Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir named Canada’s flag-bearers for Olympics in PyeongChang

Sylvia

TBD
https://www.thestar.com/sports/amat...flag-bearers-for-olympics-in-pyeongchang.html
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and members of the Canadian Olympic Committee made the announcement Tuesday in the foyer of the House of Commons.
Hockey star Hayley Wickenheiser carried the Canadian flag for the opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia and decorated speed skater Clara Hughes had the honour at the Vancouver Games in 2010.
Athletes from Canada and around the world will march into Pyeongchang Olympic Stadium on Feb. 9 for the opening ceremony.

Live announcement to be streamed here (ETA now updated with an article): http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/watch-canada-unveil-olympic-flag-bearer-for-pyeongchang-1.4489152

Last edited:

RoseRed

Going to be interesting to see if any other skaters are flag bearers. Maybe Hanyu?
Javi did it in 2014. He could maybe do it again. As far as I can tell, Malaysia, Uzbekistan and Georgia only have two athletes qualified each, so Julian Yee, Misha Ge and Moris K. might. Most of Israel's Olympic team is figure skaters, so one of them might.

screech

Javi did it in 2014. He could maybe do it again. As far as I can tell, Malaysia, Uzbekistan and Georgia only have two athletes qualified each, so Julian Yee, Misha Ge and Moris K. might. Most of Israel's Olympic team is figure skaters, so one of them might.
Well, since Ryom Tae-ok and Kim Ju-sik make up the entire North Korean team, I'm assuming one (or both) of them will carry the flag.
I don't know much about the other athletes for Belgium, but would it be completely insane for Jorik Hendrickx to carry the flag, with only 11 athletes from the country?

Based on merit, and not delegation numbers, I think Savchenko would be the perfect pick for Germany.

Going to be interesting to see if any other skaters are flag bearers. Maybe Hanyu?
Hanyu will not be Japan's flag bearer. They have already selected ski jumper Noriaki Kasai.

So far only 7 of 90 countries have announced their flag bearers. Here's the list.

S

SmallFairy

Well, since Ryom Tae-ok and Kim Ju-sik make up the entire North Korean team, I'm assuming one (or both) of them will carry the flag.
I don't know much about the other athletes for Belgium, but would it be completely insane for Jorik Hendrickx to carry the flag, with only 11 athletes from the country?

Based on merit, and not delegation numbers, I think Savchenko would be the perfect pick for Germany.

Hanyu will not be Japan's flag bearer. They have already selected ski jumper Noriaki Kasai.

So far only 7 of 90 countries have announced their flag bearers. Here's the list.

Kasai is legend, good for him! :respec:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information