ISU Grand Prix Assignments 2017/18 Olympic season

alj5

Well just to play devil's advocate - if they just found out that it was 100% a no to citizenship in the past few days, I can see where they'd be pretty devastated and just be questioning their whole partnership/career. I still hope to see them at Euros and Worlds.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Sorry to hear about T/T. I never thought too much about Tobias, until I saw her at a Skate America. She had such a great attitude and was in the audience cheering loudly for her friends and training mates. She just seemed like such a cheery person that I was really impressed. It's hard for any skater who has put in so much time, effort and money and isn't able to achieve their goals whether for injury or other reason.

barbarafan

Liam Firus is now on the list for men at Skate America.

Wonder if his brother Shane and Carolane will get the open dance spot?
Who did Firus replace? I guess he is back from Poland now.His coach is already going re:Meaghan & Eric. Prob someone else can drive while he sleeps. He had falls in Poland..maybe wants to redeem...I do love his program.

Vagabond

From the other forum, they say Tkachenko could not get the Islael citizenship.
Which wouldn't dictate withdrawing from Skate America.

But didn't they withdraw from their other Grand Prix event? Perhaps one of them is injured. :unsure:

Well just to play devil's advocate - if they just found out that it was 100% a no to citizenship in the past few days, I can see where they'd be pretty devastated and just be questioning their whole partnership/career. I still hope to see them at Euros and Worlds.

Except that Tkachenko didn't meet the statutory requirements for citizenship. He's not Jewish, he's not of Jewish ancestry, and there is no longer a right to Israeli citizenship through marriage. Nothing has changed in this regard since the two of them paired up.

Tobias should have been aware of this risk, she's a professional country changer!
I'm sure she was. But she's already been to the Olympics, and it's Tkachenko should have (must have?) been aware of the risk. He's never been to the Olympics, and by choosing to represent Israel without doing what would have enabled him to get citizenship (Hint: It involves a snip and a dunk.), he consigned himself to staying home.

:violin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information