Big Brother 19 (US)

smurfy

They're all delusional, as per so many players past. I've always wanted the reunion show to be a week or two after it ends, when they've all gone through the tough interviews, heard the stark feedback from family and friends, and spent some time on social media.

That would be the ultimate payoff for fans - to see the delusionals knocked into reality, and the underdogs find out that despite the crappy time they had in the house, there were legions of people rooting for them out here.

Could it be a 2 or 3 hour show? And have clips of them being debriefed by their family.

Delusion - there always seems to be a correlation between those that think they are America's Fav and how disliked they are. LOL Have there been so many people that think they are America's Fav before in one season- Josh, Raven, Paul, and possibly Christmas and Alex too?
I think the candidates for Amer Fav are: Jess, Cody, Kevin and Paul
I have never voted before, but will this year. I really want Cody - just to see Paul and the sheep's faces. Also Cody deserves extra money for the crap they dished at him. He is a flawed person, but he did not deserve it.

I want to give kudos to 'production' - as much as I wish they would intervene, I strongly suspect that in the DR -Cody was given some support, and glad they did. I hope they do the same for Mark now.
If I were in Cody's shoes, I would have self evicted. I hope Mark does not

Sally1214 - Julie may have asked about whether he would propose since Jess had sarcastically said she was going to propose at the finale on Instagram. Julie has been clear about rooting for Jody. I think she was giving him a question that the audience would eat up, the way to get the 'aaah' at his first eviction.

Paul is the only one playing, besides Mark - to a lesser degree. The others are just following orders. And we still have a month. Ugghhh!! Can't wait for Survivor.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The person who's posted some accurate spoilers on Reddit this season posted that the HOH comp is going to be a quiz/question one. Ugh, ugh. I was hoping for a physical one that Mark could beast through. We haven't had a truly physical one since the wall. Paul excels at the quiz ones. :mad:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I think the candidates for Amer Fav are: Jess, Cody, Kevin and Paul
I have never voted before, but will this year. I really want Cody - just to see Paul and the sheep's faces. Also Cody deserves extra money for the crap they dished at him. He is a flawed person, but he did not deserve it.

Paul is not liked at all. Kevin's going way down in the ratings also. It's probably between Cody, Jessica, and Mark depending on what he does with the rest of his game. But America really doesn't seem to care for the rest of the people in the house.

I'm sure Jessica will push for everyone to vote for Cody (rather than splitting the votes between both of them) and I cannot wait to see the reactions.

Actually, it would be amazing if Julie announced the top three and it ended up being Cody, Jessica, and Mark.

TanithandBenFan

A spoiler was posted on Reddit by someone who's been accurate on all other spoilers this season:

New HOH is Christmas. She will be absolutely insufferable.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
if that's true,
that gives me the littlest bit of hope because she was very adamant during Josh's reign as HOH that it was his and not Paul's. And they did a lot of talking away from the rest of the group about it too. But again, I'm not holding my breath with any of them.

smurfy

Actually, it would be amazing if Julie announced the top three and it ended up being Cody, Jessica, and Mark.

That would be awesome.
I love the ratings at Jokers. But I wonder what percentage of the public that votes for America fav that does not go online. Jokers ratings votes r by more informed viewers.

Watched last nights episode. When all the bullying goes on, Christmas really enjoys it, way too much. At least Kevin is looking down.

mysticchic

All these none physical ones are to help xmas and others win. Matt and Raven are useless when it comes to comps and so is Josh. I think Kevin is laying low. Xmas can't play physical ones and since Paul has a F2 with everyone, he doesn't really have to win. Thought for sure Alex would have won last night. maybe a deal was made.
You can always tell who Paul is paranoid with because those are the players he goes after.
I hope Cody wins AF.
The other day Raven announced that she will make more money off the Gofundme accounts then the 500k. There is a ton of hate for her and her Mom. I did find a post from her mom saying all her kids had rare diseases and they all need medical procedures to survive. Then there was the post from her mom saying thank God for Obama care. Her daughter got the procedure and pacemaker paid for. Sounds like her hometown and everyone is getting hip to the scams. Even the GFM was taken down for a while for fraud. They have been refunding money to people who ask for it back.

