thriller with 'skating mother from hell' theme airs on IFC

LadyNit

moving right along
Based on my standing order for 'skating, ' my tivo automatically scheduled itself to record "American Venus" on June 1at 3:35pm PDT - airing on IFC, the Independent Film Channel. It also plays on June 2 at 2:00am PDT.

I never heard of this movie but it might be amusing...or :rolleyes: or :wall: or :lol: or :scream:

Plot synopsis:
Celia Lane (Rebecca De Mornay, “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle,” “And God Created Woman”) is an uncompromising coach pushing her figure-skating daughter Jenna (Jane McGregor, “Robson Arms”) toward an Olympic gold medal. But after Jenna blows it in an important national competition, she becomes fed up with the sport and with her demanding, abusive mother and runs away to Vancouver. The gun-toting Celia immediately heads across the border to find Jenna and put her back on the path to Olympic glory. She won’t be denied in her quest, even though Jenna’s father is keeping the girl’s location secret and the Canadian police have confiscated Celia’s weapon.

Tres dramatique, non? :drama:

Ozzisk8tr

I so want to see this movie! It sounds fabulously camp! I'm not even being sarcastic! There's nothing like watching Rebecca De Mornay abuse her talent.

OlieRow

I don't get this channel :( It sounds totally trashy and like something I need to watch in a train wreck sort of way.

Quintuple

papillon d'amour
Hoo boy, I spent 2 hours watching that rather than doing something useful like cooking or applying for jobs.

Wow, that was cray cray. So much tension that wasn't AT ALL addressed in dialogue! In a weird way, it was totally effective in its depiction of outright mental imbalance!!! Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information