Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

Geo1

Hi guys! It's a little lonely in here... Where are all the Yuzu fans? (I think I heard my voice echoing....) When is Yuzu going back to Toronto?

Hey Fairuza & Meoima, how do you send a PM?

fabuloussagagal

Some of us are here. Want to know too, how do I (LadySci from GS) PM you guys. Hope the Yuzu fans will find a new home, so sad about what happened :(.

Meoima

Hi guys! It's a little lonely in here... Where are all the Yuzu fans? (I think I heard my voice echoing....) When is Yuzu going back to Toronto?

Hey Fairuza & Meoima, how do you send a PM?
Hello we are here. I will send you PM.

GreatLakesGal

OMG. I just saw that. That is an absolutely reprehensible thing to do. And that site should be publicly scorned and humiliated for doing such a thing. Anyone who cares about figure skating should be appalled at such behavior. Years of figure skating history wiped out because the site owner has a temper tantrum.

GreatLakesGal

I can't believe the mod at Golden Skate just deleted 5000 pages of fan thread just because they dislike some actions of several Yuzuru's fans. How about the whole crazy number of Yuzuru's fans who never ever make any offensive comments to the admins and just happily read the thread?

Oh my lord. I am glad I already chose FSuniverse in the first place.

In addition to a dedicated Hanyu site, I think Yuzu fans should also maintain a presence on this site. You've done a great job, Meoima, keeping this fan thread going. I hope that continues and that this thread can become more active in the future.

Last edited:

sousen

I can't believe they deleted the whole thread. I rarely posted but really appreciated all the great news and media posts. I would like to join the new dedicated site if there's one.

liv

Wow. They deleted the whole thing. I thought they were just cleaning it up and then maybe they would leave it closed... there were so many links and interesting things there. I wonder if they will allow a new one to be opened now?

fabuloussagagal

In attention to a dedicated Hanyu site, I think Yuzu fans should also maintain a presence on this site. You've done a great job, Meoima, keeping this fan thread going. I hope that continues and that this thread can become more active in the future.
That's a good idea to maintain some presence here and support Meoima's efforts!

valdora

Wow, I rarely posted on GS but I lurked there for years and pretty much relied on that thread to keep me up to date on Yuzu news and media. Let me know if there is a new place everyone is congregating, but tbh, it would be a shame to see one of the biggest English language skating forums have no thread for the most popular skater out there. :( Seems like a pretty OTT reaction.

Meoima

Wow, I rarely posted on GS but I lurked there for years and pretty much relied on that thread to keep me up to date on Yuzu news and media. Let me know if there is a new place everyone is congregating, but tbh, it would be a shame to see one of the biggest English language skating forums have no thread for the most popular skater out there. :( Seems like a pretty OTT reaction.
It will be fine, I still update this thread now and then. I might not be the fastest to update in the first place though.

Meoima

On the flight back to Japan from Helsinki, ANA airline wanted to announce a congratulation that Yuzuru won World Championships 2017, but Yuzuru refused. He said not all the passengers were his fans, some of their favorite skaters did not do well at WC 2017, so it was better to avoid making these passengers feel annoyed.
From https://twitter.com/MiiSECRECY/status/855637627931840513

Geo1

I still can't figure out how to send a private message. Can't somebody tell me please.

Fairuza

You just click on the ava (or its absence) of the person you want to PM and then get a pop-up. Select "Start a conversation".
I still can't figure out how to send a private message. Can't somebody tell me please.

Meoima

Iron Klaus‏ @Iron_Klaus 18m18 minutes ago
Iron Klaus Retweeted mizumi☺︎GoTAKAHITO
#TakahitoMura's choice of Kanji was: 友=Friend. Thankful that friends like #YuzuruHanyu and others helped him through the past 4 years.

