Papadakis/Cizeron #5 - We're In Love With The Shape Of You

Status
Not open for further replies.

topaz

There were some V/M fans on twitter saying that the Ed Sheeran song "should be banned or disallowed" because it is NOT a true latin song. ROFL.

Like V/M's rock songs are "true" latin songs. Lordy, some of the V/M ubers say some of the most ridiculous things.

Anyasnake

There were some V/M fans on twitter saying that the Ed Sheeran song "should be banned or disallowed" because it is NOT a true latin song. ROFL.

Like V/M's rock songs are "true" latin songs. Lordy, some of the V/M ubers say some of the most ridiculous things.
Meh. Ubers. Nothing new.
None of the songs are Pure Latin. All of the songs are used in Latin Ballroom. Both SDs are great and stands out. :cheer2:

sap5

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2018/01/18/264872452

I wish them the best for tomorrow and Saturday:cheer2:

Really love their thoughtful answers! I hope that their comments about understanding the music has led them to edit the MS music cuts a bit better. That's the thing that keeps throwing me out of the program and keeping me from enjoying it fully. Looking forward to seeing the changes they've made.

maya1985

I can breathe:) (even if I was confident, the European Championships are always surprising:blah:)...
Ok for Ed Sheeran :cheer2:now it's Beethoven. Congratulations, it was not perfect but it was still very solid.:encore:

GreenGan

Little mistakes from Gabriella in the twizzles, unusual. I think the placement is right. Those PCS are high ! Good for them, let's see how they skate their free now.

Anyasnake

I caught up ! While the overall feeling might have been better at GPF, the element were so good today, except the twizzles obviously. Looking at twitter I thought they were a disaster :D (Nah, a mistake that's fineeee)
But they did get a level3 and it's almost "good" : the judges put +2 and +3s and according to Ben Agosto, the tech panel for that mistake should not take away a level, so I think that balances out. At the end there is still something like 1.60 points missing, equivalent of GOEs correctly taken away... we have to be fair, right ? ;)

I really like the No-touch, I think they look really polished and that they'll step up their game at the Games :cheer2: On to the FD tomorrow, they skate last, yes !

Isabelle.G

I'm kind of glad they weren't perfect today. As this is the first competition after the Christmas break, this result will please them but also keep them going, imo. Ideally, if they can combine their short dances from the GPF and today, they're going to be spectacular.

Btw: This season is indeed special. They're getting the recognition they deserve - even the commentators from my country are starting to know even small details about them. :D

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I'm kind of glad they weren't perfect today. As this is the first competition after the Christmas break, this result will please them but also keep them going, imo. Ideally, if they can combine their short dances from the GPF and today, they're going to be spectacular.

Btw: This season is indeed special. They're getting the recognition they deserve - even the commentators from my country are starting to know even small details about them. :D
May I ask what is your country ? And you're right they have the perfect combo between the neatness of this SD (minus the twizzles of course) and the performance aspect from GPF. I also found the Russian audience were very much behind them from the get go by clapping almost immediately as the music started which kind of took me aback a little. It was nice to see them getting this kind of appreciation in Moscow where people know their skating.

Isabelle.G

May I ask what is your country ? And you're right they have the perfect combo between the neatness of this SD (minus the twizzles of course) and the performance aspect from GPF. I also found the Russian audience were very much behind them from the get go by clapping almost immediately as the music started which kind of took me aback a little. It was nice to see them getting this kind of appreciation in Moscow where people know their skating.

Of course. :) I'm from the Czech Republic. I know, our country hosted the last Euros and the arena was (almost) full most of the time. But the arena is quite small and the tickets were incredibly cheap, so that explains a lot. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised by the general interest: I thought they wouldn't be many of us. (I gather you're from France as some other members here. You guys have no idea how hard it is to learn your language. :D)
Anyway, back to my answer. Today, the commentators talked about no one else than Gabi and Guillaume. Even before the last group took the ice. :D They kept praising their abilities, talked about their view on the sport or even things like what they do in their free time. And sentences such as "the rest battle for silver and bronze, the gold is already taken" or "Only the Canadians can threaten them" took me aback - they certainly had a different opinion about them last year. Back then, they were the team that could dominate the field after V/M retires for good. It's funny how it all changed within one year...
The reaction of the crowd today was awesome. It made me smile - it was great to see such interest, not to mention how it helped G&G probably.

I'm sorry for a long post. Promise, won't talk about minor G&G things anymore. Or no at least in such detail. :D

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Of course. :) I'm from the Czech Republic. I know, our country hosted the last Euros and the arena was (almost) full most of the time. But the arena is quite small and the tickets were incredibly cheap, so that explains a lot. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised by the general interest: I thought they wouldn't be many of us. (I gather you're from France as some other members here. You guys have no idea how hard it is to learn your language. :D)
Anyway, back to my answer. Today, the commentators talked about no one else than Gabi and Guillaume. Even before the last group took the ice. :D They kept praising their abilities, talked about their view on the sport or even things like what they do in their free time. And sentences such as "the rest battle for silver and bronze, the gold is already taken" or "Only the Canadians can threaten them" took me aback - they certainly had a different opinion about them last year. Back then, they were the team that could dominate the field after V/M retires for good. It's funny how it all changed within one year...
The reaction of the crowd today was awesome. It made me smile - it was great to see such interest, not to mention how it helped G&G probably.

I'm sorry for a long post. Promise, won't talk about minor G&G things anymore. Or no at least in such detail. :D
Oh no, please keep it coming, after all this ia what a fan fest is for. Yes I'm French and I'm sorry for my language ;) It is indeed ridiculously over complicated sometimes. Good to hear people are catching up with how incredibly special they are.

MelDee

Your post.

A fellow Czech here, ahoj :40beers:

I had a slightly different perception of the Czech commentary, since I found them rather ignorant of certain things (that applies to their commentary of all teams) and I thought they haven't done their research properly at times (not knowing the choreographers etc.). However, the male commentator was more complimentary to them this time than he'd been in the past, and the old lady just adores them and praised them for their SS and musicality. I quite enjoy her knowledge and insights as she is a former ID judge, so when she's giving her commentary on the programmes, you see what the judges are looking for. And yes, they indeed do know many things about Gaby and Gui, I thought that was endearing :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information