Papadakis CIzeron #4 - Happiness Does Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
VM didn't choose Latch, it was Marie, she choose Sorry for them. They didn't want Prince, but it was coaches choice.
She is smart woman. She play last season like VM got better SD and PC FD. And this season she will play like she need - for PC gold at OG and for VM chance to get medal at team events. Sad, but look like SC like this and support this idea.

Some people have war in their countries, and the animals are all going extinct somewhere, one time a streaker came out onto the ice before Michelle Kwan gave a clutch performance, and she still hit the program and received the final 6.0's in World Championship history. :glamor: plenty of puppies go without food and shelter on a daily basis.

Virtue and Moir could handle all of those things because they're one of the best teams ever and they will be fine. You need to go. #byefelicia

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Well at least this dormant thread has been awaken, that's for sure :rofl: I'm very curious to see the collaboration between Dean and P/C. He has been a tiny been critical of them skating in a similar style so has he accepted with an agenda in mind ? I love Dean/Torvill rumba, they had such crisp yet smooth edges and he was a strong male lead as well. Perfect to bring out something new in P/C's skating.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

I'd rather have them skate to whale sounds, but as long as they don't pick Josh Groban...
:D Nothing beats whales sounds but it's not as sexy for a gala and I did enjoy their Boston Ex on can't feel my face.
BTW, I hope you're not comparing Jamie Cullum to Josh Groban and to prove how good a Jamie Cullum Exhibition can be, I'll let you enjoy this ;)

Last edited:

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Ok so I now understand a criptic message from a french ballet dancer who said he was sad he couldn't do more ice dancing choreography.
I still wish they'd go for my top pick of last season, Crystal Pite. But still, it's ballet ;)

cocotaffy

Ok so I now understand a criptic message from a french ballet dancer who said he was sad he couldn't do more ice dancing choreography.
I still wish they'd go for my top pick of last season, Crystal Pite. But still, it's ballet ;)
Can you tell us which French ballet dancer you're talking about ? Just curious.
I don't know how to take this news, does it mean their FD is gonna be inspired by an existing ballet trying to close the loop with their Mozart which started it all for them ? Are they just exploring more balletic movements yet applying it to modern music ? It's getting exciting and with the Junior competitions starting, the season is upon us. We still don't know if they'll do a B competition though.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Can you tell us which French ballet dancer you're talking about ? Just curious.
I don't know how to take this news, does it mean their FD is gonna be inspired by an existing ballet trying to close the loop with their Mozart which started it all for them ? Are they just exploring more balletic movements yet applying it to modern music ? It's getting exciting and with the Junior competitions starting, the season is upon us. We still don't know if they'll do a B competition though.
Samuel Munez. He's a POPB dancer although not a very high ranked one. Still, he has done for "3ème étage" some pretty modern ballet choreography on warhorses. I loved his choreography for Swan Lake.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Everyone is going to be so let down now if their music isn't really Moonlight Sonata. :lol: this is why I hate rumors, sometimes they're just really really good ideas that seem perfect, but then you're thrown a curve ball and it turns out to be an Olympic polka FD. :confused: I hope it's something classical nonetheless and full of ballet!

RoseRed

To use for OG music like Moulin Rouge against Moonlight Sonata didn't show prioritizing P/C over V/M?
VM spended time on ice with junior teams, spanish team and 10 others, when PC have there own space. PC used Dean for SD, when VM use Sam, who isn't latin dancer at all.

They all get equal ice time and time with coaches, etc. Don't know where you got this from. Madison and Zach have talked about how they sometimes share the ice with each of V/M and P/C, the Danes have said the same thing. That's one of the great things about this coaching school; there's no possibility of it seeming like one team gets more time/attention than another, because there is a super detailed schedule that all the teams see.

VM didn't choose Latch, it was Marie, she choose Sorry for them. They didn't want Prince, but it was coaches choice.
She is smart woman. She play last season like VM got better SD and PC FD. And this season she will play like she need - for PC gold at OG and for VM chance to get medal at team events. Sad, but look like SC like this and support this idea.

They said they really wanted to do Prince? Honestly this is so random.

Back on topic, working with Dean is a good idea for them. I'm sure he'll help them to make this latin SD their own. And it's always nice to see skaters/teams wok with new choreographers.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
It's a wonderful feeling when all of my favorite skaters love/respect each other. :swoon: they can see the light, I really know how to pick 'em.

I think it's also partly because Aljona wants an NBC Olympic fluff of her own (and I don't blame her one bit).

They're working with a ballet instructor (which is not Latin) and the V/M Moulin Rouge rumor is correct, so.. :shuffle: my hopes are officially up about a potential Moonlight Sonata FD. :swoon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information