC, do people expect at US sweep or can Soucisse/Firus or even Muramoto/Reed spoil?
I think Hawayek/Baker should win without problems but the rest is interesting.

CassAgain

I think Canada, Japan, or both will prevent a USA sweep. Or maybe China--their free dance is a total delight. I really like/sort of love so many of the 4CC dance teams; I wish they could all win.

muffinplus

^Euros + Nationals sounds like a good plan for me to decide the spanish team.

Looking at 4CC, do people expect at US sweep or can Soucisse/Firus or even Muramoto/Reed spoil?
I think Hawayek/Baker should win without problems but the rest is interesting.

Are you talking about next year? Is it for sure that Diaz/Smart are going to worlds?

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Are you talking about next year? Is it for sure that Diaz/Smart are going to worlds?

Yeah the discussion above me was on Spain getting two spots at euros and using them as skate off for Worlds in the future.
The assignment for this season are decided and I hope Smart/Diaz get to do worlds

muffinplus

Yeah the discussion above me was on Spain getting two spots at euros and using them as skate off for Worlds in the future.
The assignment for this season are decided and I hope Smart/Diaz get to do worlds

UGH, I really wanted to see Hurtado/Khaliavin's FD live in Milano.

Dobre

I'm happy to see so many of these teams at 4CCs getting the chance for experience at a major international and the chance to battle for a senior international medal.

Lorraine & Quinn are my favorite team here, and I just want them to skate well at 4CCs. What happens with the placements happens. They've learned so much this season, and they worked hard to get here. It's tough to come into a major international as the third-ranked team from your own Nationals. But they have skated a very solid season for a first senior year and have two programs I love for them very much.

I am also cheering for Muramoto & Reed. They have a shot at a medal, and I would like to see them make a little history.

Also I like Sales & Wamsteeker's Robin & Marian FD. Am glad they get to compete here.

binbinwinwin

Really happy for Muramoto/Reed today, I thought they would be dark horse for a Bronze but they're currently sitting in silver which is more than what I could ask for. They're the first Non-USA/CAN team to earn a small medal under the current SD/FD format for ice dance so they've already made a little history today.

Really sad for the Parson's twizzles, I can't believe it went wrong for the both of them but it what it is. I hope that they can pull themselves up in the FD even if I don't enjoy it very much. I think they're really talented and I just hope that they can get better programs.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Very happy with the placements in 4CC I hoped for a H/B, M/R and Wang/Liu but Soucisse/Sirus did skate well plus the Chinese team did get a SB and placed very close to McNamara/Carpenter. Hopefully, 1st and 2nd will hold after the FD. The arena was so empty though, must be hard to fire up the energy for Latin.
M/R and W/L are my two discoveries this year. They have great personalities and their Latin today was much sassier than the two young US teams.

Spiralgraph

I'm happy that H/B skated well and I hope they hold on for first in the FD. I liked M/R too. M/C don't do anything for me, I prefer the Parsons siblings, but if you completely mess up twizzles, you're doomed. Hope Kaitlin and Jean-Luc have a fantastic FD.

Anyasnake

Just pointing it out :

Belbin/Agosto were 3rd at 4CC 2002 and won Olympic Silver 4 years later.
V/M were 3rd at 4CC 2006 and won Olympics Gold 4 years later.
WeaPo won 4CC 2010 and won silver medal 4 years later (0.02 from gold).
Hubbell/Donohue won 4CC 2014 and are now US champs and in medal contention for the Games.

Just saying that a 4CC podium/win in Olympic years is... nicer that it looks. :D

chapis

M/R were great and Jean-Luc was fantastic as usual, I love him!!

Thank God this is the last time we are seeing that SD of the Parsons.

And I enjoyed to Song/Sun too, I had never seen them.

Anyasnake

So a bit of news, 4CC results :

1.Hawayek/Baker
2.Soucisse/Firus
3.Muramoto/Reed - history ! We've never seen an Asian Dance team medalling at a ISU championships ! :cheer2:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/fc2018/CAT004RS.HTM

Now on to the bad news : https://www.sports.ru/others/skiing/1059584102.html

This has not been confirmed : a source from the Russian Olympic comittee informed the newpapers that medallists from Sochi won't be able to participate in the Games, which means, no Bobrova/Soloviev (Gold medal in the Team event).
Speculation again since it's a source and not official by any means, but for this one, better be prepared ... :(

Dobre

Very happy for Muramoto & Reed. They did make a sacrifice to be at 4CCs, as they train with Marina in North America and are competing in the Olympic team event just like the North American dance teams. And with nothing guaranteed at 4CCs. But worth it, IMO, to make history and help break down a few barriers in the discipline & for other athletes in the future. Also M&R's score here moves them up into the top 24 SB list.

Anyasnake

Very happy for Muramoto & Reed. They did make a sacrifice to be at 4CCs, as they train with Marina in North America and are competing in the Olympic team event just like the North American dance teams. And with nothing guaranteed at 4CCs. But worth it, IMO, to make history and help break down a few barriers in the discipline & for other athletes in the future. Also their score here moves them up into the top 24 SB list.
I think they are staying in the region and training probably in Japan with maybe Oleg ? Since Shibs are leaving for Korea on the 5th, Marina will stay with them until then I guess. But for M/R no point in going back. They even probably a training base/rink for all Japanese athletes either in Japan or Korea for the week before the games.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Happy for Soucisse/Firus. Don't care about Hawayeek/Baker that I clearly dislike for no reason than personnal taste.
Muramoto/Reed have a FD I like, don't care about their SD but it's not as awfull as others.

chapis

It is true that results in 4cc do not count for World standing? Is it only for Olympics or Worlds too?

chapis

No. Where did you hear this?

In Goldenskate M/R fan thread, I mean, people asking about it. Apparently after Euros the standings moved but after 4cc it stay the same, but I did not watch the standings before 4cc to corroborate it.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Maybe first you do have to wait for the whole competition to END????
For xxxx's sake, people never think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information