Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

Rafter

I love that they've gone totally ballroom in their costuming for the SD.

The blue dress from yesterday wouldn't suit this SD at all imo. I thought people were getting carried away yesterday assuming it was SD dress. I can see where the designer was going with the dress and it works better for the FD.

The blue dress from yesterday looks very tango-y to me and really shows off her posture and body movements exceptionally well. I hope they keep it simple for the FD this year.

To be nitpicky, Scott's hair today did not look good.

chapis

The blue dress from yesterday wouldn't suit this SD at all imo. I thought people were getting carried away yesterday assuming it was SD dress. I can see where the designer was going with the dress and it works better for the FD.

yes, maybe it would not suit it. I just don´t like animal print :(, that is the reason because I hated Kaitlyn´s dress in 2011-12.

sap5

I think that's their point.

I don't think it is. You can do new styles and new movements and try different things and still be yourself. That's exactly what they did with Prince. But it's not like I know who they are, so who am I to say if they look like themselves or not? ;)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
The blue dress from yesterday is exactly the same cut and design, just a different color.

Well colour has a huge impact visually and emotionally so it's not a minor difference, it's very important. Also it's not the exact same cut, no bare side on SD dress. But they are similar cuts.

Vera Costa

I like these outfits better than the ones they had on for Hip hip Chin chin. These have more character. Or maybe I just like the colour black (with a bit of gold) better?

I liked what I saw of the program. The only thing that's worrying me is the lift. It looked a little out of place.

arakwafan2006

Lawwwwwwwd I am out of breath. Like I’m at work ... holding in my excitement , lips all dry because of my nervous energy and being enthralled and amazed. I mean, they can make dancing on ice look like the floor and Tessa ‘s costuming... dark, seductive and ravishing. They ain’t playin games with NOBODY. this is creativity beyond words. Some might argue the random percussion over the music. It’s a concept I get and understand. They are better than anyone at making you think and at challenging what you thought you knew. WHEW!!!! That sd. I cannot even take it.

sap5

Lawwwwwwwd I am out of breath. Like I’m at work ... holding in my excitement , lips all dry because of my nervous energy and being enthralled and amazed. I mean, they can make dancing on ice look like the floor and Tessa ‘s costuming... dark, seductive and ravishing. They ain’t playin games with NOBODY. this is creativity beyond words. Some might argue the random percussion over the music. It’s a concept I get and understand. They are better than anyone at making you think and at challenging what you thought you knew. WHEW!!!! That sd. I cannot even take it.

But there was no random percussion over the music? They used all the original pieces of music.

princeton123

Well colour has a huge impact visually and emotionally so it's not a minor difference, it's very important. Also it's not the exact same cut, no bare side on SD dress. But they are similar cuts.

No, I mean yesterday's blue was obviously a practice SD dress because of the similar cut. I doubt she would have such similar dresses for the FD and SD.

jlmart

I really didn't care for the costumes but I have been following them since they were kids and I don't remember them ever finishing a season with the same costumes they wore at the start.

a12553

Fantastic StSq! Fantastic energy. Amazing skating and especially in latina it's obvious how much dancers they are!

arakwafan2006

But there was no random percussion over the music? They used all the original pieces of music.

If you hear Congo drums when you listen to Hotel California , you either need to go get your head checked or get a new iPod...

Shayii

No, I mean yesterday's blue was obviously a practice SD dress because of the similar cut. I doubt she would have such similar dresses for the FD and SD.
lol I must be missing something! I was confused yesterday when people insisted the blue dress was actually for the SD and I'm still confused. To me it's obviously a practice FD dress. I'm expecting something like that for the FD, but more embellishments.

chantilly

I liked the SD. I agree the costumes aren't the best.
I'm Ok with Tessa's. They seem a little over the top.
The silhouette is fantastic on Tessa.
But their dancing is fantastic.

chantilly

I do see what Sap5 is saying about the theatrics of the programme, but it still is early yet.
They'll probably refine it as it goes.
I do think they can dance anything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information