WHAT KIND OF ICE-DANCE PARTNERSHIPS DO WE HAVE HERE?

WHAT KIND OF ICE-DANCE PARTNERSHIP ARE YOU?

• WIFE/HUSBAND

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SISTER/BROTHER

• A RINK SKATER MATCH-UP

• YOU AND A FRIEND

• OTHER,PLEASE SPECIFY

• Total voters

FSWer

Say,for all you Ice-Dancers that have Partners here....we haven't talked about this for a while. But....what kind of Partnership are you?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@FSWer I think that most of us have said already that we don't have partners. If we need a partner, like for a dance test, most of us skate with our coaches or with another skater who partners us just for the test.

treesprite

One guy here uses a stretch exercise band as a pretend partner, so the tension helps him hold his arms in place as if a person was there.

We have a couple of male dancers who, even though way outnumbered by women, still practice mostly by themselves. Every skater has to be able to do every step alone, which is why they skate without partners even when there are several ladies practicing without any partners at the same time.

treesprite

I'm sure he is on the video footage from the rink cameras. He actually had borrowed an old band I used to have in my skates bag, but that one broke. Sometimes he uses the ribbons that are supposed to be for freestyle session skaters to wear on their waists when they do their programs. He has tried to get me to let him use the rink cones as fake partners (the orange cones to mark the center area of the ice), but I didn't want my boss to get mad at me, so I said no.

Clarice

This is fairly common. I've used old hockey sticks, dowel rods, and my scarf to do the same thing. It helps me stabilize the upper body by imitating the hold, and helps me feel the check. Actually, I should try this again as I'm practicing the European and American Waltzes - thanks for the reminder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information