From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

S

SmallFairy

(((Med)))

I bet she really wanted to skate, an extra aspect the final being in Japan, but I really hope she pulls out and take time to heal. If she was in such pain she needed heavy painkillers to get through the FS at NHK she should have pulled from that one as well. But Eteri is not excactly known for wise decisions when her athletes are injured....

Tinami Amori

Very timely, in a funny way.... journalists are asking Med if she will do quads.... :D

(dated Nov. 20, 2017) https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...-na-chetvernom-pryzhke-i-vot-pochemu-1338174/
Medvedeva is not planning to "kill herself doing quads".... :lol:

– Это действительно очень рискованно, и мы с тренерами пока не видим смысла идти убиваться на четверном прыжке и предпочитаем чистое катание с тройными, а не падение с четверного и потом сбой на тройных.

- This is really very risky, and my coach and i, for now, do not see any reason to go and kill myself learning quad, and we prefer skating clean with triples vs. quads with falls which may mess up other triples.

barbarafan

It's not in the article. I said "(from everything i heard and read)".

But i want to be a fly on the wall at the rink when the Fight of the Century starts... :D
Med says "I have a cast on my foot now, but MADE UP MY MIND to skate in GPF".....:EVILLE:
https://www.championat.com/other/ne...u-vsjo-chtoby-vystupit-v-finale-gran-pri.html

" Мне будет очень тяжело наблюдать со стороны за борьбой спортсменов. Тем более что я отобралась в финал. И это будут первые в моей карьере соревнования, которые я пропущу из-за травмы. Но я очень надеюсь, что этого не произойдёт. Во всяком случае для себя я приняла решение, что выступлю в финале Гран-при, несмотря ни на что".

"I can't sit and watch from the sidelines the competition. After all, i made it to the Final.. this may be my first in my career competition which i would miss, because of injury. But i hope it will not happen. In any case, i've decided for myself that i will skate in GPF, no matter what."

1) would she still be skating with a cast on....If she needs it on and skates her balance and timing will be off. This is not hopscotch she is doing.
2) If the cast is removed before it should be....really bad news...health comes first...live to win another day.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
this type of stress fracture should heal just fine. She'll be fine by the Olympics. Depending on her orthopedic doc, they may just leave the cast on a couple of weeks. Some don't use a typical cast, but place the patient in a boot. Actually skate boots wouldn't be bad. Med should be just fine. If they opt out of the GPF, it's not a big deal. I'd fully expect to see her at RuNat, Europeans, and the Olympics. She's so well trained, being off the ice a few weeks won't bother her.

Tyranid

I'm sorry to spoil for anyone who's waching the Shanghai Trophy, but Radionova just got FLEECED. FLEECED ! ! !

... and I know that not many like her on this forum, but... I don't think I'll be watching the Russian National ladies competition this year.

Christ, she's gonna lose to Tursynbayeva in a few moments. She's not making the Olympics... :wuzrobbed

edit: apologies, she beat Tursy.

edit 2: ookay, she beat Sotskova as well. I really shouldn't engage in emotional arithmetics. I really do get excited about figure skating don't I? Perhaps that's all that matters. Finding a moment of hapiness... Now I'll take a breather and analyze later. Pretty sure people will :rofl: at this post. But that's just natural. :)

Last edited:

DobrinFan

I'm sorry to spoil for anyone who's waching the Shanghai Trophy, but Radionova just got FLEECED. FLEECED ! ! !

... and I know that not many like her on this forum, but... I don't think I'll be watching the Russian National ladies competition this year.

Christ, she's gonna lose to Tursynbayeva in a few moments. She's not making the Olympics... :wuzrobbed

LOL she won this fluff comp but I surely can't see her beating Med, Zag or Tsursy ;) They all have better jumps.

lala

Interesting informations!

Lynn Rutherford‏ @LynnRutherford 22h22 hours ago
Serafima Sakhanovich says her coach, @EvgeniPlushenko, hopes to arrive at #skateamerica in time for Saturday practice. https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/933751851723390976

I didn't believe it because I thought Plushy will have shows in Slovakia
24.11. Banska Bystrica
25. 11. Zilina
26. 11. Trencine

And we got the news the shows were cancelled for technical reasons..hmmm the fans will be very angry!!! But it seems Plushy takes the coaching seriously.

lala

edit 2: ookay, she beat Sotskova as well. I really shouldn't engage in emotional arithmetics. I really do get excited about figure skating don't I? Perhaps that's all that matters. Finding a moment of hapiness... Now I'll take a breather and analyze later. Pretty sure people will :rofl: at this post. But that's just natural. :)

I deeply understand you.. :40beers: I couldn't sleep after men SP in Sochi, I was so upset and nervous..

Perky Shae Lynn

Lol, this whole post was really cute.

barbarafan

Lol, this whole post was really cute.

I have always liked Rad as her in between was lovely, she had expression and was not just a jumping bean. I did not enjoy Titanic as it was just too too much for a girl her age and she did all the called for facial movements and anguish but it did not ring true. I have to find a vid of shanghai trophy now.:watch:

cgirl8

Does it say what his injury is?
From the ISU https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/934477729772302338
Unfortunately, Maxim Kovtun (RUS) has withdrawn from #GPFigure #skateamerica2017 due to injury. He injured his right foot in a fall in the Short Program yesterday. We wish a quick recovery.

The article says he has a muscle tear in his right leg from a fall on one of the quads in the short program and it will be assessed further when they return to Moscow but the doctors advised him to withdraw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information