German Skating News 2017/2018

figureskatingforlife

Wow that is great to have such an overview. So does German Nationals not count into the qualification? It used to be all the years for the Euros/Worlds Team but I don’t see it on that sheet? Does anyone more know about it? It actually would make sense to do it without nationals because I guess the international competition count more...

J

Jeschke

Wow that is great to have such an overview. So does German Nationals not count into the qualification? It used to be all the years for the Euros/Worlds Team but I don’t see it on that sheet? Does anyone more know about it? It actually would make sense to do it without nationals because I guess the international competition count more...
Word was it would count towards the race but not towards meeting the criteria points.
So, as we still see, lots of questions still. Maybe German Fed bothers to publish the criteria to set things clear.

As far as we know for now, the sum of the best 3 events (cs, gp, nationals) do count. But, the sheet? :huh:

Marta24

Surprise, surprise, german fed has published an intermediate result of the olympic race: :eek:
https://www.eislauf-union.de/files/users/bettgenhaeuser/Protokoll-OWS-Quali.pdf

I like to see that lots of the skaters are going in direct head-to-head, so the end result is hopefully fair.

I am confused though, as all results not meeting the criteria are not listed in the summary at the end :huh:

Still funny though publishing that before publishing any criteria :rofl:
So, we will see K/N, L/P and M/D at Golden Spin? Spain is also using this competition, besides Nationals, to decide who is getting the Olympic spot in dance. Definiely not a competition to miss. Hopefully, they are going to provide a livestream. :drama:

Sabine-Yuna

Surprise, surprise, german fed has published an intermediate result of the olympic race: :eek:
https://www.eislauf-union.de/files/users/bettgenhaeuser/Protokoll-OWS-Quali.pdf

I like to see that lots of the skaters are going in direct head-to-head, so the end result is hopefully fair.

I am confused though, as all results not meeting the criteria are not listed in the summary at the end :huh:

Still funny though publishing that before publishing any criteria :rofl:
You don't have to list the results that don't meet the criteria because at this point they are of no interest. You are not in the race. As far as you will meet the criteria they will probably start counting your points.

J

Jeschke

Schott sits in 10th after SP at Rostelecom Cup (55,55pts).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ct9GCnOQOQ

She looked really nervous out there. Place as expected, a shame about the loop, as she could have scored really high nailing it.
But for her first GP, decent outing.
Now slay the FS!
Attack!
#teamschott

J

Jeschke

#olympicrace update:

Men:
212,16 Paul Fentz (CS FIN)
207,89 Peter Liebers (CS CAN)*

Ladies:
168,72 Nicole Schott (GP RUS)
155,85 Nathalie Weinzierl (CS GER)
150,38 Lea Johanna Dastich (CS ITA)

Pairs:
211,08 Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot (CS GER)
180,37 Annika Hocke / Ruben Blommaert (CS GER)
135,38 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (CS FIN)*

Ice Dance:
152,50 Kavita Lorenz / Joti Polizoakis (CS GER)
136,98 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (CS SVK)*
128,59 Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan (CS FIN)*

Last edited by a moderator:

Quadjump

Nicole showed nerves of steels today and had a great FS outing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jtfMAaLF2g
168,72pts (ISU PB), 10th place.
Unfortunately no WS points, but that was very unlikely either way.

I hope Nicole can keep that momentum until CS Minsk next week :encore:
She really faught through her FS today. Good job.

She should work on her speed especially during the steps. Her dresses have always been beautiful.

J

Jeschke

Best article ever :rofl:
WTF!?!
http://www.sport.de/news/ne2942508/grand-prix-schott-ueberraschungs-zweite-in-moskau/
Grand Prix: Schott surprise second in Moscow
The two-time German figure skating champion Nicole Schott succeeded in the Grand Prix opening-up in Moscow by second place a surprise.
The 21-year-old shone after the 10th place in the short program with the second best and thus jumped on the podium. With 168.72 points, Schott was almost 20 points behind the US winner Mariah Bell (188.56 points). The two-time world and European champion Evgenia Medvedev (Russia) had lost their lead after the short program and still fell from the medals.
(Google Translate)

Quadjump

I wrote them an E-Mail, stating that they were spreading "fake news" and attaching the results to it. Maybe I wasn't the only one.
I wrote them an E-Mail, stating that they were spreading "fake news" and attaching the results to it. Maybe I wasn't the only one.
Me too!

I mentioned that those kind of fake news would have never happened in terms of soccer.

J

Jeschke

Update in the #juniorsrace
Men:
166,55 Jonathan Hess (JGP AUT)
160,01 Isaak Droysen (JGP LAT)
137,92 Dennis Gurdzhi (JGP POL)
118,73 Kai Jagoda (JGP ITA)

Ladies:
146,55 Lea Johanna Dastich (JGP CRO)
128,02 Ann-Christin Marold (JGP POL)
120,88 Lutricia Bock (Cup of Nice)
102,12 Franziska Kettl (Cup of Nice)
88,24 Kristina Isaev (JGP LAT)

Pairs:
138,64 Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel (JGP POL)

Ice Dance
110,60 Sabrina Bittner / Andrej Lebed (International Halloween Cup)
109,50 Ria Schwendinger / Valentin Wunderlich (JGP CRO)*
102,28 Charise Matthaei / Maximilian Pfisterer (JGP LAT)*
82,48 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (JGP AUT)*

