Davis & Andreev engaged

chapis

I was originally not impressed with Meryl at all, but after seeing her live totally changed my opinion, she is so beautiful, she looks much better live. And she has a lot of class, definitely stands out from the others.

Dolore

Where they still dating when Meryl was on DWTS and claimed to be single to play up the showmance with Maks ?

screech

Where they still dating when Meryl was on DWTS and claimed to be single to play up the showmance with Maks ?
She never claimed to be single and never once even claimed to have romantic interest in Maks. The viewers noticed a connection and ran with it. Things just weren't denied. Maks later even said it was ridiculous, because he was with already back with Peta. And I think Fedor was in the audience at least a few times.

screech

Is it really any more awkward or weird than those who date or marry their coaches? (Meagan Duhamel, I think Elvis dated Uschi Keszler for a bit, all of Nikolai's women...). Imagine a bad day at the rink and having no escape because you're going home together. At least people (usually) get a break from their MIL.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Haven't you learned by now never to drink or eat anything while reading posts here?

... Some of the trollish posters on FSU are just providing us with Chock Bait. Or is it Bate(s)?

Nah, it must be Choke Bait. :drama: ;)

Congrats to Meryl, Fedor, and Bilbo (such a cute dog with a tongue twisting, pun-tripper of a name -- and I wonder how he got it?) - Much continued happiness to Meryl & Fedor! Happy wedding too! Meryl will be such a beautiful bride.:cheer2:

ETA:
"And Bilbo Baggins (the couple’s Sheepadoodle) obviously will be the ring bearer."

Ahhh, thanks @Sylvia; cute doggie Bilbo is named after Tolkien's Lord of the Rings character. :D

Last edited:

kittysk8ts

I don't know anything about Ice Dance but it sounds like Andreev is the real winner, after reading this thread, and he has neither won an Olympic medal nor coached an Olympic medalist.

Meryl is stunning and accomplished, and any man she wants is lucky.

Hi @bardtoob :) Here is a link to his accomplishments.

http://internationalskatingacademy.com/coach/fedor-andreev/

He is actually quite interesting and did coach in Canton. He was a lovely skater too. But for sure, any man would be lucky to win Meryl's heart. :)

aftershocks

Banned Member
I think on DWTS, the bond that Maksim and Meryl developed was genuine and heartfelt but brotherly/sisterly. It seems to me that they each deeply admired and respected each other. And they were thankful for the emotional connection they quickly developed. Maks had experienced so much hard luck and difficult partnerships (even with good partners) that he was humbled and overjoyed to be paired with Meryl, and especially to work with her.

Let's face it, Meryl's figure skating background had given her the ability to quickly learn and retain difficult and/ or intricate choreography. So what Maks was having her do, while different was not a complete stretch, which likely made Maks' ability to create their choreo much easier. The sky was the limit with Meryl's flexibility and ice dance background. Plus, Meryl is such a sweet and wise soul. She naturally and easily displayed such belief in and respect for Maks that he was amazed and very humbled, and even brought to tears. Meryl had learned how to respect her partner over her many years competing with Charlie, via guidance from her and Charlie's parents and their coaches.

Meryl and Maks went along with all the romantic asides and build-up as a matter of course, as many dance partners on the show will do to help maintain interest, speculation, and ratings through the entire season. It was always wink/wink for them because they each knew they were in romantic relationships with their significant others (Peta; Fedor to be precise). :D

Tinami Amori

.. wait "Uschi"? is that the girl who danced "calypso" in pajamas? back in the 60's? She would be ancient in Stojko's times..... :drama:

screech

According to Wikipedia, Uschi was born in '48, Elvis in '72. Twenty-four years is a big difference, but there's definitely larger age gaps out there.

I thought it had been relatively common knowledge (though it could be because I knew a lot of people at Mariposa in the 90/00s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information