1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

Y-spin help

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by ioana, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I started working on this from a fwd sit spin since that's the same leg I do a Y spiral on, but my problem is that I keep shifting my weight once I start to rise out of a sit position and collapse on an inside edge before I can get the leg all the way up. One of the coaches at our clinic suggested doing it from a pancake spin instead and that does seem to help, but I still feel like I want to push my free leg "out" and from the inside instead of grabbing it from the outside of the skate. I feel like it's getting 'stuck' that way. Does anyone know of any good off-ice exercises or even videos where this is broken down?

My coach is away at a wedding, so I won't be able to ask her for another week =).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI45Qm3YoDw#t=02m38s