AS A SKATER,DID YOU EVER DREAM OF,OR WISH THAT YOU COULD COMPETE?

FSWer

Say,I'm not sure if this is were to put this. But,I myself have always thought about this. So I was wondering if there's anyone else here who feels this way?...So today's question is....as a non-competitive Skater skater for fun,did you ever dream or..ever wish that you could have your chance to compete and win a medal and all?...I know I have!!! So if there's....ANYONE else here who actually feels the way I do...I would LOVE for you to please take time to tell me about it. Please include the Discipline you have dreamed or wished you could compete in. For me it is deffenitely Ice-Dancing!!! What about you all?

treesprite

I did a couple competitions as a kid and even placed in both of them (3rd then 1st), but that was really enough competing for me. I had, and have, other goals for my skating besides proving that I am possibly better than someone else. If I did a competition, it would not be for the purpose of competing, it would just be about having an excuse to skate a program, since the rink here only has 2 shows a year.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Did a bunch of low level ISI competitions in freesytle and solo dance (beginner pattern dances) only. Frankly have a ton of medals because I often competed in groups of 4 or less or against the book (I was the only competitor). Did a few adult competitions, have a few medals. It was fun, but often very frustrating, I was not anything resembling a talented skater, and the group of friends and fellow competitors I skated and hung out with have moved on as have I. Haven't competed in several years, frankly, don't miss it at all, although I do miss the people - some breaks in relationships also occurred that changed things. I just enjoy trying to be a better skater.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information