German Skating News - Part 3

Sabine-Yuna

Love Marold. She's the next German upcoming star. She's young and beautiful. Judges don't know her yet, that's why low PCS. There's lots of room to get infront in the FP if she does her job.
She's at least capable of jumping all triples - also her skating is more pleasant to watch than Dastich. Give her time!
She has never done a 3F, so capable of all triples is hmmm. Although she seems to be a good jumper though. She has done a number of international competitions in novice and junior before, so I wouldn't blame the judges for her low PCS. If she will be able to become a good skater and learns how to go with the music she might have a chance to rise. But it will be a lot of work on the skating side. At her JGP she can watch quite a number of little 13 or 14y olds that have it.

Eislauffan

According to a user at the golden skate website aljona´s and bruno´s music choice have not been a secret since JUNE. Do not blame if I am wrong.

SP: Flamenco "Spanish Flame" by Maxim Rodriguez
FP: "La terre vue du ciel" by Armand Amar

The Free skate music is a dramatic piece of art. Just cannot imagine this to be not sensational.

Ah, finally someone found out. ;-)
The fact is that the music choice was published in Pirouette Magazine earlier in the summer (June issue), but Aljona and Bruno didn't really want it to be published yet at that time. I guess that is why people who knew (including me) kept quiet about it.
This free program is incredible.

nimi

The fact is that the music choice was published in Pirouette Magazine earlier in the summer (June issue), but Aljona and Bruno didn't really want it to be published yet at that time. I guess that is why people who knew (including me) kept quiet about it.
Oh, that explains it!

I was really wondering how is it possible that this piece of info published in German/y didn't make its way neither to this forum nor GS sooner, even though there are generally well-informed Germans and other German speakers around here/there... Mystery solved! :D

J

Jeschke

Thomalla/Kunkel finished 9/11 in the SP with 43,33pts at JGP BLR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjYfts70Gw4

SBS 2lutz falls :wall:
The tech score was still not bad, but they got the worst marks in pcs.
Overall their skating seemed not much improved for me, I don't see them making it through (her) puberty, but let's wait and see.

Sabine-Yuna

Oh yes :encore: one week to go until Nebelhorn :watch:

If you could tell how the olympic qualification modus is working for german fed, i'd be really thankful!
german fed is not very informative in that regard.
It's probably the sum of the 3 best scores out of 4 competitions (3 challenger and German nats) and you have to meet the minimum score German olympic committee has set, which I can't find either. It's obviously 150 for ladies. The rest we'll only know if someone will hit that score.

J

Jeschke

It's probably the sum of the 3 best scores out of 4 competitions (3 challenger and German nats) and you have to meet the minimum score German olympic committee has set, which I can't find either. It's obviously 150 for ladies. The rest we'll only know if someone will hit that score.

3 outta for seem harsh for skaters like Bock with injuries. If you can only do 2 challengers, they all have to score well.
Though it would be better have more internationals scores as a decider than 50/50 with the nationals.

But it's all speculation. Let's wait for Nebelhorn, where hopefully something is published. (One can only pray that the skaters at least know :D)

Sabine-Yuna

3 outta for seem harsh for skaters like Bock with injuries. If you can only do 2 challengers, they all have to score well.
Though it would be better have more internationals scores as a decider than 50/50 with the nationals.

But it's all speculation. Let's wait for Nebelhorn, where hopefully something is published. (One can only pray that the skaters at least know :D)
Every skater must get 3 challengers, which shouldn't be a problem. So Bock will probably pick the later challengers.

J

Jeschke

Every skater must get 3 challengers, which shouldn't be a problem. So Bock will probably pick the later challengers.
If you get injured late in the season and chose the later ones, then you'll have one.
That was my thought.

But as I said, all speculation.

Sabine-Yuna

If you get injured late in the season and chose the later ones, then you'll have one.
That was my thought.

But as I said, all speculation.
You shouldn't get sick anyway, because as far as I've heard you have to choose all challengers in advance and stick to that choice. So bad luck if you'll get sick at the chosen comp.

J

Jeschke

You shouldn't get sick anyway, because as far as I've heard you have to choose all challengers in advance and stick to that choice. So bad luck if you'll get sick at the chosen comp.
this is my last postm to that matter, as we don't have any confirmed infos.

if, what you said is true, bock already has a problem with having been asigned to Nebelhorn and pulled out. Leaves her with 2.

And now let's focus on K/N opening the #race4olympics today :encore:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Koch/Nüchtern set the first mark.
58,04pts in the SD (30,72pts/27,32), sitting in 4th place (1st of the non-qualified teams for the olympics)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKcxbWLNim0

I did not like it very much to be honest, but the judges seemed to be fine. Maybe I had higher hopes after last season.

