Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

oleada

Spray it down with alcohol and repress. My Becca Opal shattered and I was able to repress it.....until I broke it again. :shuffle:

They aren't good to travel with that's for sure!

It spilled all over the bathroom floor :(

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Baby Habs threw a brand new tube of mascara into the toilet this morning and then flushed... :wuzrobbed

It wasn't expensive mascara. And everything seemed to be okay plumbing-wise. But.... :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

skategal

Bunny mama
Baby Habs threw a brand new tube of mascara into the toilet this morning and then flushed... :wuzrobbed

It wasn't expensive mascara. And everything seemed to be okay plumbing-wise. But.... :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

Oh no! Too many makeup mishaps around here this week! :(

Jenny

From the Bloc
Sephora is annoying me right now. I don't like to order without cashing in on every freebie possible, but the rewards have been uninspiring, the beauty deals same old same old, and even the free samples always seem to be perfume only - I want skincare!! Plus, they do not carry my current makeup obsession, Charlotte Tilbury.

However, wanted to mention to @Habs that they now have IT Cosmetics, which you mentioned an interest in trying in the BB thread. (fyi for others, the shopping channel favourite was founded by a contestant from the first season of Big Brother US, who is now an exceedingly wealthy woman - pocketed several hundred million after selling the company to L'Oreal - and likely the most successful of any reality contestant who wasn't already famous, ever.)

Habs

A bitch from Canada
However, wanted to mention to @Habs that they now have IT Cosmetics, which you mentioned an interest in trying in the BB thread. (fyi for others, the shopping channel favourite was founded by a contestant from the first season of Big Brother US, who is now an exceedingly wealthy woman - pocketed several hundred million after selling the company to L'Oreal - and likely the most successful of any reality contestant who wasn't already famous, ever.)

Great! Thanks!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I stopped in to Sephora today to get a new Clinique brow pencil. The 100 point offer was Urban Decay Vice liquid lipstick in amulet. UH-MAZ-ING!!! It's the first liquid I've tried that goes on smooth, but has zero sticky feel after it sets. I'm going to put a few more colors on my holiday list.

skatesindreams

skategal

Bunny mama
Sephora is annoying me right now. I don't like to order without cashing in on every freebie possible, but the rewards have been uninspiring, the beauty deals same old same old, and even the free samples always seem to be perfume only - I want skincare!! Plus, they do not carry my current makeup obsession, Charlotte Tilbury.

I noticed that too. What gives Sephora? :confused:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
In my last two online orders from Sephora, I requested three different skin care samples and got three perfume samples. I have two lipsticks coming, and I requested two skin care samples and one shampoo sample, so I will let you know what shows up.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I just finally ordered that Bite Beauty Liquified Lipstick in Purée (took weeks to restock this color) but the promo code I wanted was out of stock. So I skipped the samples and other promos, and am hanging on to my points until something good comes along.

kimkom

That was so interesting! I don't even use some of those products (contour and bronzer), but the rest was really helpful. I'm doing the foundation/blending, eyebrows, blush and mascara properly, but I still don't feel confident with shadow and liner, although I keep trying and I'm getting better.

And so many brushes! I get the reasoning, and I even agree, but holy cow, all of those brushes would cost a week's wages! :scream:

Last edited:

skategal

Bunny mama
What a great video. She has the same pet peeve about eyebrows as I do! lol!

I struggle with finding a primer I really love.

I've tried the Porefessional, NYX, Hourglass Mineral Veil, Revlon Colourstay (hated this one) and Hard Candy 12 hour (what I use now).

I prefer ones that make your makeup last longer and don't like the Smashbox ones. They break me out.

Anyone have any suggestions?

quartz

scratching at the light
She seemed kinda judgey. *I don't like this, therefore you shouldn't either. :rolleyes:
I don't use bronzer, highlight, nor do I contour, so I guess my cheekbones are wrong - sorry, that's where they are and I'm not going to use 5 different products and 3 different brushes just to try to give the illusion of where fashion thinks they should be. :shuffle:

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Lol @IceAlisa! Yeah, I just think it's rather silly to be all :drama: over how other women wing their eyeliner. Or not! :D
Not any sillier than being all :drama: about what edge a skater takes off in a lutz. We are all detail oriented here, aren't we. :)

Seriously, make up can make or break you, just like this woman illustrated. That she was snarky about it is just an added bonus. +3

skategal

Bunny mama
Are you in Canada, @skategal? Or do I have you confused with someone else? If you are, I actually really like the joe fresh primer.

Yes I'm in Canada.

I'll look for that one for sure.

@IceAlisa I will definitely look for the Lancôme primer. I am liking Lancôme more and more since Lisa Eldridge became involved with them.

Thanks!

:)

As for my nails, mine are painted Vivid Violet from the Sally Hansen Crayola collection. DS bought it for me at Walmart.

Definitely a vulgar colour but so much fun! :rofl:

I also have a red and pink one and want to go back and get the white one.... :saint:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Okay, so I watched the video and my main mistakes are not using primer and applying my mascara wrong. I don't use contour, so I didn't have to worry about that. I tried her eyeshadow technique, but I have tiny beady little eyes, so it didn't quite have the same effect. But it still looked kind of cool. I will get some primer tomorrow. I also didn't notice that applying the mascara her way added anything. I will keep trying; maybe I just need to practice.

I got my Sephora order, and while I didn't get the specific samples I requested, at least I got three skin care samples.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
First time lightening teen's hair, an early 16th bday gift (a friend is gonna come over in a few days and do pink, blue, and purple). Um. . . it's a bit mottled looking :yikes: I think I didn't get the powder/developer ratio quite right, so it wasn't quite liquidy enough. So some places didn't get really saturated. dd is shampooing right now and we'll do round 2 tomorrow.

Of course neither of us is much of a glamour puss, but this is what dd wanted for the 16th bday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information