1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

What are you as a Skater when it comes to Lifting

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Feb 15, 2012.

What part do you take in the Lifting as a Skater?

1. I am a Liftee in Pairs

33.3%
  2. I am a Lifter in Pairs

33.3%
  3. I am a Liftee in Ice-Dance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am a Lifter in Ice-Dance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am a Liftee in Synchro.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am one of the Lifting Skaters in Synchro.

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok...we've been talking a lot about Lifting lately,and I've been wondering what part all our Skaters here (who do so) have on ice when it COMES to lifting? For example..if your a Synchro. Skater,are you the Lifter or the Liftee? If you do more then 1 Discipline that invoves Lifting (example if your a Pairs Skater and a Synchro. Skater), please mark and say for all.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

Hum...none of these choices but I have been lifted maybe 3 times in group numbers and I lifted some skaters too in my skating's club shows!

3. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Were you just lifted? You weren't in the Shows doing Pairs?

4. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

Former lifter in ice-dance, but my back hurts just thinking about it.

5. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

There was discussion about lifting me in a synchro number, but then we found out it was an illegal move for our level, so it never happened.

6. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I skated adult pairs for a while and overhead lifts were by far the best part. Love the feeling of watching the boards go by -and once you start working on turns while being lifted, it's even better since you get a very good vantage point. I miss being on the ice :wuzrobbed

7. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

Yes I have been lifted by a group of skaters a few times and I lifted skaters with others too but only in skating's club shows