German Skating News - Part 3

sus2850

Well, I think I understand it. Two events total count which imcludes nationals (like every year for Euros/Worlds). At least one event has to meet the Olympic standard reduced by 10 percent.
What I do not get though: 160 minus 10 percent, as mentioned for women, is not 150. But who brought up the 150? Maybe dpa got that wrong.
But again: We will know by next Wednesday. I will let you know what we will hear in the media seminar in Oberstdorf

text_skate

160 minus 10 percent, as mentioned for women, is not 150.
That's the reason, why I was thinking, I've got sth. wrong. Same applies for 225 minus 10%. It's less than 208.

Hopefully the media seminar will shed some light on criteria and stuff

But who brought up the 150? Maybe dpa got that wrong.
Here is the official presse release from DEU with 150 pts

Last edited:

sus2850

Yes, you are right, it was the DEU itself, the men's requirement was mentioned by dpa.
Well, maths is not easy. Or they changed the requirements since the DOSB file was published (it says the info is from November 2016).

Quadjump

The ISU posted something different concerning Aljona and Bruno´s SP.

SP: Ameksa - Fuego by Taalbi Brothers, edited by Maxime Rodriguez

Last week the fan spoiler has been:

SP: Spanish Flame by Maxime Rodriguez

Quadjump

Another interesting tidbit from ISUbio: Aljona is mentioned as one of the choreographers for Hocke/Blommaert
This sounds amazing but unsurprising.

Hocke/Blommaert surely do not have much money. So this is the best moment for the queen to work on her later career as a coach.

J

Jeschke

When do you think she'll retire and start doing that? Say 2030, or is that too soon?
Aliona mentioned in an interview, they might go on for another season or two.
But at this point it's pretty wild speculation i guess.

Nontheless it's great for Hocke to have such a role model and great Aliona enjoys that role.

J

Jeschke

What I do not get though: 160 minus 10 percent, as mentioned for women, is not 150.

That's the reason, why I was thinking, I've got sth. wrong. Same applies for 225 minus 10%. It's less than 208.

You 2 had some little mistake in your calculation.
As stated in #969 , they take 2 seasons into account evalutating the 'goal'. You 2 only calculated woth 2015/16 season. I highlighted the parts referring to that.

The score is decided by the goal of german fed and german nok. (goal = this score at olympic games);
They take 2015/16 and 2016/17 into evaluation to determine these scores.

Right now, the score of 2016/17 is missing. So you can just get a hint of in which area the scores might be.

As the qualification starts in autumn and the goal is to get these scores at olympic games, 10% will be deducted.

These are the scores to date (without update of 2016/17 season, though it was mentioned it will be updated right after worlds :shuffle:)

Ladies: 160pts (-10% ≈144pts)
Men: 225pts (-10% ≈ 202pts)
Pairs besides S/M: 184pts (-10% ≈ 166pts)
Ice Dance: 154pts (-10% ≈ 139pts)

I assume (regarding the level of the recent world champs) that the scores will go up a bit;

J

Jeschke

I've heard rumours that Nicole Schott has replaced Ivett Toth at GP Russia. No confirmation yet, but if it's true it would be great!
Yes, I thought about something like that.
Would be great for Nici to enter GP.

Though not sure if the scoring at GP might work in her favour compared to the challenger the same weekend she wanted to do. (regarding the olympic race)

Sabine-Yuna

Yes, I thought about something like that.
Would be great for Nici to enter GP.

Though not sure if the scoring at GP might work in her favour compared to the challenger the same weekend she wanted to do. (regarding the olympic race)
She might do another challenger. Besides I'm not sure if the GP score could give you an additional score for the Olympic race and you could still keep the 3 challengers. Then the GP would be an advantage.

J

Jeschke

She might do another challenger. Besides I'm not sure if the GP score could give you an additional score for the Olympic race and you could still keep the 3 challengers. Then the GP would be an advantage.
yeah, so many open questions with german fed nomination criteria.
so, for whoever is at this press meeting, it would be nice to know which competitions exactly count towards the race and how many you are allowed to do.

Same for Lorenz/Polizoakis and S/M (in theory); they have GP assignments, does this mean less challengers? Or is GP a bonus, 'cause you made it? It's german fed after all; all is possible :D

lizafan

I've heard rumours that Nicole Schott has replaced Ivett Toth at GP Russia. No confirmation yet, but if it's true it would be great!

Well, not for Ivett. :(
I loved her Eleanor Rigby program last year, and she secured an olympic spot for her country which was not given in the beginning.

Last edited:

SamuraiK

Well, not for Ivett. :(
I loved her Eleanor Rigby program last year, and she secured an olympic spot for her country which was not given in the beginning.

Her Eleanor Rigby program was amazing. Its really a shame she got seriously injured right on olympic season. I wonder if she doesn't recover on time will HUN give up the spot or send Medgyesy instead who is a lovely skater but not Olympic calibre at all.

chattila

Her Eleanor Rigby program was amazing. Its really a shame she got seriously injured right on olympic season. I wonder if she doesn't recover on time will HUN give up the spot or send Medgyesy instead who is a lovely skater but not Olympic calibre at all.

Wouldn't Medgyesy need to achieve the ISU minimum scores or are the ISU "minimums" not needed for the Olympics?

SamuraiK

Wouldn't Medgyesy need to achieve the ISU minimum scores or are the ISU "minimums" not needed for the Olympics?

The olympics minimuns are much lower than ISU Worlds Minimuns. I think they are on par with the Euros/4CC minimuns.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The olympics minimuns are much lower than ISU Worlds Minimuns. I think they are on par with the Euros/4CC minimuns.
They are -- 20/36 vs. 27/47 -- but Medgyesy has both Worlds minimums (30.67 and 48.79). Batori has the Euros/Olys minimums. (She's scheduled for the Poland JGP in October.)

lizafan

Paul Fentz made a first appearance at a regional competition in Dresden last weekend. I was really impressed, two strong programs, although I think he did not yet show everything. Some jumps were not yet optimal, but he had a good 3A in the SP (and a less good one in the FS). Total 192.31 pts.
Also in Dresden: Fabienne Hase and Nolan Seegert, but this was a rather devastating experience. There is no harmony in between them, and especially the FP is sort of empty. Definitely still a lot of work. Total 148.30 pts (generous, in my humble opinion).
Roscher/Schuster did a good job, on the other hand. I really love to watch them. Who is their coach in Chemnitz, by the way? I guess they're too young for JGP next season .. ?

Quadjump

Bruno did not pass the oral German exam for his citizanship twice now.

Alexander König seems to be concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information