This or That - Round 42

ilovepaydays

YES
-------------------------------
BTW, @Buzz I think the 2018 Senate map is particularly hard for Democrats. They have to successfully defend by far the most seats - many in "red/purple" states - plus flip 3 seats. That's looking really hard to do right now.

But the President's party usually has losses in midterms, My feeling: GOP keeps both houses - small gains in Senate, but the Dems will gain some in the House.
--------------------------------

Now that we've talked about Congress - what's your gut feeling about the 2018 governor's races? The GOP is defending way more governorships, but it looks like about half are either term limited or retiring, so they won't have the incumbent running.

GOP will maintain/gain - Possible pickups: Colorado, Pennsylvania, Minnesota.
or
Democrats will make some gains (Florida, Nevada,New Mexico) GOP will keep majority.
or
SLACKED! Democrats will get a majority of governorships.

Maofan7

Away (Workload)

ilovepaydays

A plank of wood.

BTW, I will guess about @Buzz's question - YES - but, man, Salvador Dali was one, um, peculiar dude. :confused:

Who played the best James Bond?

Sean Connery
or
George Lazenby
or
Roger Moore
or
Timothy Dalton
or
Pierce Bronson
or
Daniel Craig

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

1. No, not most of the family - but Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson were certainly :shuffle:.
&
2, If all true, I would say Prescott Bush.

Who played the best Batman?

Will Arnett
or
George Clooney
or
Val Kilmer
or
Adam West
or
Christian Bale
or
Kevin Conroy
or
Michael Keaton
or
Ben Affleck

ilovepaydays

No - the photograph is probably too recent. Didn't they pass away in the mid 1800's?

Back to track & field :D - The Monaco Diamond League meet is tomorrow. Andre De Grasse was scheduled to face Usain Bolt in the 100m. But De Grasse is saying that he was booted from the race because Bolt "didn't want to race such as elite field and lose before Worlds next month."

The Monaco DL meet is one of the most lucrative meets in Europe with supposedly insanely good appearance fees. What's your response?

BOLT MUST NEVER LOSE!!!!!
or
Isn't Worlds what really matters? Bolt will still need to worry about De Grasse (and others) in London.
or
Not fair! Bolt should be ready for Worlds right now anyway. And sprinters like De Grasse deserve the opportunity to be in high quality competitions.
or
Other

ilovepaydays

YAY

Can President Trump actually pardon himself?

Yes - Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution - if you read it plainly he can pardon anyone, except for Impeachment.

No - If a President could pardon himself, wouldn't Nixon have tried to do it before the House Watergate hearings had started?

But I will admit that Watergate is different because Nixon's actions would have been while Nixon was already in office........not sure about actions before becoming President like during the 2016 campaign.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information