Royalty Thread #7: Do They Get Frequent Flier Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Princess Charlotte started nursery school today and the Duchess of Cambridge took these pictures of her - and she is adorable and certainly knows how to pose - she is getting prettier by the day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42609394

Absolutely sweet. Charlotte seems to have a take charge personality too. I also read that she excels at tennis, even at such a young age already. Amazing.

Her red outfit is adorable. I saw the picture shared on KP Twitter:
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/950396922325622784

Vagabond

An interview with the Queen of England will be broadcast on the Smithsonian Channel on Sunday.

Lorac

An interview with the Queen of England will be broadcast on the Smithsonian Channel on Sunday.

The interview will be shown on the BBC tomorrow at 8pm and is one of the few time she has been interviewed. I am looking forwards to it.

And not to be picky but Queen Elizabeth II is actually the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland not just England.

PDilemma

I have always thought she looks like QE2.

Yes, though possibly a bit more like Margaret or Margaret's daughter.

I saw an article the other day after these pictures came out all about how she is the spitting image of Diana. No. Not at all. But I always assumed that a certain segment of people would insist that any and all daughters of William or Harry look exactly like Diana even if they look less like her than I do. So, of course that article exists. And I'm sure there are many more to come.

Lorac

She is also the Queen of Jamaica, but I thought that went without saying. :X3:

Well yes she is but if you google QEII's titles Queen of England is not one of them and has never been. That is what I was being a little pedantic about ;) The last monarch to have the designation King or Queen of England was Queen Anne back in the 1700's.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 221

@Louis, Meghan was invited on a Cardiff Hen Night. You know we do it properly here! ;)

:lol:

Cardiff is amazing. Sit outside and watch the inflatable d*cks, dolls, and everything else go by.... the "ambiwlans" swings by in regular intervals to pick up the brides to be who have collapsed on the street.

I did not know there were inflatable versions of so many different body parts, or that the leftovers from Tarasova's neon fabric factory were liquidated to Wales for hen and stag do costumes. In the short time sitting outside at a pub, Aaron, Sharon, and I saw two separate brides-to-be being taken away by ambulance.

centerstage01

Congrats to Princess Eugenie! I wonder if she'll wear her mother's wedding tiara or something from her Grandmother?

Catherine M

I watched the BBC interview with Eugenie & Jack last night and I have to say, I think they just became my favorite couple within the British royal family. And from the comments on Instagram/twitter, I'm not alone in feeling that.

Hope their love continues to grow and they have a wonderful wedding.

Parsley Sage

Congrats to Princess Eugenie! I wonder if she'll wear her mother's wedding tiara or something from her Grandmother?

What a difficult decision to have to make! Her mother's wedding tiara is beautiful and it would be nice to see it again, but what a treat for Eugenie to wear something from Granny.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
What a difficult decision to have to make! Her mother's wedding tiara is beautiful and it would be nice to see it again, but what a treat for Eugenie to wear something from Granny.
The tiara her mother wore is quite beautiful. Doesn't it kind of depend on what she is wearing?
Here is some information about the Tiara.
The York Diamond Tiara: Original reports on the wedding noted that the new Duchess had borrowed the tiara from a family friend, information which was apparently released from Buckingham Palace. Soon enough, however, the tiara was said to have been purchased from Garrard for Sarah by the Queen. (I suppose there are many advantages to having then-crown jeweler as a “family friend”.) The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh also purchased a diamond demi-parure from Garrard for their new daughter-in-law, a set that includes a necklace, earrings, and a bracelet.

smurfy

I watched the BBC interview with Eugenie & Jack last night and I have to say, I think they just became my favorite couple within the British royal family. And from the comments on Instagram/twitter, I'm not alone in feeling that.

Hope their love continues to grow and they have a wonderful wedding.

Thanks for the head up - found it on you tube. They are cute together and seem like a lovely couple.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I wonder if Beatrice is pissed off? Being the older sister and all that! Didn't she and her long term boyfriend split last year?

She will be 30 this year too. Her birthdate is easily remembered.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Pissed off or devastated, I feel for her. The rumor I heard was that Prince William wouldn't approve the marriage between Beatrice and Dave Clark, despite their 10 years or so together. Dave married the next woman he dated, I believe, after he and Beatrice broke up a year or so ago.

At the time, Eugenie and her now - fiance made a pact that they would get engaged in 2 years. Eugenie was a bit rattled to see her sister end up single after so much time with one boyfriend.

vesperholly

Pissed off or devastated, I feel for her. The rumor I heard was that Prince William wouldn't approve the marriage between Beatrice and Dave Clark, despite their 10 years or so together. Dave married the next woman he dated, I believe, after he and Beatrice broke up a year or so ago.
Beatrice was 7th in line to the throne after Charlotte was born, and only the top 6 officially need the Queen's permission. But I'm sure family pressure still plays a role.

PDilemma

At the time, Eugenie and her now - fiance made a pact that they would get engaged in 2 years. Eugenie was a bit rattled to see her sister end up single after so much time with one boyfriend.

because dave clark was jewish, and the family heads up the church of england?

William has no say in any family member's marriage. He will (if current policy remains) when he is king, but he has no say now. And there is no longer any prohibition on any faith marrying into the family. Not to mention that Beatrice, as already said, is far enough down the line of succession (and going down another place when new baby Cambridge is born) that she does not even need the Queen's permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information