IceNetwork coverage

sammary

I have two HDMI ports on my vizio TV - HDMI and HDMI 2. I use the HDMI 2 port to hook up my laptop which has an HDMI port on the side of it. It works pretty well that way.

If you use a VGA cable, you'll have to also use a an audio in/out jack that you plug into the headphone socket/port of your laptop to the audio-in port of your TV.

I found instructions with other ways to hook up your laptop to your TV at a website called Tech Advisor that might help.

How to connect a laptop to TV with or without wires

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you so much!!

clairecloutier

So I'm having a weird problem with IceNetwork. I'm a subscriber to it.

When I click on a video, it doesn't play. Instead the screen rapidly flashes between an image of a skater and a dialog box that says something like, "If you are not an IceNetwork subscriber, subscribe. If you are an IceNetwork subscriber, log out and then log in again."

I've tried logging out and logging in again on 2 different browsers (Chrome/Edge), but it's not working, I just get the same thing again.

Anyone else having this problem?? I have an email into Customer Service about it.

They had trouble processing my subscription renewal this year, and I just wonder if this is related somehow ... In any case, it's super-frustrating. :(

Chris_E

So I'm having a weird problem with IceNetwork. I'm a subscriber to it.

When I click on a video, it doesn't play. Instead the screen rapidly flashes between an image of a skater and a dialog box that says something like, "If you are not an IceNetwork subscriber, subscribe. If you are an IceNetwork subscriber, log out and then log in again."

I've tried logging out and logging in again on 2 different browsers (Chrome/Edge), but it's not working, I just get the same thing again.

Anyone else having this problem?? I have an email into Customer Service about it.

They had trouble processing my subscription renewal this year, and I just wonder if this is related somehow ... In any case, it's super-frustrating. :(

I believe you need to allow the Adobe Flash plugin to run in order to play the icenetwork video. They tweeted this info the other day http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq8pqr

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Thanks @Chris_E. I will look into this. Although I don't know if it explains the issues I was having in Microsoft Edge, but I'll try this.
I'd avoid Edge as it's the "newest" browser. In testing today, IE works as does Chrome with Flash enabled per the IceNetwork tweet.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I don't use Edge either. I have troubles with a lot of videos with edge. I go straight to Chrome.

JOHIO2

I think Edge does not use Flash at all, so it would be impossible for Icenetwork to work.
Don't you just love the fact that Windows is always popping up with the suggestion that Edge is better? Then, whenever you get miffed at Chrome and actually USE Edge, it totally sucks! Whether I'm using Chrome, Firefox or even Explorer, Windows keeps pushing Edge. And frankly, it is inferior to all of those.

Aceon6

Cross posting from the US Nationals Juvenile Dance thread. IN is down and has admitted that it's their problem. No ETA for resolution.

Sylvia

TBD
IN starting working for me during Juvenile Pattern Dance #2 (it was that login/logout issue).

LeafOnTheWind

It still isn't working for some people even with clearing cache, resetting/restarting everything. So expect to still have issues.

LeafOnTheWind

So I realize people are trying to be helpful but it just makes it more frustrating. Icenetwork is not fixed. I have 1 laptop with all the browsers and none work. Those are my only options and they don't work.

So for those who are still trying, it's not you. It's them.

Jun Y

The problem with Ice Network today was totally their Website. Not only was the streaming down, but old competition videos could not be played either.

Ironically, because Flash Player had caused so many problems ALL THE TIME, I too thought it was a flash player issue on my end and re-installed it twice on my laptop and desktop, until I finally figured out this time it's not the Flash. I tried to call their helpdesk but no one was working.

Does USFSA get any money from television rights? At least more money from the broadcasting rights for Oly year Nationals? They are giving us skating coverage with stone age technology, while people outside of US can watch live streaming of Russian and Japanese nationals.

Last edited:

Aceon6

After all the IN disasters earlier this week, I decided to fire up my laptop and make sure everything was working before ladiezzz start. No problems whatsoever. My Flash enabled Chrome is working! My HDMI connection to the TV is working!
(Of course, if I tried this at 9:30 tonight, nothing would work. I'm just going to leave it set up.)

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Is anyone else getting this message: "You can not play this media on the current browser / platform." I get the same message with my iPad.

You probably need to make sure flash is enabled in your browser. I had that problem in both chrome and firefox.

Moto Guzzi

^ That was the problem. I called the service desk and a very helpful man walked me through the steps. I had to restart my computer and now it's working. (Note to self: Need to figure out how to set up faster router Fios sent.)

Aceon6

Has anyone else noticed that Tanith promotes IceNetwork at the end of every recent replay on NBCSN. She says something to the effect of "if you missed anything, you can watch the full event on IceNetwork.com."

I wonder if this is signaling some sort of agreement between USFS, IN, and NBC? If so, while I'll welcome non-Flash streaming support, I will be really pissed if this means commentary and commercials.

maureenfarone

Has anyone else noticed that Tanith promotes IceNetwork at the end of every recent replay on NBCSN. She says something to the effect of "if you missed anything, you can watch the full event on IceNetwork.com."

I wonder if this is signaling some sort of agreement between USFS, IN, and NBC? If so, while I'll welcome non-Flash streaming support, I will be really pissed if this means commentary and commercials.
When I looked through the info to watch any of the NBC streaming sources I noticed that they also require flash and updated browsers. It is the same kind of info that Icenetwork put out at the start of the season which seems to help avoiding problems when streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information