Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

RoseRed

The filming of the commercial appears to have been in mid-July?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWdTexeg06y/?taken-by=acurawest
Though some of the photos are dated in August, like this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXjM21aAEdU/?taken-by=acurawest

Test drive by Tessa & Scott dated in July: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWiRoAHghK4/?taken-by=acurawest

Maybe this was another commercial that was filmed in June? https://www.instagram.com/p/BVf7duGFb96/?taken-by=acurawest

The staff party was back in May: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUmvesAyeR/?taken-by=acurawest

Actually, they filmed the commercial at the beginning of May. Tessa posted about it on her Instagram story then, and she also posted this on May 8th: https://www.instagram.com/p/BT15CMwlpRO/?taken-by=tessavirtue17

They all just kept posting picture of it later. Tessa posted another shot from it in June to celebrate Formula 1 in Montreal: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVIyZxQFk-h/?taken-by=tessavirtue17

So maybe Scott cut his hair right after they filmed, since the instagram from the staff party was May 20th. Though his hair is long in a dance video Tessa posted on May 25th, and in the fluff from the Olympic Lab in Calgary at the beginning of June, and at the racing event in Montreal in mid June.

kittysk8ts

Scott' hair was still long (ish) a few weeks ago. Here is a super great tumblr site on V/M and there are some recent videos of their off ice training and you can see Scott's hair is still long :) However, they have just posted a new clip "Winter Is Coming" and it looks like he may have gotten a hair cut? LOL. The mystery continues......

http://mysticseasons.tumblr.com/

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
<<<<<<<<
Those couple of pictures are from 2014. We even saw the event on their reality show. Anyway Scott did cut his hair and winter is coming ;) https://instagram.com/p/BYJN6rJl9cK/

Shayii is right I believe. Which also makes sense as they were filming that show during the GP season, ie..fall, which makes the clothing choices and poppies make sense. And apparently the most important thing being Scott's hair was short that season ;)

VGThuy

Yeah looking at that first Twitter pic again, I realized they don't look like what they look like now so it has to be an older one. Weird that Acura West is reposting them now. Anyway, nice to see Scott with shortER hair if not short hair in that Winter is Coming clip. ;)

Shayii

I can't tell if you're joking, but it's a play on words "Winter is Coming" meaning the Winter Olympics are coming. Also a reference to Game of Thrones. They already said they weren't doing a trilogy though anything is possible I guess. We should have more info next week from HPC.

martyross

i don't recall false rumors concerning their music in the past (rumor of Carmen was true for example) but i may be wrong. in any event, its worth thinking of Moulin Rouge as a possibility. i personally find rhumba + MR a nice combo. very warm, human, approachable,with a touch of sophistication which is their trademark. it would be the first time they go for the love&death theme (Carmen had other themes, with death being in the background), in this sense it would be something interesting to see. the movie has cliches with an operatic finale, anyway the atmosphere of Belle Epoque is well captured and this makes the story at least bearable. the movie's forte is certainly the mixture of old and contemporary and that could be an other fascinating element of the program. Tessa and Scott have portraied movie's characters before and in such a perfect way, they can be true actors on ice, and i believe they would have no problem in making it 'grand and spectacular'. besides, with the maturity and depth of expression they have reached with Latch, a performance set to MR has the potential to be more emotional (and perhaps more authentic) than the movie itself.
all this considered, i would give it my approval : D
it will be hard, but whatever their choice is, i hope we fans will be able to enjoy it without being anxious or even obsessed about "which team got the better material". having the so-called better program or cool music choice doesnt automatically mean an Olympic victory. god knows on what basis the judges male their decisions sometimes, but i doubt its about the music.
although yeah, its hard to avoid doing that kind of comparison expecially as soon as the new programs are unveiled and given the fact they share the top coaches of the moment.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Sort of off topic but I've seen people in other threads express a desire for a dance team to skate to Game of Thrones music but I have a hard time imagining what one could do with that music. I say that as a fan of the TV series. I think the music works wonderfully for the show but I think it's not the right time to take that music and try to do anything with it but a Game of Thrones story line and well I don't know too many stories or relationships on that show that an ice dance team should portray. I mean Jon had sex in a hot spring with Ygritte and then she died, boring four minutes imo. Now if Usova and Zhulin were still skating he could be the dragon and she could ride on his back and we might have a winner there (and resurrect Esta) but outside of that I think it's very much a 90's type program idea.

I secretly hope the rumours are true.

forthewin

Is Game of Thrones really on the table or just wordplay for fun? I'm intrigued. Can't wait for HPC.

IoanaC

Now if Usova and Zhulin were still skating he could be the dragon and she could ride on his back and we might have a winner there (and resurrect Esta) but outside of that I think it's very much a 90's type program idea.

:rofl:

kittysk8ts

I´d go for wordplay. The phrase is being used by various entities to talk about the winter olympics likely borrowing on the popularity of GOT.
Exactly. The USA is using "Winter is Coming" to promote their entire Olympic team. Regarding the music/program choices, I have learned to trust them because they can perform to anything at all and be amazing. This is not to say I am not anxious, lol. Just not worried.

dramagrrl

Now if Usova and Zhulin were still skating he could be the dragon and she could ride on his back and we might have a winner there (and resurrect Esta) but outside of that I think it's very much a 90's type program idea.

:biggrinbo :lol: :lol: :lol: :biggrinbo

martyross

that's so cool,thank you for your reporting alilou! its just so exciting that they've given this freedom, and for their Olympic programs, no less! so when Tessa asked for suggestions maybe it was a real question after all? did anyone say Moulin Rouge by chance? : D i'm also pleased that they were free to express their vision too,its an important detail because Marie France Dubreil seem to have a specific and personal vision when creating programs. Tessa especially has a creative,lively mind and an exquisite taste so no doubt they can come up with great ideas of their own.

kittysk8ts

She said that Madison Hubbell said to her - and I'm paraphrasing here - that all three teams at Gadbois (ie V&M P&C and H&D) went to M-F with their own choices for music/FD vision and M-F facilitated what they'd chosen.

THANK YOU so much for this @alilou! Very important information because there will be fan wars over who received "better" material......

I would also add these words from Fedor Klimov in a recent article (FS Gossips) regarding their time with M-F:

"While we were on the ice, Guillaume and Gabriella were at the show in Japan, and with Tessa and Scott we were there almost at the same time, but Marie-France worked very responsibly with us and with them. All week long she was focused on us."

@pani I know you are worried and I hope these comments make you feel better :)

supergirl573

I can't tell if you're joking, but it's a play on words "Winter is Coming" meaning the Winter Olympics are coming. Also a reference to Game of Thrones. They already said they weren't doing a trilogy though anything is possible I guess. We should have more info next week from HPC.
It is a joke!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I can see V&M doing Moulin Rouge with the same (or better :)) sweeping power and in-your-face storytelling and defying the audience to turn away the way D&W did with Sheherazade. It's a big dramatic epic story that V&M can skate the sh!t out of. No matter the technical proficiency of either team, Sheherazade grabbed the audience (and the judges) in a way that Seasons never could. I'm confident V&M can do that with MR.

ETA to say that MR would not have been my first choice, and I must say I'm a little disappointed, but I think there's a silver lining here. It's such a powerful heart-breaking story, and V&M are such great story tellers that if this is their music I think we'll see something great.

Last edited:

double runner

HPC!!! I can't wait to see the new programs but I can't help but feel for the skaters. From HPC onwards, these skaters are going to be studied under a microscope. The joys of an Olympic season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information