US TV Coverage 2017-2018

AJ Skatefan

Yeah that sucks. I'm able to dvr skating with Centurylink. And Sochi olympics with Comcast. I couldn't save it onto DVD however. That was annoying.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Yeah that sucks. I'm able to dvr skating with Centurylink. And Sochi olympics with Comcast. I couldn't save it onto DVD however. That was annoying.
Yup, most shows can't be copied from the company provided DVR. There are ways around it, but they're mostly illegal.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I've been able to record DVDs from my Cox-issued DVR. It's how I save all the notable programs from nationals/worlds/Olympics that I want to keep. Pretty soon I'm going to run out of room in my TV cabinet, though....

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
It’s all puzzling. Cox sounds like a better option.

Last edited:

chattila

Agree with @TanithandBenFan that there's no reason you can't record UNLESS you are using your own DVR and have not registered its MAC address to your account OR you have been convicted of piracy. In 2016, I recorded almost half as the sports that I liked were on at the same time. @chattila I'd call Comcast again, ask for tier two technical support and find out what's going on.

Thank you, Aceon6. I have and am hoping for happier news.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Does anyone know anyone at ESPN? I'd love to know if they're covering Russian Nats this year. We're still too far away from having it show up in online programming guides.

Sylvia

TBD
Sunday TV/DVR reminder: NBC's Grand Prix Final recap show (singles focus, of course) is today, from 4-6 pm Eastern (check your local listings).

Sylvia

TBD
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN3

ESPN3 (formerly ESPN360 and ESPN3.com) is an online streaming service owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which operates the network, through its 80% controlling ownership interest) and the Hearst Corporation (which holds the remaining 20% interest), that provides live streams and replays of global sports events to sports fans in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Chile, the Middle East, New Zealand and Europe.
In the United States, the network is available to individuals who receive their high-speed Internet connection or cable television subscription from an affiliated service provider.

chattila

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN3

ESPN3 (formerly ESPN360 and ESPN3.com) is an online streaming service owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which operates the network, through its 80% controlling ownership interest) and the Hearst Corporation (which holds the remaining 20% interest), that provides live streams and replays of global sports events to sports fans in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Chile, the Middle East, New Zealand and Europe.
In the United States, the network is available to individuals who receive their high-speed Internet connection or cable television subscription from an affiliated service provider.

Thanks to all for answering my question. So it's only online but could be watched on a Smart-TV screen with the right set-up configuration. Now I have to do that before Russian Nationals.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Thanks to all for answering my question. So it's only online but could be watched on a Smart-TV screen with the right set-up configuration. Now I have to do that before Russian Nationals.
The others are correct. I looked through the channels I have with DirecTV, and I have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN University and ESPN News.

I use the APP, WatchESPN to watch ESPN3 and it works really well on my laptop. I watch from my desktop, and sign in using my DirecTV acct. and password. I like the way it's set up, too. You can choose what's playing live on any of the ESPN channels. The channels can also be selected by scrolling all the way over to the right. All the ESPN channels are listed in that area.

I was watching the 2017 International Table Tennis Finals live earlier on ESPN3. (y)

Now I don't have a Smart TV. I have a 47" Vizio, and what I usually do is hook up my laptop through my HDMI port to the TV. It works pretty well for me. I do that a lot. I also still have my older Dell Laptop, and stream other channels, too, especially during Worlds or something like the Olympics. I use Firefox with my older laptop and it works pretty well with it.

shuilee

I don't see Russian Nationals on the ESPN3 (aka WatchESPN) schedule this year. :( Hopefully it'll pop up on the website's schedule soon.

Sylvia

TBD
http://www.usfigureskating.org/events?id=84206 (eta: also lists broadcast times/stations for 2018 Euros/4CC/Worlds)

All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change

2018 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships – San Jose, California
Dec. 29, 2017 – Jan 7, 2018

Wed, Jan. 3
Ladies Short
11 p.m. - 1 a.m.
NBCSN (Live)

Thu, Jan. 4
Pairs Short
4 - 6:30 p.m.
NBCSN (Live)

Thu, Jan. 4
Men's Short
8:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.
NBCSN (Live)

Friday, Jan. 5
Short Dance
4 - 6:30 p.m.
NBCSN (Live)

Friday, Jan. 5
Ladies Free
8 - 11 p.m.
NBC (Live)