Sally1214

What am I missing? Why would Cody be AFP? He wears a permanent scowl, is always ANGRY, hates everyone, is always ready for a fight. The guy has serious anger management issues and I would want anyone I cared about to be as far removed from him as possible. I'd be afraid that, if Jessica were dumb enoigh to get involved with him outside the house, she would become his punching bag in no time flat. NOT my favorite kind of person for sure

TanithandBenFan

What am I missing? Why would Cody be AFP? He wears a permanent scowl, is always ANGRY, hates everyone, is always ready for a fight. The guy has serious anger management issues and I would want anyone I cared about to be as far removed from him as possible. I'd be afraid that, if Jessica were dumb enoigh to get involved with him outside the house, she would become his punching bag in no time flat. NOT my favorite kind of person for sure

If he had anger management issues he would've unloaded on Josh a long time ago. He actually showed incredible anger management in the face of being yelled at by a roomful of people. I wish they'd shown that scene on the CBS show so people could see just how ugly the HGs were behaving (questioning whether Cody really had a daughter to his face) and how Cody remained calm and refused to entertain them. He's made some comments I definitely don't agree with and he doesn't have the best social skills, but I haven't witnessed any behavior that would suggest he'd be abusive to women.

I'm voting for him for AFP because it would tick off Paul and all his minions to the highest degree.

Sally1214

If he had anger management issues he would've unloaded on Josh a long time ago. He actually showed incredible anger management in the face of being yelled at by a roomful of people. I wish they'd shown that scene on the CBS show so people could see just how ugly the HGs were behaving (questioning whether Cody really had a daughter to his face) and how Cody remained calm and refused to entertain them. He's made some comments I definitely don't agree with and he doesn't have the best social skills, but I haven't witnessed any behavior that would suggest he'd be abusive to women.

I'm voting for him for AFP because it would tick off Paul and all his minions to the highest degree.

Ah...so you are not voting so much FOR someone (Cody) as AGAINST someone (Paul). Well, I guess that's what happens in a lot of elections. At least, that reverse logic I can understand. As for Cody..by his own admission, he can't get along with his family and is "all alone." Usually, if a group of people can manage to get along with each other but nobody can get along with YOU, the problem is YOU.

TanithandBenFan

I didn't mind Cody so much after watching him more on the feeds. He can be kinda funny at times, and when he spoke about his daughter it was obvious how much pride he had. I thought he handled himself very well with Julie both times, too.

Back to the current action, Jason won the veto which is great for him because he was Paul's new target before Mark. If Paul takes out Jason next week and Alex still doesn't crawl out from his butt, it will emphasize what a terrible person she is since Jason is supposed to be her ride or die.

mysticchic

I think one of the things about Cody was he was screwed. Being HOH that 1st week with Meghan self evicting, and having to nom 5 people (Paul having the 1st temp) was pretty crappy.
I watch BBAD last night and who ever was doing the ticker was pretty funny. One of them said Raven just announced to the house guest she has arthritis.
Paul was bitching about the games he has played in before and said out loud "they have been changing games to help me win".
Sally, I agree, I think they will vote for Cody just because the producers have tried so hard to make it all about Paul.

mysticchic

So do you think Mark will be evicted tonight? Or do you think Matt will. Alex and Jason and even xmas are starting to figure Paul out. Mark was planting a seed with them all.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
If they had any sense they'd get rid of Matt. I think they are all afraid of Mark winning HOH and not knowing who he would go after.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Just read Hamsterwatch and they seem to think it's a done deal that Mark is going. Also pointed out that while Paul is getting rid of potential dissenters, there will now be three of them in the jury house with nothing better to do than compare notes, and indoctrinate those who bitterly follow, having just found out they're not as in with Paul as they thought.

But I think he's going to win. Paul will convince them one by one that he did everything he could to save them, and then even if they are bitter, they will get over it, hope for his friendship beyond the game, and give him the win.

This season had such potential at the beginning, sigh.

Jenny

From the Bloc
If they had any sense they'd get rid of Matt. I think they are all afraid of Mark winning HOH and not knowing who he would go after.

Which is just stupid. Sure, he nominates, but the rest of them do the voting. Even if two of your pals are up at once, at some point you have to start voting them out anyway, and they seem to forget that when one of your pals goes, that's a jury vote for you.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Which is just stupid. Sure, he nominates, but the rest of them do the voting. Even if two of your pals are up at once, at some point you have to start voting them out anyway, and they seem to forget that when one of your pals goes, that's a jury vote for you.

Mr. Fridge and I have been bringing this up all season. A few HOHs this season seem to think that just because they are HOH, they have theeeee say in who goes home. Jessica and Josh come to mind.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I get that sometimes players say it's up to the HOH because it relieves them of making the decisions and getting their hands dirty, and they want to suck up to avoid being nominated. I get that HOHs will say "this is my plan" because they have to set it in motion with nominees, and potentially a renom. And I get that sometimes - although rarely - the HOH is the deciding vote so it's up to them.

