1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

Yves St. Laurent Retrospective - Denver

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by barbk, Apr 14, 2012.

1. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

There is a huge retrospective of Yves St. Laurent's couture at the Denver Art Museum, and it is a fabulous show. Pieces in real life that I'd only ever seen pictures of, pieces whose detail is completely lost in pictures, and about 300 fabulous outfits -- all sewn completely by hand -- to enjoy. If you are in the Denver area, this is an exhibit worth visiting. Just incredible.

2. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

I'll be in Denver last weekend in April. Either the 29th or 30th. Will it still be on do you know? Is there a website I could visit?

I'd love to see this!

3. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

4. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Norlite -- Don't forget to get reservations, especially for the weekend. Don't wait too long -- I'd get them soon.

It is an amazing show -- and I was wrong -- there are more than 400 of his outfits.

5. Nomad

Nomad Celebrity cheese-monger

I went to a YSL retrospective back in 2008 - at the De Young in SF, IRRC. It was stunning. Up until then, I'd only seen couture in books and magazines, but to have the clothes right in front of you...wow.