#TeamTrainwreck 9: Next Splat Station: Pyeongchang

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I like Kitty but she isn’t even going to make senior Nationals this year :shuffle:
Yeah, that's a least criteria for Russian seniors. Sad, but it's the reality. Now, that being said, IF we arbitrarily drop off the 13 yos, she WOULD have made the team, so there's that. But, the fact a 13 yo kind of trounced you isn't a compelling argument.

morqet

rising like a phoenix
But, the fact a 13 yo kind of trounced you isn't a compelling argument.

No, I think it's a very compelling argument - if she skated for any other country in the world, she'd have a very strong chance of making the podium at Nationals - but because she's in Russia, the 13 year olds block her from even qualifying for the event! What's more heartbreaking and :gallopin1 than that?

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
I believe this is the first time one of my nominations actually made the team. And I only needed one sentence to do so!!:respec:

I did all the dirty work :p
Also my first nomination getting it - I'm glad my campaign for H/D last year failed as they are too good for the team this year.
Your campaign sucked.
The victory belongs to @levineismine :p

I finally contributed more meaningfully to #TT than sending instagram screenshots to the boss.
I never thought this day would come :encore:

J

Jeschke

I did all the dirty work :p
Also my first nomination getting it - I'm glad my campaign for H/D last year failed as they are too good for the team this year.
Oh girl.
Let's talk again after Milan worlds, when they sat in podium position after the SD and blew it in the FS.
This is you and me in the audience :D
(and I am not the 2nd girl :p)

I finally contributed more meaningfully to #TT than sending instagram screenshots to the boss.
You lifted your secret status :eek:

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Oh girl.
Let's talk again after Milan worlds, when they sat in podium position after the SD and blew it in the FS.
This is you and me in the audience :D
(and I am not the 2nd girl :p)

If you would look like that, I would try to sit on your lap at competitions :p
<3

Be happy with a #farewellbronze for either C/L or B/S in Milan. H/D are aiming higher :D
I am ready to cry on camera either way :drama:

Ka3sha

And folks, it's time to admit that we've cursed the entire Olympic season with our thread title :shuffle:
Chan, Hanyu, Pogo, lot's of injuries and withdrawals and now even Medvedeva is in the cast and probably will WD from GPF :yikes:

Amantide

the return of Ilinykh with former #ttw member #cutieshibnev #finnboy #whatever Shibnev :watch:

(Tallinn competition days are THU and FRI, so you better be prepared for a long long weekend)

I'm not expecting much at this stage, but I'm really looking forward to see these two in Tallinn.
Spartacus though...:scream: Why?!:yawn::rolleyes:

SamuraiK

And folks, it's time to admit that we've cursed the entire Olympic season with our thread title :shuffle:
Chan, Hanyu, Pogo, lot's of injuries and withdrawals and now even Medvedeva is in the cast and probably will WD from GPF :yikes:

Lets not be so egocentric. Men has always been a warzone with lots of injured each year since the Quadmania begun. Pogo was the queen of splats before she was crowned Patron Saint of the team. And Evgenia can medal even with a cast.

So, It's NOT our fault. That's just how messed up figure skating is these days.

Dobre

Dance Update:

As Hurtado & Khaliavin are on the watchlist, perhaps we should be following their season a bit this year.

Which is very difficult because thus far they have . . .

-Been signed up for Lombardia. Withdrawn.
-Signed up for Finlandia. Finished 6th overall. (8th in the short, 7th in the free)
-Signed up for Minsk. Withdrawn. (Due to a trip to obtain citizenship paper for him?)
-Signed up for Warsaw. Withdrawn. (Due to bureaucratic difficulties, whatever that means).
-Stated they would compete at the Open d'Andorra, but they are not on the entry list.
-Signed up for Golden Spin . . . to be continued.

I feel the list above does imply a certain level of "trainwreckiness."

As the person who successfully nominated Coomes & Buckland onto the team, I would also like to provide evidence of their worthiness from this season:

-Not invited to a GP event.
-Won Nebelhorn Challenger event with very nice, high scores--still holding up in the top 11 for the season.
-Get last minute replacement invitation to NHK (The only dance team to receive one this season).
-Finish a respectable 5th in the short dance there.
-And a tragic 9th in the free dance. (Final overall score @18 points below their SB from Nebelhorn).
-To be continued.

J

Jeschke

As the person who successfully nominated Coomes & Buckland onto the team
So you have by far a better success rate than @pinky166 . Though I fear she is planning a tremendous secret campaign. It has been alarming silent the past few weeks :D

I would also like to provide evidence of their worthiness from this season:
still the weakest spot of our members. act of mercy that was of me.

-Not invited to a GP event.
Ok, that's a point. ISU messed up absolutely here.

-Won Nebelhorn Challenger event with very nice, high scores--still holding up in the top 11 for the season.
And these scores were pretty much an act of pity/mercy/welcome back. No way it refelected their (laboured) skating back then (nor on this date).

-Get last minute replacement invitation to NHK (The only dance team to receive one this season).
ISU trying to correct their mistake.

-And a tragic 9th in the free dance. (Final overall score @18 points below their SB from Nebelhorn).
Which was, sorry, the scores they should deserve right now.

:EVILLE:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I don't think I've ever successfully nominated anybody. :lol: Maybe Gracie or Alyssa? I don't remember.

S

SmallFairy

You love everyone! That argument does not count at all :D

Ha, tell me which other dancers I love?? (except from the obvious) :EVILLE:

Crazy cat lady award goes of course to Queen Monko :glamor:
Red claws, all I gotta say :D

Like there can be enough crazy cat ladies! #teampogo #teamsima

Those are flowers :blah: (ETA but beautiful indeed!)

Indeed!! :smokin:

:D:summer:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SmallFairy

I don't think I've ever successfully nominated anybody. :lol: Maybe Gracie or Alyssa? I don't remember.

:lol: I got Menshov in, he's my only one. Then he retired:p But I'm on a mission to make Peltonen my next success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information