"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
It would need to be a:

Colledge-2S-1/2Lp-3F

:)

Colledge = 1A with a landing on the same foot as takeoff ... @Coco I am certain you are thinking of Trenary's Colledge-3S ...

No, I know what I'm talking about. :) Brian Orser used to do a 2salchow that landed on the take off foot. A triple flip or a second salchow jump could be done immediately after this. I'm not sure what value of 1 foot double salchow would have but it would be a cool combination.

Last edited:

bardtoob

No, I know what I'm talking about. :) Brian Orser used to do a 2salchow that landed on the take off foot. A triple flip or a second salchow jump could be done immediately after this. I'm not sure what value of 1 foot double salchow would have but it would be a cool combination.

Ooo ... Ooo ... about what year?

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
"Not allowed," but the first three jumps would count, and the fourth could be considered a "creative exit" for purposes of GOE. :COP:

Come to think of it, didn't Evgenia add an extra jump at one of her competitions that wasn't allowed but she did it anyway because well she could?

aftershocks

Banned Member
I don't think it's over-hype, they didn't make it out like she was going to win (despite the "dark horse" labeling in the segment), 4th ended up being a great finish for her. That's a cute segment. I still think, despite not all of the jumps being perfect in the LP, that Mirai should have won nationals in 2010. She had the performance of the night (not that I'm saying nationals should ignore under-rotations, it's more annoying how selective their calling gets for some people, and that they should consistently call everyone as needed each year).

Sure it's a cute feature, but I still think it's a bit of the usual Olympics fluff/ over-hype build-up in the way it's introduced and some of the voice-over phrasings. The short interview with Mirai is nice in and of itself.

antmanb

Come to think of it, didn't Evgenia add an extra jump at one of her competitions that wasn't allowed but she did it anyway because well she could?

No I don't think Evgenia did it just because she could, but she practices her long programme pretty much doing triple toes after every single jump she does so that if, for whatever reason, she doesn't do the combos where they are scheduled she knows that she can add it to pretty much any other triple jump she does. I think she had a brain fart moment...or the downside of training muscle memory doing triple toes after everything is that sometimes you do it and it can't count :lol:

I'm loving Mirai's progress in the off season and into the start of the season but I've got to PMSL that she's trying the 3A in both SP and LP and the fans are now calling for 2 3As in the LP.

GullyGirl84

No I don't think Evgenia did it just because she could, but she practices her long programme pretty much doing triple toes after every single jump she does so that if, for whatever reason, she doesn't do the combos where they are scheduled she knows that she can add it to pretty much any other triple jump she does. I think she had a brain fart moment...or the downside of training muscle memory doing triple toes after everything is that sometimes you do it and it can't count :lol:

I'm loving Mirai's progress in the off season and into the start of the season but I've got to PMSL that she's trying the 3A in both SP and LP and the fans are now calling for 2 3As in the LP.

Yes, please, let's get Mirai through rotating/cleanly landing at least one triple axel first in one of her programs (and other jumps too). :p That in itself is an incredibly daunting/intimidating task, and it might not happen right away, even though she has the potential to do it. Or, she might land what looks like a good one to us, and get dinged on the rotation of it. I will admit that i'm nervous in particular about the short. But if (hopefully when) she does eventually land one, her agent needs to work on getting her a ticket to the premiere of I, Tonya.

One thing that I have to admit is...I kind of miss Mirai's solo double axel? It hit me when I was watching her Demons worlds program the other night. Of course, if she can hit as good of a triple axel at some point as the ones she hits in warmups/practice, all is forgiven, but I'm guessing it might be awhile and we might have to see some clunky (but hopefully rotated) ones for a while.

Last edited:

arakwafan2006

She's my pick at Nationals. I hope she saves her best performance for Olympics and 2nd best for the World Championships and medals. If she stays in for another 4 or even 2 years, I really hops she finds a coach to help with her in between elements. They're being ignored now which though it produces better jumps, it minimizes her overall. She is better than that.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I worry about overtraining and peaking too soon. I hope she doesn't make GPF, (not THAT much a threat) and can get a good rest between her last GP and Nationals.

bardtoob

I want her to win the nationals this time. No way they can deny her the Olympic spot in that case. Realistically though silver is within her reach.

Mirai is still going to be watched like a hawk (or vulture) by the technical panel.

Mirai can not expect for one moment that any underrotations are acceptable . . . but she is in such great shape from all her hard work that I expect she can easily win National with no underrotations :biggrinbo

Hard work pays! Hard work pays!

bardtoob

^ Easily? Doubt it. But yes, she can get her title back. But first - have a great GP in Russia, Mirai! Ganbatte!

You're right, and Mirai needs to focus on the performance, not the placement. Mirai has some control over the performance, but the placement is controlled arbitrarily by some other people. Shame on the technical panel and judges if she is not placed correctly according to the performance because the skaters, coaches, and fans have eyes.

Bellanca

I worry about overtraining and peaking too soon. I hope she doesn't make GPF, (not THAT much a threat) and can get a good rest between her last GP and Nationals.
I can see your point, but I definitely want Mirai to make the GPF, if she can, because psychologically, for her, I think this could be a brilliant and compelling statement heading into Nationals in the Olympic season. Injuries are always a concern, though. I hope and pray Mirai stays healthy, healthy, healthy!! As Dick Button advised Yuzuru, don’t overtrain. Ditto for Mirai.

Spun Silver

I can see your point, but I definitely want Mirai to make the GPF, if she can, because psychologically, for her, I think this could be a brilliant and compelling statement heading into Nationals in the Olympic season. Injuries are always a concern, though. I hope and pray Mirai stays healthy, healthy, healthy!! As Dick Button advised Yuzuru, don’t overtrain. Ditto for Mirai.
I would be beyond thrilled if she made the GPF but something in me says, Don’t ask too much. I dont want her to be burdened by other people’s expectations. I think her main goal is just to get back to the Olympics (and maybe also reclaim her national title). It might be better for her psychologically to stay under the radar... like in 2010 in Vancouver.

Bellanca

I would be beyond thrilled if she made the GPF but something in me says, Don’t ask too much. I dont want her to be burdened by other people’s expectations. I think her main goal is just to get back to the Olympics (and maybe also reclaim her national title). It might be better for her psychologically to stay under the radar... like in 2010 in Vancouver.
It could be, actually, but I think Mirai is enjoying this (most recent) spotlight, and if she can build on it, more power to her! Obviously, this being her fan thread, we all want her to succeed, so I say whatever makes her the most comfortable or however she gets there -- just get there! We want this for HER!! Go get it, girl!!!! :cheer2: :kickass: :cheer2: :kickass:

mag

It could be, actually, but I think Mirai is enjoying this (most recent) spotlight, and if she can build on it, more power to her! Obviously, this being her fan thread, we all want her to succeed, so I say whatever makes her the most comfortable or however she gets there -- just get there! We want this for HER!! Go get it, girl!!!! :cheer2: :kickass: :cheer2: :kickass:

This, to me, is the biggest improvement. Mirai appears to be actually relishing the spotlight. That will be so important in the pressure cooker at Nationals. I remember watching live Tessa and Scott warming up for the OD in 2010. You could tell they were feeding off of the crowd, taking in the crazy. It was giving them energy. When a athlete or performer can do that, it can lift them to a whole other level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information