Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

Veronika

gold dust woman
I have naturally thick lashes, but I have dabbled a bit in false lashes and I wasn't very successful. I had a hard time placing them close enough to my natural lashline, even when I cut the lashes in half. I think they are really more of a going out on the town/special occasion type of thing.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
So I'm trying to save money due to expensive vet bills, so I was going without my gel manicure. But I couldn't stand it. I like my nails pretty. :drama: So I picked up some press on nails from Walgreens. They look effing fantastic. The brand is iMpress; there's no glue and they took me about five minutes to put on. I have this color on right now: https://www.impressmanicure.com/shop/impress-press-on-manicure-matte-and-glitter-accent-nails

So far, I've had them on for three days with no issues. I will keep you posted. Because there are some awesome designs on that website....

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Can I just say that new Wet n Wild foundation is not as amazing as they hype about it on Youtube. At least it is cheap.

I wanted to try out MUFE HD foundation, but in a place they sell it, they did not have 3 lightest shades tester. So that would be all from me. Back to Kryolan or MAC NW10 in Studio Fix Fluid.

kosjenka

Can anybody explain why Lancome has scented amscaras?
Seriously, I am using my beloved Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara and it smells like roses. Its INSANE!

Veronika

gold dust woman
Lancome, Maybelline, and L'Oreal are all owned by the same parent company and they all have offered horrible rose scented mascara. Maybelline and L'Oreal have dropped the scent from the more recent mascara releases (thank the lord!!!), but Lancome still has it in the Hypnose mascaras (which are the only Lancome mascaras I have tried and repurchased.)

I agree with you that the added rose scent is AWFUL!!!

kosjenka

The new golden rose Loreal mascara (its called differently in US and in EU) is really something. I am very impressed and much less expensive than MUFE Aqua smokey lash.

fan

i love the sunday riley samples i've received from sephora...but i think they smell like old pee. they're effective, but it's not worth it.

kosjenka

I think I would throw up from chocolate smell on my face.

That being said, I am about to buy Chili and Coke scented shower gel and body lotion...

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
i love the sunday riley samples i've received from sephora...but i think they smell like old pee. they're effective, but it's not worth it.
Be careful with anything that smells like that or with anything that smells like rancid oil. In the case of the Sunday Riley, there might be too much uric acid or the product has separated.

ETA, Sephora has finally shipped part of my 11/11 order. No sign of the stuff I really need, but my Xmas stocking stuffers are on their way. FWIW, Dr Gross is now labeled hazmat and is coming UPS ground whenever it ships. I'll have to remember that for next time and get it in the store.

Reactions: fan

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
I think I would throw up from chocolate smell on my face.

That being said, I am about to buy Chili and Coke scented shower gel and body lotion...

It doesn't smell on, thank god. I think the smell is coming from cocoa butter/powder in the formula.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Can anybody explain why Lancome has scented amscaras?
Seriously, I am using my beloved Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara and it smells like roses. Its INSANE!
I have a sample in my purse and really like the mascara itself but the scent is :scream: should I buy the full size and hold my nose?

Jenny

From the Bloc
I really don't understand why so much stuff is scented now that never was in the past, especially when people are more and more sensitive to environmental irritants like scents. And I'm not even talking about just cosmetics and toiletries - my husband bought some new leather gloves recently, and they smell fruity.

And yet bizarrely, major perfumers have been slowly eliminating their expanded lines of soaps, shower gels and body lotions - fewer and fewer of the classic scents offer these additional products now.

oleada

I hate scented stuff! It always makes me sneeze. I can't imagine scented Mascara :scream:

I tried a highly rated K beauty face cream but had to go back to Cerave or Clinique because I couldn't handle the smell.

Veronika

gold dust woman
I have the Two Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer. First time I used it I had the compact close to my face, using the mirror...breathed in and was shocked and slightly nauseated. Wasn't expecting it to actually smell like chocolate!

That production was just the start of TF's chocolate scented products. They have a Cocoa Powder foundation (which I actually like) and they have a bunch of chocolate scented eye palettes too.

skategal

Bunny mama
I have the milk chocolate soleil bronzer and my husband gets nauseous if I apply it while he's around me.

I've been eyeing the chocolate bonbons palette for awhile but don't want to buy anything else that I have to be careful where I use it. :lol:

On the topic of fragrance, I got the new Hourglass Lighting Edit Palette and the face powder in it is so fragranced. :eek:

I have used the same Hourglass powder in full size and also version 1 of the Lighting Edit Palette and don't remember those having fragrance.

I breathed in while applying it the other day and thought I would choke. :angryfire

WTF Hourglass? :confused:

altai_rose

What samples did you get? I'm sampling the Good Genes, and yeah, it smells like piss (and it's supposed to) but it is so effective at smoothing out my skin without irritating it!

fan

What samples did you get? I'm sampling the Good Genes, and yeah, it smells like piss (and it's supposed to) but it is so effective at smoothing out my skin without irritating it!

that's the one. i would buy it in a heartbeat, but yes, it really, really smells like pee. i can't do it.

Hindernisse

My latest discovery is Erborian CC cream. It works like a good dose of photoshop on your face!! It is very light-weight, does not give a sticky feeling (unlike Estee Lauder's CC), but the coverage is good, my pigmentation and redness are not seen. On top of that, it gives a very nice glow. I definitely recommend to check it out if you manage to find it. It is also available in 15ml which is nice if you would like to test it first.

https://uk.erborian.com/cc-creams,7,1,1085,0.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: fan

kosjenka

The only thing I bought during Black Friday is a Douglas brand copy of Clinique take the day off balm, mainly because the original is no longer available on Croatia.

fan

The only thing I bought during Black Friday is a Douglas brand copy of Clinique take the day off balm, mainly because the original is no longer available on Croatia.
croatia now has black friday deals? woah this globalization thing is getting out of control. we only started getting them in Canada about 3-4 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information