Olympic Channel - Launches July 15th

Cleo1782

I love the Olympic channel. Even though they literally chacked S/K for C/s in the short in their broadcast and showed only 6 programs total both short and long-I loved it. And since I can't find the 2014 ladies event ANYWHERE on the internet I am very excited to see it on Thursday.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
I can't tell if Optimum cable offers the Olympic Channel, or what package it would be part of. Their channel listings online appear to be out of date.

Cleo1782

I can't tell if Optimum cable offers the Olympic Channel, or what package it would be part of. Their channel listings online appear to be out of date.

It was literally a nightmare to find it on Cox. I had to call a representative and they said they didn't offer it (even though it showed up on my cable guide). They blatantly told me they hadn't got the rights yet. I ended up purchasing the sports package anyway for like 10 bucks more a month for NFL redzone and what do you know? I got the Olympic Channel too. So it seems like even cable companies have no idea what they are talking about.

Cherub721

YEAH!

It's 225 for me. I didn't think I had it, but I found it by searching the onscreen guide for ISU. They're showing repeats of the Sochi Olympics too.

Last edited:

topaz

Direct tv channel 624. I just looked at the skating schedule and I will not be renewing my icenetwork subscription this season because of the LIVE coverage.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Since I’m a “legacy TimeWarner” subscriber, I don’t get the O Channel. Because of all the promos we have on our present plan, it would cost between $30-$40 a month more. So that’s not happening. I have found on YouTube there are videos, pretty HQ, of individual skaters. So I run these through my big screen TV using ChromeCast. Works just great. And since I’m not going to be getting up at stupid o’clock to watch live skating even if I had it, I’m happy.

skatesindreams

Since I’m a “legacy TimeWarner” subscriber, I don’t get the O Channel. Because of all the promos we have on our present plan, it would cost between $30-$40 a month more.
I heard the same story from Bright House Network.
My bill has gone up about $50/mo. since the switch!

Spun Silver

Can anyone answer this Q?

Now that there's the Olympic Channel, is there any skating that can't be watched online? E.g., does NBC still make you watch part of the big events on primetime TV while you catch the rest online, or is it available continuously online now via the Oly Channel app?

I watch pretty much everything on my tablet. We have a second TV that's used only for the NBC primetime coverage of the big skating events that can't be seen elsewhere, and I'm wondering if I can ditch it and stop paying for the second set top box. I'm about to move and am setting up our new Verizon account. Thanks for any input.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Can anyone answer this Q?

Now that there's the Olympic Channel, is there any skating that can't be watched online? E.g., does NBC still make you watch part of the big events on primetime TV while you catch the rest online, or is it available continuously online now via the Oly Channel app?

I watch pretty much everything on my tablet. We have a second TV that's used only for the NBC primetime coverage of the big skating events that can't be seen elsewhere, and I'm wondering if I can ditch it and stop paying for the second set top box. I'm about to move and am setting up our new Verizon account. Thanks for any input.
This is what I did last year and it worked pretty well. You can download the NBC Sports App and be able to select the Olympic Channel from the app. You can also watch NBC, NBCSN and the Golf Channel from that app. Just sign in using your cable or satellite provider account and password.

It works pretty well for me. I watched the skating on TV and online with the app.

Spun Silver

This is what I did last year and it worked pretty well. You can download the NBC Sports App and be able to select the Olympic Channel from the app. You can also watch NBC, NBCSN and the Golf Channel from that app. Just sign in using your cable or satellite provider account and password.

It works pretty well for me. I watched the skating on TV and online with the app.
Thanks so much, Simone!

Spun Silver

FWIW, I also found there is a FIOS TV app, so I hope that I can use it for everything, at least if it's good. Looks like I have some options.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
When will the NBC channels announce their cable TV line up of shows for the 2018/19 season? Mid-September in the past. TV coverage was fantastic last season.

Simone411

When will the NBC channels announce their cable TV line up of shows for the 2018/19 season? Mid-September in the past. TV coverage was fantastic last season.
It really was. I also received an e-mail from the Olympic Channel this morning. They have a new site now and sent the new link for it. Sharing the new link here:

Olympic Channel

Frau Muller

It really was. I also received an e-mail from the Olympic Channel this morning. They have a new site now and sent the new link for it. Sharing the new link here:

Olympic Channel

I just watch on traditional TV (cable) but thanks nonetheless. Even if there’s a few hours delay, it’s usually same-day coverage on Olympic Channel’s regular TV coverage.

