Survivor Season 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers starts 9/27/17

Erin

Banned Member
Maybe enough people without saying it out loud wanted Joe to stick around as a shield? Desi seemed quite well liked, and with her challenge prowess might have slid through to the end. Joe is less likely to win challenges so they can get rid of him any time (barring Idols of course) and if he makes it to the end, some might think so be it.

That's the conclusion I (eventually) came to. I was initially confused at first but then I figured that Desi was a bigger target because she is well-liked and could actually win. Whereas no one would vote for Joe to win. Once he didn't have an idol it was safe to vote Desi out.

BaileyCatts

Once again a confusing Advantage that I was not paying attention too so didn't fully understand how it worked. :confused: So what this means is ..... she has TWO votes at the next Tribal, correct?

And yea, you could definitely see Joe counting in his head and the confusion on his face about the count. I'm actually really surprised he didn't speak up and say something about it only being 10 votes, or that no else did either. It would have been my natural instinct to say out-loud "that ain't right Jeff, that's only 10 votes". Another reason why I would suck at this game. :rofl:

And the previews for next week ... Ryan you idiot!!! :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I have been having a hard time getting into this season. And then started liking Desi, so of course she's gone! I do like that there are some hard-playing folks from all walks of life, and I would love to think that Lauren is going to be going far and be a factor in the end. As much as Cole annoys me, I was kind of rooting for him to win immunity just to see the scramble at tribal council. But he and Joe both can go at any time and I won't be crying over the loss.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Desi Hates Chrissy

"Chrissy does not like women, and that's very clear, at least women who she feels threatened by."

I thought that was interesting because Renata and Roark said the same thing--Chrissy wants nothing to do with other women. It makes me hope Lauren takes her out, because I'll bet Chrissy doesn't see Lauren as a threat.

"I definitely had a plan on who I wanted to sit next to. J.P. is one of them because he was confused always. I went back and forth between Cole and Devon. Cole made fatal flaws over and over and over again. For Devon, when the final three talks at that final Tribal Council, he wasn't going to form a sentence that made it convincing to vote for him."

:lol:

smurfy

Thanks for article Prancer. Makes me like Desiree even more, seems like a really cool person.
L

Jayar

I really can't stand most of this cast. All of the best cast members have already been voted out.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I'm actually starting to like Joe. :slinkaway He knows his team (of 2 now) is in trouble, and he's trying everything he can to make things interesting rather than waiting around for other people to realize that a group of 7 isn't going to work. He plays way over the top at points, but at least he's playing. And we see in the previews that he held on long enough that others potentially want to shift to his side.

Chrissy is always in her head thinking about every move and watching everybody else which is great as a Survivor fanatic but when she talks, she still comes across as too smug to be really likable.

Ryan continues to say too much and it surely is going to catch up to him in the next few weeks, but I'd be willing to bet we see him again sometime soon. Devon, on the other hand, is flying under the radar, is well-liked and now has several options (although I'm not sure I'd want to hear him try to articulate justify anything in a final tribal). Lauren comes across as extremely intuitive and intelligent, as well.

I also noticed the 'CoaL' from Ben :lol:

Liking this season more than I thought I would from the first few weeks.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
What exactly was the point of Dr. Mike's move? Saving Joe? They still voted out a Healer, so he's still down to two at the bottom of the heap and now he has no idol for protection. I guess he wanted to shake things up? And maybe he succeeded? Probably not--strategies shown in previews are (nearly) always failures.

Devon may not be articulate, but I have to say that he did a good job of faking surprise when Ben told him about Ryan's idol and in not running right to Ryan to screech at him for telling Ben, as many past Survivors have done.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I was puzzled why Ben was so adamant about splitting the vote with Mike, not Joe - especially when several of his alliance were so firm on Joe. But now I'm also trying to remember who Mike told about the Idol - I recall he told one person in an effort to connect with that person last week - who was it? And if it wasn't Ben, maybe Ben found out since people seem to be telling him stuff?

I'm liking Ryan less and less, and while Devin seems a bit dumb, there was a real lightbulb moment there when he realized that his day 1 secret alliance was also sharing secrets with other people. Agree @Prancer that he handled it well. I thought awhile back they were setting Ryan up for a big fall, and the narrative certainly points in that direction. Or it points to a "true survivor" being on the edge the whole time but hustling his way to the end. Can't imagine he'd get a lot of votes though.

I thought Mike, Joe and Cole might have been able to split the 7 somehow, at least I was hoping they would because it's always a bit boring when a large group is picking off a small one, one by one. But I guess only Joe saw that as a possibility, because Mike was pretty quick to turn on the other two. Which is sorta funny given the little integrity speech he made at TC. Loved the way Lauren shot him down on that.

Anyway, I am sad that I don't get to see Cole do challenges any more, so now I'm rooting for Lauren. Mind you, Desi won first immunity then got voted out the next week; Cole won second immunity then got voted out the next week; and Lauren just won immunity.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I think the narrative is pointing to a fall for Ben, too, as the dreaded word "dictator" came up and not just from the people at the bottom. Then again, it could be a "controlled the game from the beginning" story.

I like Lauren best of everyone left, which means she will probably go next.

tony

I'm pretty sure Mike wanted all of them to get so annoyed with him that they all threw their votes his way, he would use his idol, and then one of the seven would be taken out. But the vote was weird anyways and it wouldn't have worked out.

I'm liking Ryan less and less, and while Devin seems a bit dumb, there was a real lightbulb moment there when he realized that his day 1 secret alliance was also sharing secrets with other people.

