Is there a way to ask Zagitova to pull her tights over her skating boots or pull them up?

Mad for Skating

@lala I don't know, Med might be naturally small-boned and slim but she has always looked a little malnourished to me. Oh yes, Alina is gorgeous! All the Russian ladies make me jealous lol

lala

@lala I don't know, Med might be naturally small-boned and slim but she has always looked a little malnourished to me. Oh yes, Alina is gorgeous! All the Russian ladies make me jealous lol
Med told she started the skate because the parents wanted to form her body, they wanted to make stronger. If you watch her upper body you can see it has a small deformity..

Willin

My problem with Zagitova has nothing to do with the tights or even the Tutus, but rather how inflated her PCS are. I could go on for ages about that issue.

But I would prefer that the Tutus were longer. They tend to get caught above her butt when she skates for whole sections of a program, which can be rather distracting... Not to mention they're pretty short so there's tons more flashing under the skirt anyways. Normally I wouldn't care - after all spirals and heel stretches show that stuff off - but it's an easy fix! Just change the type of skirt or the length of it!
The tiger onesie/cat program was also really creepy for someone her age. Very much a contrast to her tutus and not in a good way.

DobrinFan

But I would prefer that the Tutus were longer. They tend to get caught above her butt when she skates for whole sections of a program, which can be rather distracting... Not to mention they're pretty short so there's tons more flashing under the skirt anyways. Normally I wouldn't care - after all spirals and heel stretches show that stuff off - but it's an easy fix! Just change the type of skirt or the length of it!
The tiger onesie/cat program was also really creepy for someone her age. Very much a contrast to her tutus and not in a good way.

It is distracting and it doesn't help that she's skates like this > practically the entire time. But she apparently doesn't mind because her butt is out as well for this Vogue photo :shuffle: https://pp.userapi.com/c834300/v834300674/91814/hXea65cP9n8.jpg

quartz

scratching at the light
She’s a lovely young skater and one can’t deny her athletic and jumping abilities, but as annoying as the tights and tutu are to her packaging, I’d prefer to ask Lori Nicol to give Zagitova the “ooze like toothpaste” analogy.
I find the jerk i ness an d lac k of smoo th ness tobe far more distrac ting.

Last edited:

screech

You can't tell someone's food intake or health from appearance alone.
When I was in high school I weighed about 85-90 lbs at 17 years old. I ate a lot (and a lot of it unhealthy). I was the skater who would eat happy meals between school and practice, or sometimes get a small pizza for myself to eat during ice resurfacing. My high school guidance counsellor approached my friends to ask if I had an eating disorder, because I would eat large amounts, then go to the washroom (to wash my hands), and was incredibly thin.

I was not malnourished, I was not made to eat small amounts and overwork myself. In fact, my coach said I was one of the few students of hers who could handle gaining a few pounds. My thinness was not due to my eating habits, but due to genetics.

So IMO to say someone looks unhealthy while not knowing directly the inner workings of their life is extremely unfair. It's like looking at someone who is slightly overweight and saying they must be eating too much crap.

tdl

Oh YES, please! Do something about those tights!
I generally like Alina although I think she still needs to improve her lines and posture, but tights worn any other way than in the boot or completely over the boot drive me nuts. On anybody!

There was quite a number of offenders at the Europeans and my eyes are still sore from watching that.:yikes:;)

How can anyone step on competitive ice wearing their tights like that? Do they actually think it looks good or just don't care?

And I'm not talking just about Alina, but e.g. Giada Russo, Micol Cristini, Eliška Březinová....etc.

They would all look so much better on the ice if they only fixed this little detail.

berthesghost

Oh dear! What has this thread done to me? Just watched Zag's FS and all I could look at was her ankles! Was her performance wonderful? I don't have a clue as I didn't really see it! Sitting here with images of celebrities at red carpet events showing up in gloriously gorgeous gowns and sewage wader boots. Just where my mind went. I'm not thanking you people for this!
:D:D
:lol: it was nothing compared to how distracting those weird metal tassels hanging off Javi’s butt were. WTF

leafygreens

I don't care about her tights. At least she does not have massive boots that flop around on emaciated ankles and insecure edges.

Mad for Skating

@screech I totally do understand. I actually was super skinny from 11 to 13 (I was like 5 feet tall and 75 pounds) and people were always asking if I was ok. And I didn't eat that well or exercise much tbh, I had a serious addiction to chocolate and was majorly lazy I'm 15 now and my body is in fact filling out a little, but I totally hear ya. I'm not trying to pick on anyone! I just want to make sure the girls are healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information