Meoima

Today's TV show about Yuzuru. [170506 THE★LEGEND] http://dai.ly/x5l5yam
Specs from Planethanyu has made a quick translation:
-----------
Showing clips of commentary from Spain, Russia and Italy after his LP performance.
Spain "His Majesty Hanyu" Russia "Pooh Rain and 90% of pooh bears are at his house" Italy "Planet Hanyu" of course.
At the Sendai Monument unveiling ceremony, some fans attending traveled from the States and China to see him.
7:48
Oda discusses Yuzu's popularity at shows. "Usually, gifts are put in the hallway temporarily, but in Hanyu's case it doesn't fit, so it's put in a separate room."
Oda also talks about how commentators coined the expression "doing an Oda". "I think my name was mentioned because the skater in question jumped too much." (explanation that jumping the same kind of jump too many times causes the jump to have 0 points attached)
"I'm like, wait, how many times have I jumped so far? I get flustered! I get flustered..."
Oda and Hanyu are best friends, about what Hanyu's really like, Oda said, "He's such a gentleman! When ladies leave he holds the door for them, or pulls out a chair for them, he's really kind to women."
"He doesn't like to eat much. He doesn't eat much, when eating a meal he often says, oh I'm full. I've never seen him eat fried food. He says it's too heavy on his stomach."

The last clip is Rafael Arutyunyan asking Hanyu for an autograph and Hanyu being surprised.

Meoima

Yuzuru will go to Cup of Russia in October and NHK in November.
They say he will reuse Chopin SP for Olympic season with an upgraded layout. Both 3A and quad combo in the second half.

Fiero425

They say he will reuse Chopin SP for Olympic season with an upgraded layout. Both 3A and quad combo in the second half.

Wow! Just 20 years ago, I can still visualize the coverage where so much was made about the 3A over all else and the quad was an afterthought where only the winner completed one on the podium of '98 Nagano Olympics! Quads completed in any fashion were acceptable; except if you're Surya Bonaly! Her 4 Salchow still isn't recognized after all these years from the 90's! Now quads are not only commonplace, it's routine throwing in multiple versions; astonishing! I just never thought I'd see the day to celebrate, marvel, and enjoy Hanyu's World Chp. performance of this season! I have no words! :sarah1: :irina1: :respec:

kittyjake5

Surprised about Cup of Russia I thought for sure he would do SC again. Has it been confirmed about the Chopin SP? It is
on of my favorite Yuzuru's programs!

Meoima

Surprised about Cup of Russia I thought for sure he would do SC again. Has it been confirmed about the Chopin SP? It is
on of my favorite Yuzuru's programs!
Yes they have confirmed it. So, the chance is that he will reuse Chopin with a harder layout is high. But of course Jeff has been busy with ice shows for 2 months so I don't think we should rule out the posibility of a new SP after Jeff and Yuzuru finish Fantasy on ice. They might have some new ideas about SP by the time.

clairecloutier

I'm honestly shocked that he would reuse a program he's already used twice.

I have to agree. I love the Chopin program, but this will be the THIRD year with it, that's kind of a lot. I mean, I'll still enjoy watching, but I really would've preferred a new program. I also would have been more than fine with him reprising "Let's Go Crazy" (which I love), but I understand it's perhaps not as "serious" a program as some people would expect at the Olympics. Hmmm ..... I am honestly kind of surprised Yuzuru is taking this route.

Meoima

I have to agree. I love the Chopin program, but this will be the THIRD year with it, that's kind of a lot. I mean, I'll still enjoy watching, but I really would've preferred a new program. I also would have been more than fine with him reprising "Let's Go Crazy" (which I love), but I understand it's perhaps not as "serious" a program as some people would expect at the Olympics. Hmmm ..... I am honestly kind of surprised Yuzuru is taking this route.
I don't see the problem here. Judges didn't appreciate his programs last season despite harder tech and harder transitions. It's understandable he choses something they can't deny. I don't mind him repeating programs. Cause it's Olympic and everyone is skating to their old programs.

His Chopin performance just now at FaOI through fancam: https://www.facebook.com/100003520114836/videos/1188639204596739/

He was clean with 3A and 4T3T in the second half right on the 2 consecutive music notes. And this is the Chopin without Jeff's adjustment because Jeff has been busy for 2 months with ice shows. I am sure the program will be even more different once Jeff has time with Yuzuru.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information