Devon was so close to blowing his cover as well, but he did save it. He said something like 'I thought........ I thought I trusted Ryan' and then a second later 'He had me feeling like...........'. I'm pretty sure both times he almost was about to say something like 'I was the only person that knew about his idol'. That would've made for good TV :lol:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I'm pretty sure Mike wanted all of them to get so annoyed with him that they all threw votes his way, he would use his idol, and then one of the seven would be taken out. But the vote was weird anyways and it wouldn't have worked out.

Not only would it not have worked out, but HE voted for Cole. That's why the only thing I can see that he did there was save Joe.....for one more vote.

Jenny

From the Bloc
You're probably right about Mike. I also wonder what Desi thought of his integrity speech - recalling her post interviews about how she knew if she voted Joe she would have stayed, but couldn't do it. Perhaps he was clumsily trying to get her vote with that?

Also, I thought Lauren had to use her double vote at this TC, but she didn't - is it valid longer?

tony

Also, I thought Lauren had to use her double vote at this TC, but she didn't - is it valid longer?

I thought she did too. And I thought it was weird when they didn't show her at the podium writing down her vote(s) so I figured she must have written two and they wanted to keep the suspense. But then in the closing, it only showed her holding one so I guess it does last longer.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I thought she could use it up to the final four, maybe?

ETA: Google says that it just said "at a future tribal council," so I don't think it was specified that she had to use it at any specific time.

tony

If next week it is Lauren, Ashley, and possibly Devon (who really seems to be all over the place after this episode and re-watching the preview) who are in on the switch to work with Mike and Joe, then they would already have the numbers to get rid of the other 4 without her extra vote. So she wouldn't have to worry just yet.

Jenny

From the Bloc
But I thought Lauren and Ben were pretty tight? If Lauren goes against him, maybe she'll double agent it somehow, because he knows about her advantage as well - I think he's the only one she told.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
Awwww. Cole’s Ponderosa made me really like him.

He said that the seven did notice the missing vote, but that they didn’t believe him when he said one of the votes for Desi was from him. They thought that his vote was hidden and Lauren’s was shown.

Desi seemed happy to see Cole join her (as in they are friends, not happy to see he was voted out).

Jayar

There has to be a double elimination soon-- there aren't enough weeks before Christmas for the show to resolve itself. It would be glorious for me if it were next week and on was Chrissy and the other was Ryan or Ben. :D

tony

There has to be a double elimination soon-- there aren't enough weeks before Christmas for the show to resolve itself. It would be glorious for me if it were next week and on was Chrissy and the other was Ryan or Ben. :D

Generally at least 30 days go by before they start doing an elimination a day (two in one episode). I think we will see one or two more go before they really cram everything together.

29th - 3rd jury member
6th - 4th jury member
13th - 5th and 6th jury members?
20th (finale?) - (6th?), 7th and 8th jury members. IIRC sometimes there are even 6 left at the beginning of the final episode so we could see three eliminated that night.

Last edited:

BaileyCatts

My Online Guide for 11/29 says Survivor is on for two hours. So maybe two separate episodes/vote outs? But I didn't hear anything in previews about a 2 hour episode, unless I just didn't hear it. So anyway, check your DVR's. :p

Jayar

Are we allowed to talk about what Jeff says in advance of the game without using spoiler tags?

tony

My Online Guide for 11/29 says Survivor is on for two hours. So maybe two separate episodes/vote outs? But I didn't hear anything in previews about a 2 hour episode, unless I just didn't hear it. So anyway, check your DVR's. :p

Just checked also, and it's two hours with a description of 'Two more castaways are voted out of the game.' (3rd and 4th)

So December 6th, an hour long, would be the 5th member of the jury.

December 13th is the 6th member of the jury, and the 20th means the 7th and 8th will be voted out on finale night.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I finally decided that I'm not going to watch this season ever, so I might as well follow along with y'all :p I'm confused as hell, but what the heck.

Desi Hates Chrissy

"Chrissy does not like women, and that's very clear, at least women who she feels threatened by."
It's interesting that Desi also says Chrissy is playing the best game.

There was a link to another player pointing out Chrissy's many lies - both the other player and Desi seem most annoyed about Chrissy lying about family - swearing on her kids (Desi), or talking about how much the other player will enjoy seeing her sister during the loved ones visit. It's Survivor. I don't get how lies about family are worse than lying about your job or your alliance. In fact, after Adam's win 2 seasons back, I fully expect someone to eventually come up with a dying twin or something, because even though Adam was probably going to win anyway, revealing his mother's illness during the final moments of the FTC made it impossible for anyone to vote for anyone else.

BaileyCatts

From the article:
Did it look convincing? It was just as convincing as some of the other idols I've seen played in Survivor history. He collected all of the tassels and beads off of the tribe camps he had been to, and combined them all together. He wrapped it in the parchment with the write-up for his idol, in order to make it look more convincing.

You know what would be brilliant? If someone made a very good Fake Idol, wrap it in the Parchment and cloth, hide it exactly where they found it so someone else would find it, so that the person would actually think they had a real Idol, and show up to Tribal and play it. They have the Parchment so think its really a true Idol. Is that against the rules? Or has someone done that already? I know there have been Fake Idols, but did anyone make a Fake, hide it, and let someone else find it? Not including the "stick", which so obviously was NOT an Idol. :lol:

alexikeguchi

I was waiting for someone in the new alliance to slip up at tribal and raise suspicion, but they all played their parts perfectly! Lauren's pitch to her subgroup of four was very smooth, Joe and Mike kept up the antics to divert attention, and I was impressed that mellow surfer dude Devon came up with the plan to have Ben act as a double agent. That was really entertaining! As was Chrissy's level 4 bitchface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information