German Skating News 2017/2018

text_skate

Handelsblatt published a dpa (news agency) article: https://www.handelsblatt.com/eiskun...elt-deutschen-pass-fuer-olympia/20623572.html

It states that he needed several attempts for the mandatory language test. So I guess this means, that he passed. He will get passport in Sonthofen (the small town where the athletes stayed during Nebelhorn Trophy)

Not so good news (or was it mentionned here before): Bruno has back problems since end of Oktober.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
It's not mentioned, that he past the test :EVILLE:
Just mentioned, he is granted citizenship; so maybe some other powers made it happen :p
As Bud Cort's character once screamed to the skies of Saskatchewan in "Don't Shoot the Teacher" after a superior threatened to go back to the big city and get him fired,

"I. DON'T. CARE." (Why)

:cheer2: and :40beers:

J

Jeschke

More Tallinn #olympicrace updates:

Schott sits in 5th with 57,68pts. 3t2t (scratchy landing of the first jump); the rest was clean; she looked a bit tired and slow though.

Weinzierl (8th) with 53,95pts. Messed up the 3lo<<. For someone who has to make up ground this was a conservative skate. She does not look like she believes anymore that she can get that spot.

Dastich (50,65pts), 13th: She went all in: 3f3t, 3lz, 2a; tes score was pretty low, so i expect there were the usual edge calls. unfortunately her overall skating still looks the same and she grwos and grows. Kudos for going all-in though, that'S the spirit :respec:

---

Meanwhile Marold put pressure on Bock in the #juniorsrace at the Cup of Tyrol: 53,54pts.

Jonathan Hess won the junior men (183,27pts) and seems a lock for junior worlds.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Lynn Rutherford recently tweeted:

Mixed zone notes; Bruno Massot was so happy he passed his citizenship language test, he could not stop laughing. "I can really enjoy what I do now. This weight is out of my body, I feel really light. Everything is easier because I don’t have something else to fear now." 2/2​

J

Jeschke

CS Tallinn updates:

Lorenz/Polizoakis ended up 5th with their lowest score this season 145,20pts.
Somehow I cannot see that FD working for them, it's missing any highlights. Tense knc, they know, the race is not won yet.

Urban/Steffan finally met the criteria (139,44pts) in 6th place and gained world ranking points :respec:
I like the FD for them, they are really into it.

We have 4 teams on a decent level, whoever gets to euros, get that 2nd spot :drama:

J

Jeschke

Peter was lucky in his last chance: 210,28pts, 4th, in Tallinn.
He met the criteria now; lots of tension and big relief in the knc as scores came up.

He leads the #olympicrace now, update follows after the weekend.

I am happy for Peter, but #teamfentz :p

Hindernisse

What happened to Liebers after Sochi? I remember he was in the final warm-up there and was pretty good the whole season. Injury?

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
So Weinzierl withdraws from Tallinn LP program due to “medical.”

Anyone know what’s he story here? Lots of WDs this season for her.

I don’t think I remember an injury being disclosed?

I hope she’s not injured, I just wish she could have challenged Schott more this season. I hate to even say this and I know I'm probably wrong, but it creates the perception like she kind of gave up. :(

Last edited:

sus2850

She had a foot injury, maybe it was not fully healed. I‘ll try to find out.
I think this is very sad, I really enjoyed her long program at Nebelhorn, it is very intricate choreography.

J

Jeschke

Weinzierl's WD is really kinda :huh:
She is now not even only out of the #olympicrace, but out of #eurosrace too if Dastich appears either at golden spin or nationals :violin:I think she can't hope for an exception by fed with all these withdrawals this (and last season).

But now to the happy news:
Nicole Schott won her second challenger medal here with bronze. With her lately busy schedule, I wondered how it will work out for her. 171,53pts great score, and pretty clean (2 3-turns); I guess she's a good example how important the right mindset is. She is on a flow right now and you see it. #olympicrace is done.
Congrats Nici :respec:

Dastich came in 6th with 155,30pts. She was generously overscored in pcs, but we know the game, when you land shit. I am happy for her as she has had tough seasons and grew so much. Well done girl :respec:

text_skate

I'm kinda sad, that Weinzierl withdrew, again. She looked fine at SP. I hope, she hasn't lost her spirits. I'd like to see her FS without falls. It's a good program. She looked more confident in her jumps yesterday than at Nebelhorn.

It's nice to see Schott and Dastich with good scores and no falls. :)

IMO for this particular skate Peter's pcs were very generous. I get a feeling, which I don't like, because I'm #teamfentz, too. On the other hand, Fentz wasn't brilliant either in his last appearances. So our Olympic race for men is still open. I just wish, that our men will improve and show good skates. Their last outings in were :yikes:

Quadjump

oh no Bruno. Not again.:wuzrobbed

They changed some transitions to have a good layout for the 3FTh. At least it was on one foot.

