"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
She looks gorgeous, stunning, but those nerves really show up in her knees. She gets really stiff in the knee and loses all of the "pop" that she usually gets to her jumps when she's nervous, it's what Mai Mihara does so well. Throws everything off and then her nerves show on her face once the mistakes have been made. When she's in "attack" mode her knees and interpretation are completely different...

That attempt was nowhere near as close as any of her social media attempts, but I agree with @VIETgrlTerifa that she should keep going for it as long as she can hit the 3/3 and solo triple afterwards.

I usually go for the amazing competitor, but my love for Mirai is like my little sister, I can't stop rooting for her even if she eats it every single time.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I'd say she should just keep going for it. Maybe if she does, she'll hit it once in a while or at least be within 1/4 so she can get credit for a high scoring jump even with a fall/stumble/etc.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQMzJo84b3Y

THANK you for posting..

Was she not skating with enough speed going into a 3 axel? I didn't think she would get it as she was setting it up......

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
One GREAT thing about this new SP costume... she's wearing gloves. :skandal

Now usually I'm terrified of gloves :scream: and wish they'd all be tossed into the bonfire, but this is clearly to show Evgenia that not only did she use this music first, but also she did it with gloves first. :summer: :kickass: that's pretty fabulous and could intimidate Eteri into a SP that doesn't include gloves!! :cheer: well played my dear.

Frida80

You miss 100% of shots you never take. I agree. She was clearly nervous and didn't get enough speed going into the jump. But the more she does it the better chance she has of landing it.

That said, I think the triple triple she move to where her 3Lo was and her 3Lz to her 2A. A lot of the nice choreography is lost when both first two jumping passes are so close together.

icellist

While she underrotated the 3A and fell on the flip, no one can deny that Mirai did a true outside edge lutz. That's my takeaway from this SP. Not only is she upping the double to a 3A, but the loop to a lutz. Good for her.

Interested to see the layout for her LP. If she goes for the 3A, I wonder if her team will go for two 2A-3T combos a la old Yulia and Satoko.

Bellanca

Now usually I'm terrified of gloves :scream: and wish they'd all be tossed into the bonfire, but this is clearly to show Evgenia that not only did she use this music first, but also she did it with gloves first. :summer: :kickass: that's pretty fabulous and could intimidate Eteri into a SP that doesn't include gloves!! :cheer: well played my dear.
#Glovegate :drama:

Sylvia

TBD
That's my takeaway from this SP. Not only is she upping the double to a 3A, but the loop to a lutz. Good for her.
Nagasu first added and successfully landed the 3Lz in her SP at a small club competition back in March - here was the article/excerpt published before the competition (GSD thread): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/nagasu-targets-clean-triple-axel-for-olympic-season.100805/

Mirai shared her FS protocol from the same competition (3F+3F, 3A<< fall and 4 more clean triples): https://www.instagram.com/p/BR4toTOB5VW/

GullyGirl84

Hahahaha. At some point last season, Mirai started wearing flesh colored gloves with her sp costume, which was...strange. I always wondered why. These gloves are much better, but I'm still hoping she gets a new costume. On snapchat last week, she showed some kind of issue with her finger (broken finger?), I wondered if they did darker gloves to disguise it.

I have a feeling that this is the last time we'll see the triple A in the SP(maybe at another B...), and they just tried it because it's a nothing competition. But I can see them keeping it in the long. I think that they need to work on inserting back into the sp some of the original choreography/how it should be timed to the music....unless it just got totally messed up because of the timing of the two jumps. I wish they wouldn't experiment as much with the layout of the SP. I wonder what the layout is when they practice it in training. Is she training multiple variations (triple A? solo Lutz? Is the loop staying out?).

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦

I like the gloves but I thought that Mirai might have worn them to hide the bandage on her injured finger. :D

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
No video yet, but Jackie Wong is reporting the following for Mirai's LP (on rockerskating.com):

Mirai Nagasu - 182.03 (123.82 FS) 3F3T, 2A(hand), 3S, 2A3T2T, 3Lz2T, 3Lz(2ft), 3Lo(-)

Pretty good! :cheer: she won the LP and finished 2nd to Courtney Hicks. Two 3lutzes in the second half.

I like the gloves but I thought that Mirai might have worn them to hide the bandage on her injured finger. :D

Well it's a brilliant move either way. I like to think it's because of Janny. :p

Last edited:

giselle23

While she underrotated the 3A and fell on the flip, no one can deny that Mirai did a true outside edge lutz. That's my takeaway from this SP. Not only is she upping the double to a 3A, but the loop to a lutz. Good for her.

Interested to see the layout for her LP. If she goes for the 3A, I wonder if her team will go for two 2A-3T combos a la old Yulia and Satoko.

Agree about adding the lutz. I was getting a little tired of seeing solo loops in the short program instead of a lutz. That is actually a demotion in tech from 6.0. Nice to see Mirai adding two second-half lutzes in her long program, too (reportedly).

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
The protocol sheet shows those Lutzes were actually loops. No Lutz attempted.

But 1.4 GOE on her 3f3t and 3sal :)

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Well now I'm disappointed. But also happy about the 3/3, but that's still a buzz kill.

She survived her first outing! :cheer: *phew* onto the next

Can't wait to see her program!

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
OMG @Coco :lynch: :lynch: :angryfire :lol:

This is an Olympic long program, her best of the quad! The lutz is looking nice :p, actually the jumps were way better today, and there's some nice highlights and connecting steps here. I think this one is going to work. The music edit is nice.

I think the program suits her and I like that it has a beginning, middle, and end. It feels like a complete program and not a work in progress.

Spun Silver

Actually it has two middles. But yes, it's a beautiful program, praise God, and she is very close to mastering it. What a gift Jeff Buttle has been to her... and perhaps vice versa. He really gets her and is helping her become herself. I loved the way she talked about returning to her ballet roots in this program. You get the feeling she owns it instead of it being some gimmick imposed on her.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
OMG @Coco :lynch: :lynch: :angryfire :lol:

This is an Olympic long program, her best of the quad! The lutz is looking nice :p, actually the jumps were way better today, and there's some nice highlights and connecting steps here. I think this one is going to work. The music edit is nice.

I think the program suits her and I like that it has a beginning, middle, and end. It feels like a complete program and not a work in progress.

hmmmmm well I like some of the elements looking stronger and Im glad she edited the dress...I wasnt liking the music... a bit too sleepy hollow, uninteresting for my taste. I think Im preferring The Great Gatsby and even TWTIA musical compositions over this. I thought would like the music a lot more. :( Maybe I need to watch this for a third time.

icellist

She'll master that step sequence eventually. And I love the change of music during the chsp. The outside edge on her lutz is great now!. Was a bit worried her second flip was going to called e. Jeff chose great cuts and pacing for Mirai. If that first 2A turns into a 3A, it'll be a 8 triple FS! I also agree that this is her best FS for this quad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information