Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, #46 : Until the End of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sap5

I just feel it's so last year. If it's used as this year's ex, it's like some of the magic goes away. I would have felt the same if the Shibs had used "Fix You" as their EX last year.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
If that is what they are hinting at then I guess it would be the version they skated for SOI (didn't see it but isn't there always a show version with skaters?) they didn't skate many shows and it is a fun program that crowds enjoy so probably not crazy to use that for the required exhibitions instead of something else. Even though I don't care for exhibitions part of me was wondering if they might do something to The Tragically Hip this year but I usually don't watch show programs so I guess it's fine ;)

chapis

I just feel it's so last year. If it's used as this year's ex, it's like some of the magic goes away. I would have felt the same if the Shibs had used "Fix You" as their EX last year.

I understand you, but it is great that many people will watch that program in the olympics, it is better than any random exhibition and I don´t think they would want spend much time working a exhibition.

Maddie Sparks

I really liked the show version of their Prince program (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFQP4LqWEOU). They cut out the 5 Women (middle) section and just added in extra Purple Rain, which gives it a different feel. Maybe tighten up some of the choreography, add in a costume change, and I wouldn't mind seeing it as their EX this year.

Alternatively, bring back What's Love Got To Do With It (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylg2zlBKIn0) because I've always enjoyed that program, too.

Alexandria

I really liked the show version of their Prince program (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFQP4LqWEOU). They cut out the 5 Women (middle) section and just added in extra Purple Rain, which gives it a different feel. Maybe tighten up some of the choreography, add in a costume change, and I wouldn't mind seeing it as their EX this year.

Alternatively, bring back What's Love Got To Do With It (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylg2zlBKIn0) because I've always enjoyed that program, too.

I agree. I think the last thing they want to do is spend a lot of time on an EX program so I'm fine with whatever, as long as we're done with Bieber!

Sonata

I’d rather not see another hip hop. I feel like they’ve done a lot of that lately.

I’ve always been fond of Tennessee Waltz, choreographed by their former coach, Suzanne Killing. It might be nice to have a bookend to their career with a program choreographed by her.

If they plan to tour next year, that would be a good opportunity to build a program with Jennifer Swan.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I've dreamt of them skating to What Kind Of Man by Florence And The Machine since I heard the song. It would be a killer exhibition.

sap5

I've seen trolls trying to stir things up before, but to see someone trashing Scott on Tessa's own instagram account has got to be a new low! Really amazed by the stuff people do sometimes. :( I hope she blocks whoever this is, or better yet, sends out a message that this kind of stuff is not okay to post to her account.

Last edited:

kittysk8ts

I've seen trolls trying to stir things up before, but to see someone trashing Scott on Tessa's on instagram account has got to be a new low! Really amazed by the stuff people do sometimes. :( I hope she blocks whoever this is, or better yet, sends out a message that this kind of stuff is not okay to post to her account.
She will NEVER send out a message. They ignore all the BS as they should. They have had this happening to them for years and years.

Shayii

Wow I wish I didn't read that. A part of me feels she should address it that's just wrong. I follow a lot of skaters on social media and I've never seen the kind of things I see people say to Tessa on other people's accounts.

sap5

She will NEVER send out a message. They ignore all the BS as they should. They have had this happening to them for years and years.

It's one thing to ignore BS posted on outlets I don't control, but if you're going to walk into my house (or instagram account) and start spewing nonsense, I'm going to throw you out. I don't know if Tessa feels the same, but I hope she would.

kittysk8ts

It's one thing to ignore BS posted on outlets I don't control, but if you're going to walk into my house (or instagram account) and start spewing nonsense, I'm going to throw you out. I don't know if Tessa feels the same, but I hope she would.
She may block someone but she will never call them out. I agree with you though. I would LOVE to see her tell some of the haters off. Social media can be such a hateful place.

sap5

She may block someone but she will never call them out. I agree with you though. I would LOVE to see her tell some of the haters off. Social media can be such a hateful place.

She should do what she thinks is right, and if just blocking them is what she thinks is enough, that's fine by me. But if she ends up doing nothing at all, I'll admit I'd think that is strange.

Shayii

I agree with sap5 she needs to say something. A big line has been crossed. It's obvious who ever this is isn't a V/M fan, but still she should shut it down.

Goody2shoes

Owning a public social acct, I think she knows there will be haters out there. Even if she does address this issue (i.e. blocking, etc), it's not going to stop them from coming under different usernames/accts. However, I do think she reads ones she clearly expect some decent answers, ex. songs choices (even if it's just for fun) and appreciates the positive comments coming her way anyways. Her tactic is subtle. Like when they body shamed her, her posts slowly had touched about Dove campaign and shared fitness photos. Those inspiration quotes too. She doesn't say anything per se but her actions clearly proves that she's sending a message. And besides her training will keep her super focused right now.

kittysk8ts

Owning a public social acct, I think she knows there will be haters out there. Even if she does address this issue (i.e. blocking, etc), it's not going to stop them from coming under different usernames/accts. However, I do think she reads ones she clearly expect some decent answers, ex. songs choices (even if it's just for fun) and appreciates the positive comments coming her way anyways. Her tactic is subtle. Like when they body shamed her, her posts slowly began about Dove campaign and her fitness photos. She doesn't say anything per se but her actions clearly proves that she's sending a message. And besides her training will keep her super focused tight now.
They have always taken the high road. I posted a comment telling that person to piss off. LOL. Like anyone cares. It is just a troll anyway.

Anyone else getting nervous yet? Haha. I know, it's only Monday.....

Anyasnake

Anyone else getting nervous yet? Haha. I know, it's only Monday.....

ME ! I want to see their programs with a GOOD camera work ever since ACI. And to everyone who gets to go to Skate Canada, please report... and know that I'm slightly jealous :summer: Thankfully the time difference for the Ice Dance event is actually VERY decent for me, I was scared to stay until 5a.m.

kittysk8ts

Tessa always looks amazing. She's been glowing since they "came back" (I know people hate that term for them). I love that Scott/Tessa are having one more Olympic season on their terms.
I think that is a perfect way to put it! It is true. Scott always goes with the flow but Tessa is super duper happy in Montreal with the new team and a new look for them and this is fun to watch. I want the same as you :) Cannot wait to see what their programs look like now :)

Zazy

Why would they not have Scott there? Surely they're taking tango lessons together, so why exclude him?

I will never understand their PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information