But I am pleased, that we will get some intense #race4olympics :drama::watch:

Quadjump

Thomalla/Kunkel finished 9/11 in the SP with 43,33pts at JGP BLR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjYfts70Gw4

SBS 2lutz falls :wall:
The tech score was still not bad, but they got the worst marks in pcs.
Overall their skating seemed not much improved for me, I don't see them making it through (her) puberty, but let's wait and see.

The twist and the throw were quite nice although Robert is still not musceled. The 3LoTh is a new element.

It seems that they just need practice, practice and practice.

Quadjump

Koch/Nüchtern set the first mark.
58,04pts in the SD (30,72pts/27,32)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKcxbWLNim0

I did not like it very much to be honest, but the judges seemed to be fine. Maybe I had higher hopes after last season.

But I am pleased, that we will get some intense #race4olympics :drama::watch:
Liked it. Good speed over the ice.

She definitly needs another dress. This one is so....

J

Jeschke

Thomalla/Kunkel earned a total of 117,75pts at JGP BLR and will most likely end 11/12.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6lAzu9DgZQ
I liked they that they had lots of choreo details in the program, but it seeemed like it was too much for them mixing with the elements. Even the transitions looked kinda laboured sometimes. The costumes, her single jumps, a fall on a double throw, his helicopter arms and stiff knees. Lots to work for Österreich/Rex. I hope they will make it through.

Quadjump

Thomalla/Kunkel earned a total of 117,75pts at JGP BLR and will most likely end 11/12.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6lAzu9DgZQ
I liked they that they had lots of choreo details in the program, but it seeemed like it was too much for them mixing with the elements. Even the transitions looked kinda laboured sometimes. The costumes, her single jumps, a fall on a double throw, his helicopter arms and stiff knees. Lots to work for Österreich/Rex. I hope they will make it through.

Did I already mentioned it?

Practice, practice and more of practice.

Take them into the ice rink and throw the key away. The basics are there.

Sabine-Yuna

There seems to be a problem in Germany teaching kids skating skills. They go mainly for jumps and in pairs for the pair elements. Coaches probably think skating it's not that important and everything comes by itself when they grow up. But that doesn't work out. It might be a little late if you start working in that field when they are in juniors. If you watch the JGPs it's pretty obvious that other nations have a different point of view at this topic.

J

Jeschke

Ah, Koch/Nüchtern missed the big chance to make a statement in Bratislava.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USt3WLbscqU

They finished 7th with 136,98pts
Their steps got only level 1 and 2, which did cost lots of points. Additionally the final curve lift went totally wrong and got no points at all. They failed to get back in the programs afterwards :(

But: I love the program. The pair has grown so much. 'Lo ci saro' works wonderful for them, there are some nice choreo moments in it. Having seen them 2yrs ago at their comeback I would have never thought, they could become that good.
I totally can't get the review of the guy of the monitoring, as the program is really great! It needs polish and level fixing!
I think they can be a real threat now to teh other 2 teams. It doesn't help of cause that they ****ed up the 1st chance :wall:

J

Jeschke

Liebers finished 7th at Autumn Classic with 207,89pts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gk78O1OX4I

There are some nice movements in his choreo, I just don't think he is the one to make them look great, sorry. Jumps were either hit or miss. Hm, not too convinced I am.
We have no updates on requirements, but I fear that 207pts might be not enough to meet the standards for olympics.

J

Jeschke

Side note:
So both german single skaters, men and lady, will skate a schindler's list program at olympics ;)

Sabine-Yuna

Liebers finished 7th at Autumn Classic with 207,89pts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gk78O1OX4I

There are some nice movements in his choreo, I just don't think he is the one to make them look great, sorry. Jumps were either hit or miss. Hm, not too convinced I am.
We have no updates on requirements, but I fear that 207pts might be not enough to meet the standards for olympics.
News agency says men have to do 208pts to make it to Pyeongchang

Sabine-Yuna

ouch, missed by .11pts.

You have a link to that report?
Not a link, but here is the german text.

Montreal (dpa) - Eiskunstläufer Peter Liebers hat zum Saisonauftakt beim «Autumn Classic» in Kanada die Olympia-Norm für 2018 knapp verpasst. Der Berliner kam im Montrealer Vorort Pierrefonds am Samstag als Siebter auf 207,89 Punkte und blieb damit haarscharf unter der Vorgabe des Deutschen Olympischen Sportbundes (DOSB) von 208 Zählern. Liebersriskierte keinen vierfachen Sprung, zwei geplante Dreifache bot er nur doppelt, blieb aber in beiden Programmen immerhin ohne Sturz.

J

Jeschke

Criteria were published by DOSB: http://www.dosb.de/fileadmin/Bilder...inierungskriterien_PyeongChang_2018_final.pdf

Figure Skating criteria pp. 26–29

Perhaps someone actually understands what's published there. I don't. Probably Monday morning syndrome ;)

This criteria was published a while ago and did not help us unfortunately, as neither the correct standards were mentioned/updated nor explained how the qualification race is working.

All we know of other articles.
Ladies standard 150pts
Men standard 208pts

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information