1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

Yes! I have skates for figures now!

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by treesprite, Oct 3, 2012.

1. treesprite

treesprite Active Member

So I got the Gold Test Figures blades, and finally got the Jackson EPs from off E-bay... total cost I think for the boots AND the blades together, was about $107 which includes the shipping (if you skip to the back of the E-bay lists, it can be a lot easier to find things).

I have to get the blades mounted on the boots and have a couple punches done, then I can finally use them :) They fit even though they are a stock boot (both the front and back are C width), there is just a gap at the back of the top of the boot. They are the old model so don't have the ankle pockets, so I have to get the right boot punched there (left is ok without it).

Guess what??? I found out that there is now a figures class at my rink on Friday mornings, which just happens to be the one day I have on which I can do a class, so if I can get a couple other factors worked out, I will be able to take the class.

2. FigureSpins

FigureSpins Well-Known Member

Excellent! Try them out a few times before the class, so you get used to the new skates.

3. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

So coool ! I'm happy for you \o/

4. treesprite

treesprite Active Member

Thanks. I am leaving them tomorrow for mounting and will be in them for the first time on Tuesday.

5. treesprite

treesprite Active Member

>~*SPLAT*~<

LOL. Second step on the ice and I was down. Then I had to stop and think for a second to figure out how to get back up without a toe pick.

There were only 2 people at the rink and I didn't want to break my neck with no one I knew right nearby, so I changed back to my regular skates. I'll try the figure blades out again on Tuesday.

6. FigureSpins

FigureSpins Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about getting up without a bottom toepick. Just takes practice - hockey players do it all the time. Good luck.