But otherwise, it's not at all! Everyone is free to vote as they please, plus there are always the random factors of who is drawn for veto, who wins it, and what *they* decide to do, let alone any number of other random twists.

Mind you, with this cast and production team I don't know why they didn't just elect Paul HOH for the season and vote out whoever he tells them too, because that's pretty much what's happening.

smurfy

From previously tv....
Someone opened a drawer in the side table by Raven's bed - and there are used condomS.
So gross.

The folks there are so bored - they are listing the food/CD they want in their HOH basket if they won. They are checking out.

Alex - made a comment if she had a kid, she would not leave to be on BB - as a jab to Cody - said in front of Jason
Sounds like they still are talking a lot about Cody. Get over it!

Sounds like Paul had a fight with Mark. Why - he is a jury vote????
Also that Paul has said something about Cody messing with the jurors.

I hate 'Voting with the House"- aren't you here to play YOUR game. Such sheep.

I just finished watching BBOTT (thanks TanithandBenFan for the recommendation). It was really interesting. Only the weekly episode was on CBS Access - long episode, showing HOH, noms, Veto and ceremony and eviction. So defintely do not learn much about all the real dynamics of the house.
America nominated a 3rd person every week and had One Vote at eviction. For many weeks - one of the HOH's allies was the America nomination and end up going home. The house took into account that America would vote for whoever America nominated into their voting. It was really interesting. And unlike this group of HGs - they took seriously who America voted for. (I still can't believe they did not realize Jess getting the halting hex was a vote by America FOR Jess.)

Habs

A bitch from Canada
They are checking out.

I'm kind of checking out too. This season started off with so much potential but these people just aren't smart enough to think for themselves. Mark isn't my favourite, but I'm holding on to a shred of hope that he won't be voted out tonight, just because I think he's the one who can/would stir things up.

Paul is playing a masterful game, but I just find him so unlikable.

And can they just vote Raven out now, please? She's the one who's in for a rude awakening when she gets out of the house. I'm pretty sure she thinks she's America's sweetheart.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Mark isn't my favourite, but I'm holding on to a shred of hope that he won't be voted out tonight, just because I think he's the one who can/would stir things up.

And yet when he got the Save a Friend temptation, he gave it to Paul. :wall: The fact that anyone is cheering for him at this point is a testament to the very low calibre of competitors/characters this season.

Paul is playing a masterful game, but I just find him so unlikable.

I admit that I've been a Boston Rob fan from his first season so I'm biassed, and while in principle I don't like giving the same players multiple chances at the game, the season where he finally won was a delight to watch. He had the game pretty much sewn up from close to the beginning, so while there was little suspense, watching it unfold was like a masterclass in Survivor gamesmanship. And he's a nice guy!

Paul is just so bloody cocky - screaming in Diary and referring to himself as "your boy" - and his manipulations go beyond game to people's emotions and weaknesses. He's just plain mean. And I'll say it - I don't know what's most disgusting, that greasy beard or that giant black tattoo with his nipple poking out of it. *barf emoji*

And can they just vote Raven out now, please? She's the one who's in for a rude awakening when she gets out of the house. I'm pretty sure she thinks she's America's sweetheart.

Part of me wants her stuck in that house until finale night. I think being in jury, particularly if it's for a few weeks, will soften the blow as the others are likely to be more real to her when it will no longer affect their game, and I don't trust the BB handlers either. I get the idea they don't like her - never calling her to Diary for example - so they may not be able to resist taking her down a notch or two.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I admit that I've been a Boston Rob fan from his first season so I'm biassed, and while in principle I don't like giving the same players multiple chances at the game, the season where he finally won was a delight to watch. He had the game pretty much sewn up from close to the beginning, so while there was little suspense, watching it unfold was like a masterclass in Survivor gamesmanship. And he's a nice guy!

I'm a Boston Rob fan too! And agree with all your points - watching him win was a delight, even though he had it sewn up from the beginning. That is so NOT the case with Paul. :scream:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Sounds to me like Jason and Alex think they are with Paul, and Alex also has a side deal with Paul, but Paul is really with Christmas and Josh. Either way, not much of a shakeup because Paul will not get nominated as there are three people in between who are considered expendable by all of them.

:yawn:

Habs

A bitch from Canada
It sounds like Jason is targeting either Matt or Raven, and is going to nominate both of them. They're so clueless, I'm sure they won't see it coming.

TanithandBenFan

It sounds like Jason is targeting either Matt or Raven, and is going to nominate both of them. They're so clueless, I'm sure they won't see it coming.

I think the plan is to nom both of them and tell them Kevin is being backdoored, but Matt is the real target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information