Sylvia

TBD
https://www.teamusa.org/olympic-channel-broadcast-schedule
Skate America (initial OC) broadcasts are listed for the week after:
Monday, Oct. 22 8:00-10:30 pm ET - Pairs SP (1 hour) & FS
Tuesday, Oct. 23 8:00-11:30 pm ET - Men SP (1.5 hrs) & FS
Wednesday, Oct. 24 8:00-11:00 pm ET - Rhythm (1.5 hrs) & Free Dance
Thursday, Oct. 25 8:00-11:30 pm ET - Ladies SP (1.5 hrs) & FS

ETA other links to check out on the OC website:

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/live/

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/sports/figure-skating/

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Skate America (initial OC) broadcasts are listed for the week after:
Monday, Oct. 22 8:00-10:30 pm ET - Pairs SP (1 hour) & FS
Tuesday, Oct. 23 8:00-11:30 pm ET - Men SP (1.5 hrs) & FS
Wednesday, Oct. 24 8:00-11:00 pm ET - Rhythm (1.5 hrs) & Free Dance
Thursday, Oct. 25 8:00-11:30 pm ET - Ladies SP (1.5 hrs) & FS

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/live/

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/sports/figure-skating/

All shows at worker-friendly hours! Ready to relax on my sofa, with no streaming or computer hook ups! Little wine...a little finger food.

Frau Muller

SkAm coverage continues tonight (8-11:30 pm Eastern) with complete men’s event. All SPs and LPs...but likely Tara & Johnny calling the action. 🎉

Tomorrow - Dance (8-11)
Thursday - Ladies (8-11:30)

I hope that OlyChannelHD continues this pattern throughout this GP season, ie, showing all skaters, one discipline per night, the week after the live event was held.

Last edited:

Simone411

Thanks, @Frau Muller. I appreciate the info especially since I had trouble with my NBC local station the first night. I was able to watch live on the ISU website, but it wasn't the same since I couldn't watch on my Vizio big screen TV.

TalentedButHumble

I need a virtual skating buddy to talk about the comps while watching (mostly unspoiled) on delay!

After having gone a long time without any of "cable" networks that carried skating, I have access now to Olympic Channel (and NBCSN) through my latest TV streaming app. Only complaint (other than that it is not live) - neither the O Channel or NBC will win Emmy's for sound mixing. :D

Sylvia

TBD
For those who have the Olympic Channel, the remaining Skate Canada International (initial) broadcasts are in the following order (Rhythm & Free Dance was tonight - currently on in Pacific time?):

Tuesday, Oct. 30 from 8-11:30 pm Eastern time - Ladies SP+FS
Wednesday, Oct. 31 from 8-11:30 pm Eastern time - Men SP+FS
Thursday, Nov. 1 from 8-10:30 pm Eastern time - Pairs SP+FS

ETA:

"Tanith White will call the remaining competitions on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, joined by Ben Agosto, White’s 2006 Olympic silver medal-winning skating partner, for the rhythm and free dance events, and 2011 U.S. champion Ryan Bradley for the men’s and ladies’ short, and pairs’ short and free programs."

Last edited:

Simone411

I just checked my schedule with the Olympic Channel.

The Free Dance from Skate Canada will begin 3:30 - 5 p.m. central (4:30 - 6.pm. Eastern)
So this will begin in about another hour.

Lacey

And mine is 3:30 to 5:00 today this afternoon, so check your various providers!

Also, dance, pairs, men's and women's all seem to repeat a lot, so if you miss them one night, keep checking future schedules. And if you put in a do not pick up repeats on Tivo, it literally will skip one part, so I am picking up everything and going back and deleting repeats later.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Men’s-SkCan is tonight from 8pm to 11pm Eastern.
(Xfinity in Washington DC area)

Dance on Monday (Tanith & Ben commentating) was terrific, as was Ladies last night (Tanith & Ryan).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information