DWTS Season 25

jkl

:D Drew Scott just said on GMA that he lost 34 pounds while doing the show. Where do I sign up?

skatesindreams

I'm glad that Alfonso and the "Last Chance" vote didn't keep Jordan and Lindsay from winning, as they deserved,
Many congratulations to them!

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
What Alfonso said didn't affect me but I was really torn at the end. My head said Jordan earned it but my heart wanted Frankie to win. So I didn't vote last night. BTW, shame on Carrie Ann for the 9 she gave Frankie. His dance deserved 10s just as much as Lindsey's did. I saw at least 2 mis-steps from her in her fusion dance.

screech

Apparently they're doing a (celebrity) kids version next year as well, so that might be why there's such a shortened athletes season.

In any case, the right person won. And it's great to hear that both Jordan and Frankie will be on the tour.

BaileyCatts

So we'll get a "season" of all athletes and its all of 4 weeks? What's the point?! It takes that long for people to develop and see who is actually going to turn out to be a good dancer, and see whose personality shines through and makes you like them even if they aren't the greatest dancer! They are throwing away an excellent idea of all athletes (so people who are focused, trained, fit, able to take direction from coaches, and not bytch and moan about how hard it is and throw diva fits :p), and all we get is 4 weeks? :mad:

:rolleyes: at the thought of another "kids version" of a competition show, fine ... do THAT one for 4 weeks as a Summer filler show and the athletes for a full 10 week season!

Oh, and what is it that Alfonso did that everyone is so upset about? I had to tape Monday's show and just fast-forwarded thru to see the dances before the Finale started Tuesday night. I heard on the radio he posted an apology on twitter or something? :confused:

The Top 4 finished in the right order based on dance ability. That usually doesn't happen. As usually happens, the season starts and I go "who are these people!" and it ends with "wow, what a great season!" :lol:

Debbie S

The article says the kids version is a spin-off, so not sure if that means it will run concurrently with regular DWTS. I really don't think this is a good idea - hope I'm wrong.

I'm looking forward to seeing the athletes version. I wonder how many/what format the show will use to determine a winner after 4 weeks.

Barbara Manatee

True, but it's better than nothing. They'd already decided not to do a full season again until fall, and that would leave out current skaters entirely.

screech

Oh, and what is it that Alfonso did that everyone is so upset about? I had to tape Monday's show and just fast-forwarded thru to see the dances before the Finale started Tuesday night. I heard on the radio he posted an apology on twitter or something? :confused:

Alfonso said that Jordan is the best dancer, but he needs to 'eat some humble pie'.

Alfonso later said his words were taken out of context, but never then explained in what context he said Jordan needs to eat humble pie.

So people were upset about his comments, and his lazy apology, and laughing that it was Alfonso, who wasn't the world's most humble person, saying that.

In any case, though he doesn't have the overall highest average ever (that belongs to Meryl), Jordan has received more perfect scores (9) than any star (the previous highest was Bindi and Laurie Hernandez who each had 8). He's also the youngest male winner.

There's a bit of griping online about Jordan winning because he has dance training, even though his dance training is NOT ballroom dancing. That's like saying Lindsey had an advantage because she understands music, so has an innate musicality that someone like Frankie doesn't. In any case, a great finale with the right 3 as the final 3, and (IMO) the right person (and best dancer) winning.

skatesindreams

I believe that Alfonso knows that he hasn't quite "maximized" his talent/opportunities in the way that Jordan has; and it bothers him, especially as he has gotten older.

Jordan has done nothing but express his gratitude to his adoptive family, and acknowledge the many opportunities he has already had, professional and otherwise.
He also pushed himself and worked as hard as any contestant I have seen on DWTS.

I'm sure that he will receive many offers.
I look forward to seeing what he will choose to do next.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
athletes (so people who are focused, trained, fit, able to take direction from coaches, and not bytch and moan about how hard it is and throw diva fits :p)
I think you are underestimating the diva-ness of some athletes. :lol:

So how many athletes could be in a 4 week show?
Depends on the format, I guess. I think enough people wait until the field is culled before watching or at least investing in the show and also it's often pretty clear who the 4-5 best dancers are so they could start with a regular-szied field and then eliminate a bunch right off the bat.

What I wonder is if they will have them rehearse the normal amount of weeks and not show the first couple so they can really learn to dance.

Debbie S

I saw an article somewhere online (I think it was originally on Just Jared) that said there would be 10 athletes. Maybe they will eliminate 2 at a time the first 3 weeks? I wonder if they will also have a results show on Tuesday.

BaileyCatts

I saw an article somewhere online (I think it was originally on Just Jared) that said there would be 10 athletes. Maybe they will eliminate 2 at a time the first 3 weeks? I wonder if they will also have a results show on Tuesday.

Geez. If that ends up being the format, what a terrible waste of talent and time, especially since there will likely be some Olympic stars coming out of 2018 who won't get the full opportunity of showcasing themselves that a 10 week season provides. Stupid stupid idea to only do 4 weeks.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
They probably have a stockpile of people who can't do 10 weeks due to scheduling. Football, hockey and basketball players have about a month off before they start summer training. Add in a few O stars, and it might be interesting.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
They probably have a stockpile of people who can't do 10 weeks due to scheduling. Football, hockey and basketball players have about a month off before they start summer training. Add in a few O stars, and it might be interesting.

I think you're right about the kind of athletes who will be on the 4 wk season. A really high profile Oly star probably won't be on until the fall. Someone like Javier or Ashley would be wasted on the shortened season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information