The technical scores were really low today. Noone got level 4 for all elements... I do not want to comment that

J

Jeschke

#olympicrace update:

MEN
614,76 Peter Liebers (CS EST 210,28; CS CAN 207,89; CS BLR 196,59)
594,60 Paul Fentz (CS FIN 212,16; GP CAN 201,60; CS POL 180,84)

LADIES
512,64 Nicole Schott (GP FRA 172,39; CS EST 171,53; GP RUS 168,72)
305,98 Lea Johanna Dastich (CS EST 155,60; CS ITA 150,38)
155,85 Nathalie Weinzierl (CS GER 155,85)
135,88 Lutricia Bock (CS BLR 135,88)*

PAIRS
2nd place GP CAN Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot
514,96 Annika Hocke / Ruben Blommaert (CS GER 180,37; CS BLR 172,64; CS POL 161,95)
456,26 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (CS POL 167,72; CS BLR 153,16; CS FIN 135,38)

ICE DANCE
443,78 Kavita Lorenz / Joti Polizoakis (CS GER 152,50; GP CAN 146,08; CS EST 145,20)
396,46 Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan (CS EST 139,44; CS FIN 128,59; CS BLR 128,43)
289,10 Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck (CS POL 150,14; CS BLR 138,96)
272,50 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (CS SVK 136,98; CS BLR 135,52)*

---

Bold - qualified
* - still in need of DOSB criteria

J

Jeschke

I fear for Koch/Nüchtern; they just got 138,50pts at the overscored Open d'Andorra event.
How will they manage to get 137pts in Zagreb? :shuffle:

Good news: with the 4th SD, and the 5th FD , they went home with the bronze medal after all :rofl:

text_skate

Article about Hocke/Blommaert and Liebers + Fentz in Berlin based daily newspaper taz: https://www.taz.de/Eiskunstlaufpaar-trainiert-fuer-Olympia/!5463271/

Google translate is OK.

About H/B:
They almost have their Oly ticket. Nationals will decide for sure.

Blommaert saw her at German Championships. In his opinion she had everything that makes a good pair skater. He called her after break-up with Mari. Hocke says, she hadn't think too long. She really wanted to go to OG. SHe calculated: chances are better as a pair skater with Ruben than as a single skater.

Ruben hasn't regretted partnership with Hocke. He enjoys trainig with her and sees a lot of potential. In September they garnered 180 pts, more than he ever had with Mari (albeit training for 3 yrs)

Coach Knut Schubert is very satisfied with his pair: "Annika and Ruben have learned in a year what others won't learn in three or four years". After a month of training she could do her first 3Th, after two months 2 3Th. Both are really motivated, sometimes he has to slow them down. Make them take some free time, time to regenerate.

About Fentz and Liebers:
They are very similar: Both are good jumpers, both show nerves in competition and artisitc side doesen't come to them naturally. The have do work hard for it.

They have a healthy competition. Coach Oesterreich says: "Fortunately, they get along very well and use the competition to push each other in training."

Liebers wants to end career after Olys.

Ticket to Olys will be decided at Nationals.

J

Jeschke

#juniorrace update

Men:
183,27 Jonathan Hess (Cup of Tyrol)
166,63 Dennis Gurdzhi (Ice Star Minsk)
161,54 Isaak Droysen (Cup of Tyrol)
153,41 Kai Jagoda (Tallinn Trophy)
146,12 Louis Weissert (Cup of Tyrol)

Ladies:
146,55 Lea Johanna Dastich (JGP CRO)
143,01 Ann-Christin Marold (Cup of Tyrol)
121,35 Tiffany Klaunig (Cup of Tyrol)
120,88 Lutricia Bock (Cup of Nice)
118,42 Nicole Calderari (Cup of Tyrol)
116,67 Linn Jörgensen (Cup of Tyrol)
116,55 Franziska Kettl (Cup of Tyrol
115.67 Carolin Hess (Cup of Tyrol)
110,60 Catharina Hausladen (Cup of Tyrol)
103,66 Laura Morath (Cup of Tyrol)
101,03 Sabrina Weis (Skate Celje)
88,24 Kristina Isaev (JGP LAT)
87,97 Lea Schwamberger (Cup of Tyrol)
83,10 Maelle Oberländer (Cup of Tyrol)

Pairs:
138,64 Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel (JGP POL)

Ice Dance
126,98 Ria Schwendinger / Valentin Wunderlich (Open d'Andorra)
110,60 Sabrina Bittner / Andrej Lebed (International Halloween Cup)
102,88 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (Ice Star Minsk)*
102,28 Charise Matthaei / Maximilian Pfisterer (JGP LAT)*
86,11 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Liebers (Open d'Andorra)*

---

Bock in 4th :drama:

sus2850

According to the wording in the news section of DEU it was an additional competition for Nicole, so not one of the qualifiers each athlete had to sign up for in August.
Anyhow, she now has the ticket quite secure, I do not see Dastich beating her at nationals with a huge margin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information