Last edited by a moderator:

sandra_persch

Update in the #juniorsrace
Men:
166,55 Jonathan Hess (JGP AUT)
160,01 Isaak Droysen (JGP LAT)
137,92 Dennis Gurdzhi (JGP POL)
118,73 Kai Jagoda (JGP ITA)

Ladies:
146,55 Lea Johanna Dastich (JGP CRO)
128,02 Ann-Christin Marold (JGP POL)
120,88 Lutricia Bock (Cup of Nice)
102,12 Franziska Kettl (Cup of Nice)
88,24 Kristina Isaev (JGP LAT)

Pairs:
138,64 Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel (JGP POL)

Ice Dance
110,60 Sabrina Bittner / Andrej Lebed (International Halloween Cup)
109,50 Ria Schwendinger / Valentin Wunderlich (JGP CRO)
102,28 Charise Matthaei / Maximilian Pfisterer (JGP LAT)
82,48 Lara Luft / Asaf Kazimov (JGP AUT)

Thanks for the interim result. So right now only Bittner / Lebed fulfill the 110 point minimum requirement set bei the DEU for the dance teams.

J

Jeschke

Thanks for the interim result. So right now only Bittner / Lebed fulfill the 110 point minimum requirement set bei the DEU for the dance teams.
Totally forgot about the 110pts minimum set by fed.
Can someone explain, whey there is a special fed criteria for dance and not for the other disciplines? :huh:

sandra_persch

Totally forgot about the 110pts minimum set by fed.
Can someone explain, whey there is a special fed criteria for dance and not for the other disciplines? :huh:

Last year they only had one for pairs but I guess Thomalla / Kunkel are "good" enough now to be considered worth sending without a special points requirement.

In singles there are enough skaters there that seem to have done well in monitoring and the JGPs but in dance ... well they all didnt impress me so far this year.

My guess is it has to do with the C Team envelope criteria - you get C if you get send to Junior Worlds or score 110 point if you are in year 2 of the C team (which applies to Bittner / Lebed and Matthaei / Pfisterer). Schwendinger / Wunderlich would need 118 as they have more years of C funding.
Plus at last year Junior Worlds you would have been 18th with 110 points.

J

Jeschke

My guess is it has to do with the C Team envelope criteria - you get C if you get send to Junior Worlds or score 110 point if you are in year 2 of the C team (which applies to Bittner / Lebed and Matthaei / Pfisterer). Schwendinger / Wunderlich would need 118 as they have more years of C funding.
Thanks for explaining your thoughts. So 'typical german fed' we get here again, where no one outside understands exactly what's going on :rofl:
Still there is no official announcement on the website, how the #olympicrace list actually is working, but they already shown an intermediate result :rofl:

Will be interesting to see what would happen in the not totally unlikely scenario Schott getting the open spot at the french GP. Would she have to chose challenger or grand prix or will she get additionally the only challenger left for her (Tallinn).

By the way are you going to add the second JGP for the Dastich & Marold too or will you only add the later results?
I only listed the best result, as only that is counting towards the race.
Otherwise I would lose track :D

Catherine M

So, it's the week of the great german skate-off's in Minsk :40beers: :watch:
Unfortunately we will have no stream, a shame :drama:

We should have done a GoFundMe account and sent you Jeschke to Minsk and you could have broadcast the event on Periscope, like that Russian ice dancer (or was it a pairs skater?) did from the last Youth Olympics from Norway a couple of seasons ago when there wasn't any streaming.

Don't know how much I'll be able to follow the results from Minsk as I'll be in Regina for Skate Canada and plan to go off the grid as much as possible. So good luck to all the skaters as they take this important step towards the Olympics.

text_skate

Jackie Wong in his preview for SC on Paul Fentz: "He has beautiful jumps and enough difficulty to figure into the middle of the pack here." He placed him 12th. I keep my fingers crossed that Paul will do us proud and land himself in the middle of that field.

J

Jeschke

I sense some :drama: in the ladies #olympicrace to come :watch:
Weinzierl has been crossed out of CS Minsk.
Leaves CS Warsaw, Tallinn and Zagreb:

Warsaw we have 2 entries (Schott, Bock) and no subsitute listed.
Tallinn would be Weinzierls 2nd CS then.
Zagreb is already listed for Bock, Dastich, Schott.

Does this leave Weinzierl with 2 CS and nationals only, meaning she has to deliver at all and has no free-shot?
(Bock was crossed out of Nebelhorn and got another assignemnt for that later, just for the record)

Easiest would be to get her in at Warsaw but I have no clue if that is doable, when you have no subs listed.
Will they remove da Schott from Zagreb as she had 'additionally' the GP?
One thing is for sure: it never gets boring with german fed :40beers:

Side note: anyone knows, why Weinzierl pulled out?

J

Jeschke

Looks like Katharina Gierok is still skating. She is listed for Westfalen Cup this weekend
Wow, this comes as a surprise :eek:
Must have been about 5 years now, or? Back to singles.

And Volvo Open Cup
Side note question: Volvo Cup is not even mentioned on the competition roster of german fed (Beschickungsliste), so it won't work as qualification for the junior worlds race, or?

sandra_persch

Side note question: Volvo Cup is not even mentioned on the competition roster of german fed (Beschickungsliste), so it won't work as qualification for the junior worlds race, or?

Assuming its not an error on the Beschickungsliste it wont count. Which probably explains why non of the contenders for the spots are entered.

Am hoping for some interesting match ups in Graz though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information