Saturday, Jan. 6
Pairs Free
4 - 6 p.m.
NBC (Live)

Saturday, Jan. 6
Men's Free
8 - 11 p.m.
NBC (Live)

Sunday, Jan. 7
Free Dance
3 - 6 p.m.
NBC (Live)

Saturday, Jan. 13
Smucker’s Skating Spectacular
4 - 6 p.m.
NBC

Last edited:

shuilee

Ladies SP will NOT be televised 9:30pm-11pm. Good to know Icenetwork will actually be useful. I paid $50 this year and haven't had to use Icetnetwork once this year because of Olympic Channel. :eek: I wonder if I'll get my money's worth if all the top ladies are skating early. I think Nationals is usually a random draw?

mollymgr

I really hope they don't block out any skaters. At least icenetwork covers the lower level skaters, but when they transfer over to NBC and its affiliates is when the skipping happens. NBC just starts its stale live coverage after two-three skaters who get sacrificed for a few ads, fluff and absolute nonsense chatter.

Sylvia

TBD
Another link (posted today): http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how-watch-us-figure-skating-national-championships
"NBCOlympics.com will stream all the action from the U.S. Figure Skating National Championships in San Jose, California from January 3-7. You can also watch on the NBC Sports App, and events will also either be shown on NBCSN or NBC."

Schedule (all times are Eastern):

Wednesday, Jan. 3
Ladies short program, 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
NBCOlympics.com or NBCSN

Thursday, Jan. 4
Pairs short program, 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
NBCOlympics.com or NBCSN

Men's short program, 8:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.
NBCOlympics.com or NBCSN

Friday, Jan. 5
Ice dance short dance, 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
NBCOlympics.com or NBCSN

Ladies free skate, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
NBCOlympics.com or NBC

Saturday, Jan. 6
Pairs free skate, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
NBCOlympics.com or NBC

Men's free skate, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
NBCOlympics.com or NBC

Sunday, Jan. 7
Ice dance free dance, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
NBCOlympics.com or NBC

Saturday, Jan. 13
Exhibition gala, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
NBCOlympics.com or NBC

---

I anticipate there will be an official press release published by NBC Sports and/or USFS in the next week with up-to-date TV times/channels.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Changes to USA TV scheduled “live” coverage for today (1/17):

Both Men & Pairs (Olympic Channel) have changes:

Men SPs: 7:00AM EST to 9:30AM EST (good - 30 minutes added)

Pairs SPs: now begins 11AM EST on Oly Channel...then switches to NBCSN at 12 noon, through 1:30pm (was originally to have been 12-2pm, all on NBCSN).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
2018 Europeans on Olympic Channel & NBCSN (Sunday recap on NBC):

2006 Olympic silver medalist Tanith White calls the action alongside analyst Ryan Bradley. Ben Agosto will call the ice dance competition alongside White.

Date Time (ET) Coverage Network
Weds., Jan. 17
7 a.m. Men’s Short Program Olympic Channel
11 a.m. Pairs’ Short Program Olympic Channel
12 p.m. Pairs’ Short Program* NBCSN
1:30 p.m. Men’s Short Program* NBCSN

Thurs., Jan. 18
8:30 a.m. Ladies’ Short Program Olympic Channel
12 p.m. Pairs’ Free Skate* NBCSN
2 p.m. Ladies’ Short* NBCSN

Fri., Jan. 19
7 a.m. Short Dance Olympic Channel
12 p.m. Men’s Free Skate* NBCSN
2 p.m. Ice Dance Short* NBCSN

Sat., Jan. 20
7 a.m. Free Dance Olympic Channel
12:30 p.m. Ladies’ Free Skate Olympic Channel
7 p.m. Ice Dance Free* NBCSN
9 p.m. Ladies’ Free Skate* NBCSN

Sun., Jan. 21 3 p.m. Recap NBC

*Same-day delay

Sylvia

TBD
Sat., Jan. 20
7 a.m. Free Dance Olympic Channel
12:30 p.m. Ladies’ Free Skate Olympic Channel
7 p.m. Ice Dance Free* NBCSN (*Same-day delay)
9 p.m. Ladies’ Free Skate* NBCSN (*Same-day delay)

Sun., Jan. 21 3 p.m. Recap NBC
Bumping up for this weekend's coverage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information