Savchenko/Massot Fan Thread

Anyasnake

Hello, passing through. Lighthouse was for me an awesome LP. I'm in love with Patrick Watson's music, and I've heard it the movie "What If" (that I like very much), so it was a no brainer for me.
But boy. This year's LP is INCREDIBLE. It's a million dollar. Congratulations to Christopher Dean and John Kerr for coming up with such amazing choreography. This is absolutely pushing the boundaries between Pairs and Ice Dance. I hope we get to see it clean. This is beauty at its finest.

angi

I could tell Bruno was crazy nervous just by looking at his face during the warm up but even though he messed up the jumps the rest was pretty good (other than the spin where they dropped 2 levels). I hope for a better outing at Skate America where they go again against D/R. That FS is marvelous and when they nail it I think it will make a real impact.
Also Aljona hugging him at the end was the sweetest.

Xela M

Hello, passing through. Lighthouse was for me an awesome LP. I'm in love with Patrick Watson's music, and I've heard it the movie "What If" (that I like very much), so it was a no brainer for me.
But boy. This year's LP is INCREDIBLE. It's a million dollar. Congratulations to Christopher Dean and John Kerr for coming up with such amazing choreography. This is absolutely pushing the boundaries between Pairs and Ice Dance. I hope we get to see it clean. This is beauty at its finest.

I was just coming on here to post this. The beauty of this LP can (almost) rival the most beautiful pairs program of all time - M&D's Liebestraum. It's absolutely spectacular.

If only Bruno can pass his exam - this is an OGM winning program!

text_skate

Last edited:

whiteskates

Bruno MUST pass the language test soon or if he doesn't, they should make an exception for him and grant him citizenship anyway. I'll cry my eyes out if they are kept out of the Olympics with such great and exquisite programmes that are worthy of Olympic gold.

annie_mg

Any news about Bruno's citizenship test? Wasn't he supposed to sit it for the third time last week? No news is good news?

Quadjump

Aljona and Bruno ditched the 3ATh for now. They will go for the 3FTh in the SP and LP. Good news! Hope they can be clean and score high tomorrow! Please. Add the 4Tw!

They have changed their SBS jumps in the LP too. The 3S+2T+2T will substitute the 3T+3T+SEQ. Well, it is a pity because the Sequence is such a brilliant element. The big combination usually slows down all pairs. But Bruno did not seem comfortable with the Sequence.

Xela M

Have their ever explained why they are not trying a quad twist? Have they ever trained it?

Given that they have the best triple twist in the history of pairs skating, it just seems like such a waste

Spun Silver

Given that they have the best triple twist in the history of pairs skating, it just seems like such a waste
The two parts of that sentence don’t go together. It is a thrill to see that every time. Who knows if their 4tw would be as good, and it might take energy away from the throw triples. Not that I quite understand their strategy. But I would rather see them do the best 3tw than the second best 4tw.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I guess she figures she can deal with the hip issues for the ThFlip for the rest of the season. Their coach has been wanting them to drop the 3A for a while. I think they finally put pencil to paper and calculated the points. Their other elements are so good, if they're clean, they can win. And it's all about winning.

I will be a very happy fan if they and Stol/Klim skate clean at the Olympics. Then let the placements fall where they may. Stol/Klim have improved as the season progresses, but there's no way they're going to have a high scoring twist with Fedor's shoulder injury, so I'll settle for everything else being clean.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Good for Bruno! Now he won't have to fear the Wrath of Aliona. (I can relate to the pain of word order in German. It is wacky sometimes, compared to English.)

Debrah

Doesn't Bruno have back issues, not to mention how much time he had to put in studying German? Maybe they are down scaling to save their bodies for Euro's and will just attempt to skate clean lower base value program at SA simply to podium - not sure they really need or desire to be flying round the world just to be in GPF if not at full fighting and trained form, as it will be far more necessary to be a healthy Euro pair #1, going into OLY Games as true gold contender's by Feb, cuz from what I have seen so far, both world champion pairs this quad -- Sui/Han and D/R, or top Russian's who reached podium this quad, none of these teams are just going to bow down quietly for Aliona and Bruno, despite their crowd pleasing high flying elements, they must be squeaky clean due to now much lower base valued jumps and throws and fewer transitions, to hold off China, Canada and Russia. Yes Aliona is fierce, but have you met Sui and Duhamel, they are just as fierce and maybe more determined battle scarred warrior gal's than even Aliona right about now, and let's not forget about that other scary wonder woman Stolbova either...Yeah it might be pairs but the women may actually be far tougher and more driven than the men, LOL!

Xela M

Doesn't Bruno have back issues, not to mention how much time he had to put in studying German? Maybe they are down scaling to save their bodies for Euro's and will just attempt to skate clean lower base value program at SA simply to podium - not sure they really need or desire to be flying round the world just to be in GPF if not at full fighting and trained form, as it will be far more necessary to be a healthy Euro pair #1, going into OLY Games as true gold contender's by Feb, cuz from what I have seen so far, both world champion pairs this quad -- Sui/Han and D/R, or top Russian's who reached podium this quad, none of these teams are just going to bow down quietly for Aliona and Bruno, despite their crowd pleasing high flying elements, they must be squeaky clean due to now much lower base valued jumps and throws and fewer transitions, to hold off China, Canada and Russia. Yes Aliona is fierce, but have you met Sui and Duhamel, they are just as fierce and maybe more determined battle scarred warrior gal's than even Aliona right about now, and let's not forget about that other scary wonder woman Stolbova either...Yeah it might be pairs but the women may actually be far tougher and more driven than the men, LOL!

Realistically if S&H go clean, they are pretty much unbeatable and the only possible contenders to challenge them would be S&M, but only if absolutely cleaner than clean. The only tiny advantage S&M have over S&H is their masterpiece of a long program that could really create an Olympic moment.

S&K are not good enough, T&M have the panty-drop program and D&R are fading.

whiteskates

What a relief to hear about Bruno getting his passport. Now we can only hope that they stay healthy. I don't think they will win the Olympics though even if I want them to. I just feel that Aljona deserves it after winning so many world championships but never the Olympics.

Jamalele

They got at Last Worlds SP with a full rotation in the Twists entry a Level 4.So why not repeat this??And in combination with the tano they could even get Level 5?Or leaving it because of slowing down?
The Same with the long...there is a twist entry rotation -but only a half one...why not "learn" from the 2016 Short?Or am I wrong?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information