2017 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Skate Talker

Monday Nov 6
9 pm - Frankie Drake Mysteries - CBC (Canada)

This new series from the creators of Murdoch Mysteries follows the adventures of a young female private investigator, set in the 40's I think.
So I watched the first episode and turns out it's set in the 20's - oops. Anyway, loved the costuming and sets - so much more interesting than the 40's would be. I enjoyed the episode enough to continue watching, plenty of strong female characters.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Haha, I had the exact same thought today! :D I'm gonna have to watch CF at some point that week so it's a good thing I can use my tablet and watch it on the NBC app, LOL :cheer:

I don't mind waiting until I get home for CF and Will and Grace, but I will be foregoing Jr Ladies on Tuesday night because I can't miss This Is Us lol.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I don't mind waiting until I get home for CF and Will and Grace, but I will be foregoing Jr Ladies on Tuesday night because I can't miss This Is Us lol.

Haha, I don't know what time we're getting to CA yet (we don't have plane tickets bought yet.... :p) but that might end up happening for me too since my mom also watches TIU, LOL :lol:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday November 12/2017 - Saturday November 18/2017: http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, November 12
8 p.m. - ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Hallmark
8:30 p.m. - NO ACTIVITY - CBS All Access
9 p.m. - ELIZABETH SMART: AUTOBIOGRAPHY (Docu-series) - A&E
11 p.m. - AMC VISIONARIES: ROBERT KIRKMAN'S SECRET HISTORY OF COMICS - AMC

Monday, November 13
8:30 p.m. - Man with a Plan Season 2 - CBS
10 p.m. - AMC VISIONARIES: ROBERT KIRKMAN'S SECRET HISTORY OF COMICS - AMC
10:30 p.m. - ILL BEHAVIOUR (Miniseries) - Showtime

Tuesday, November 14
12:01 a.m. PT - FUTURE MAN - Hulu (Complete Season)
9 p.m. - Moonshiners Season 9 - Discovery
10 p.m. - LONG ROAD HOME (Miniseries) - Nat Geo (Time Slot Premiere)

Wednesday, November 15
8 p.m. - Religion of Sports Season 2 - Audience Network
9 p.m. - Mythbusters (New Channel, New Cast) - Science Channel

Thursday, November 16
12:01 a.m. PT - BACK - Sundance Now (Complete Season)

Friday, November 17
12:01 a.m. PT - THE PUNISHER - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Longmire Season 6 - Netflix

Saturday, November 18
8 p.m. - I AM ELIZABETH SMART (TV Movie) - Lifetime
8 p.m. - COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS (TV Movie) - Hallmark
9 p.m. - Night of Too Many Stars (Special) - HBO

Please post any updates I may have missed.

PeterG

Looks like we have our first network casualty of the season, and it's Kyra Sedwick's Ten Days in the Valley on ABC

I hate it when they do this...

I wondered what happened to it, so I checked imdb.com. Looks like it's on hiatus until December 16th. I know November is one of the months where Nielsen compiles it's ratings for advertising dollars, so I'm guessing Ten Days In The Valley wasn't getting good ratings and apparently extra episodes of Shark Tank is bringing in more viewers. So ABC is burning off the remaining episodes throughout the December holidays when viewership is usually down. I just hope the dates listed at imdb.com are correct and we get to see the rest of the series. Oh, and just saw that December 16th is a Saturday, which is a dead zone for network television. Looks like ABC has done everything but cancel the show...

BaileyCatts

So who else watches the ABC Thursday night lineup? And still has their jaw hangin' on the floor? And started screaming what the hell you mean we gotta wait until January 18 for the shows to come back!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LeafOnTheWind

I been on a Psych binge ever since I saw the announcement they are doing a movie in December. While I was watching the extras the show creators mentioned that Moonlighting was one of their main inspirations. I went to the used DVD/Movie/Book store in the area and just purchased seasons 1-2 of Moonlighting. It's going to be a fun weekend. :nopryde:

The clothing and music is very clearly dated but the characters are holding up just fine. :rockstar:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday November 19/2017 - Saturday November 25/2017: http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, November 19
8 p.m. - American Music Awards - ABC (Three-Hour Special Presentation)
8 p.m. - A GIFT TO REMEMBER (TV Movie) - Hallmark
8 p.m. - Food Paradise Season 7 - Travel Channel
10 p.m. - Search Party Season 2 - TBS (One-Hour Premiere)
10 p.m. - THE PROBLEM WITH APU (Documentary) - truTV

Monday, November 20
8 p.m. - DAVID LETTERMAN: THE KENNEDY CENTER MARK TWAIN PRIZE - PBS (Special)
8 p.m. - BIG HERO 6 THE SERIES - Disney (One-Hour Premiere Special, With Season 1 Officially Starting In 2018)

Tuesday, November 21
12:01 a.m. PT - MARVEL'S RUNAWAYS - Hulu (Three-Episode Premiere)
9 p.m. - Fixer Upper Season 5 - HGTV
9 p.m. - WHO KILLED TUPAC? - A&E
10 p.m. - Chicago Med Season 3 - NBC

Wednesday, November 22
12:01 a.m. PT - GODLESS - Netflix

Thursday, November 23
12:01 a.m. PT - SHE'S GOTTA HAVE IT - Netflix
8 p.m. - ANNE OF GREEN GABLES - PBS (90-Minute Special Presentation)

Friday, November 24
12:01 a.m. PT - Frontier Season 2 - Netflix
7 p.m. - HEY ARNOLD!: THE JUNGLE MOVIE (TV Movie) - Nickelodeon
9 p.m. - Bring It! Season 4 Midseason Premiere - Lifetime

Please post any updates I may have missed.

BaileyCatts

I been on a Psych binge ever since I saw the announcement they are doing a movie in December. .......

:eek: They are making a Psych movie????? I love Psych!!! I had no idea!! One of the few shows I was really sad to see end. The early season episodes are the funniest, as it is with most shows, but man I loved that show!

Susan1

Psych Movie is airing on Dec 7 on USA Network.

Here's a link to a preview where Shawn and Gus "prepare" for their return. :rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV58k_JqlLs

Neat. I watched some of the reruns in the middle of the night this summer when it was too hot to sleep.

p.s. - can somebody put this in the "this week on t.v." post for that week? I can't schedule a recording this far ahead of time. And if I write it down somewhere, I'll lose it or forget to look. Being on USA though, it will probably be on more than once.

Last edited:

Susan1

For any Beatles fans - on our PBS station this coming Saturday night at 8 p.m., I see the special - The Beatles - 8 Days a Week, The Touring Years. It's a documentary by Ron Howard that I heard about recently. I didn't know it was going to be on real t.v. I thought it might be on the internet or something. "check your local PBS listings"

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information