Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

forthewin

I seriously hope the Moulin Rouge rumor is NOT true. Do they really wanna end their career on that freaking piece? I just can't.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I seriously hope the Moulin Rouge rumor is NOT true. Do they really wanna end their career on that freaking piece? I just can't.

I have always felt it is what a skater does with their music and less about the music itself. If they can make the audience feel and understand what they are showing. I've seen FD's to great classical music and FD's to themes like MR that fall flat because the skaters just work through the program. But a great skater/s can take anything and make it work and even make it iconic no matter how overused it may be or how kitschy it may be . With some great elements as well.

lauravvv

Moulin Rouge would mean I have a tiny tiny chance that their FD is a tango. Oh let it be so :)
I wanted Tessa and Scott to do a tango, but definitely not 'Tango Roxanne'. It's just too overdone, and, what's more important, too heavy, dramatic and pompous for them (in my opinion). Also, if their FD is indeed 'Moulin Rouge', they might include a fragment of the tango, but I think they would use several parts of the soundtrack to make the FD more diverse in terms of the emotional content and more like a story.

chapis

Moulin Rouge does not seem the style of Montreal, I don´t think they will skate that music. Although after the music they used last season, I think I will accept anything.

Last edited:

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Ah but a team also has its own voice. And if Montreal cannot bring itself outside of its comfort zone, they're doomed as a school.
So I really hope Moulin Rouge is true. I'd love it for them and having my dream tango is still a huge part of my dream come true for a FD :)

sap5

The scene was hot, but I never liked that version of Roxanne. If they use the music but don't do the scene like that, then I'm not down for it.

kittysk8ts

I highly doubt they would skate to anything from Moulin Rouge. Kaitlyn and Andrew skated to a MR medley in 2011 and I just feel like Scott & Tessa would not use that music. Just a feeling.....and of course, I could be wrong, lol.

sap5

All I want is music that I can listen to. "Latch" was nails on chalkboard for me, and it ruined the entire season for me. I really don't want their Olympic season to have a program I can't bear to sit through.

kittysk8ts

All I want is music that I can listen to. "Latch" was nails on chalkboard for me, and it ruined the entire season for me. I really don't want their Olympic season to have a program I can't bear to sit through.
You are not alone regarding "Latch". Lots of people did not enjoy that part of the program. I personally loved the entire program. I am lucky. It is kind of nerve wracking waiting to find out though, isn't it? Another 6 weeks to go unless someone sneaks into the rink.....haha. Anyone in Montreal that wants to go on a reconnaissance mission for us?

sap5

Funny thing I just realized...the last time Roger Federer was the Wimbledon Champion was in 2012, just like the last time V/M were World Champions was in 2012. It's really remarkable how these legends were able to come back and win again after so much time.

chapis

You are not alone regarding "Latch". Lots of people did not enjoy that part of the program. I personally loved the entire program. I am lucky. It is kind of nerve wracking waiting to find out though, isn't it? Another 6 weeks to go unless someone sneaks into the rink.....haha. Anyone in Montreal that wants to go on a reconnaissance mission for us?

It really surprises me how respectful people are with that sort of thing, where are the gossipy people when it's needed? :shuffle:. I'm sure there are people here reading this right now and knowing perfectly what music they're using, I mean, good for them but :wall:

kittysk8ts

It really surprises me how respectful people are with that sort of thing, where are the gossipy people when it's needed? :shuffle:. I'm sure there are people here reading this right now and knowing perfectly what music they're using, I mean, good for them but :wall:
I know! What about US? We NEED to know! Hahaha.

barbarafan

I know! What about US? We NEED to know! Hahaha.
ha ha...haven't been around there since high school...there most likely have some sort of sign in desk now to get in. Then when you leave they do a brain scan which wipes out your memories of the visit...So many kids train there and no leaks....If I did go & saw who was doing what I would feel honor bound to keep my huge mouth shut out of respect for the skaters.:saint:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I highly doubt they would skate to anything from Moulin Rouge. Kaitlyn and Andrew skated to a MR medley in 2011 and I just feel like Scott & Tessa would not use that music. Just a feeling.....and of course, I could be wrong, lol.

I'm repeating myself here but there is nothing iconic or memorable about the MR program WP skated except to maybe their diehard fans so I don't think this is the same type of situation as when Tessa wouldn't skate to Somewhere in Time because she felt it belonged to DL. Now if the rumours were Je Suis Malade then yes, I wouldn't believe it because that is music strongly associated with WP.

kittysk8ts

I'm repeating myself here but there is nothing iconic or memorable about the MR program WP skated except to maybe their diehard fans so I don't think this is the same type of situation as when Tessa wouldn't skate to Somewhere in Time because she felt it belonged to DL. Now if the rumours were Je Suis Malade then yes, I wouldn't believe it because that is music strongly associated with WP.
Fair enough Marbri; you make excellent points :) Although I hadn't meant to suggest there was anything iconic about the WeaPo program. I still do not think they will skate to Moulin Rouge. I know I will like whatever they choose! It honestly does not matter to me because they make everything they do, their own.

kittysk8ts

ha ha...haven't been around there since high school...there most likely have some sort of sign in desk now to get in. Then when you leave they do a brain scan which wipes out your memories of the visit...So many kids train there and no leaks....If I did go & saw who was doing what I would feel honor bound to keep my huge mouth shut out of respect for the skaters.:saint:
I know, I was just teasing @barbarafan :) I respect their right to unveil their programs when they are ready.

The Accordion

I would actually be quite excited if their Olympic program is Moulin Rouge. I had resigned myself to it being a more romantic lyrical piece - and if it is I am determined to just enjoy having them around for another year. However, I think MR could be quite exciting and a change! And a TANGO!!!! (I somehow have not tired it either)

chantilly

I don't think we are getting another romantic lyrical piece.
In all the interviews with them they seemed to strongly indicate they wanted to go in a different direction.
I think Latch was a bit of a compromise between them and Marie France and Patch.
I think she felt they needed to come back last season somewhat in the style people knew them for. And they wanted to go gang busters different.
I think their team felt that to make the biggest impact from two years away and being behind the eight ball so to speak, it was best to keep along the same lines if they also wanted to win and still be in the conversation of taking gold in Peyongchang.
I really doubt Scott and Tessa will want to take another crack at an Oly title with similar material to last year.
I'd love a tango. But I'm not sure it'd be the best choice.
Only because the SD is Latin and there were two tangos last year.
I just really hope I'm excited by their choice.
However they are brilliant and when I first heard Carmen I was huh?!
But it ended up being a masterpiece IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information