1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi all! No longer will threads be closed after 1000 (ish) messages. We may close if one gets so long to cause an issue and if you would like a thread closed to start a new one after a 1000 posts then just use the "Report Post" function. Enjoy!

Virtue & Moir #44: "We're just going to keep building..."

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. martyross

martyross Well-Known Member

it seems they're having a lot of fun, they were performing already...! they have a special spark and aura.

3. forthewin

forthewin Well-Known Member

The draw at 4cc is out. First team in the second last group. Not that it matters here. I'm more concerned about the draw at the world. Anyone knows how will that work?

4. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

FD practice from Wednesday. They changed the spin and transition out of it. And if anyone was wondering the middle piece in their FD was composed by Karl Hugo and is titled Shadows.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  5. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

I think it matters wherever they are. I'm not ready to count out teams like the Shibs.

6. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Well-Known Member

Oh wow! LOVE the new spin position and transition. How lovely :) :)

Goody2shoes, supergirl573 and nippy like this.
  7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

At WCh TS will start even early. Sad, but this is what missing two seasons mearn.
    So tomorrow judges will save marks for last group, but this is how this work.
    Fingers crossed and wish TS to have fun, clean skating and to get high levels!

a12553, supergirl573 and barbarafan like this.
  8. yurokis40

yurokis40 Well-Known Member

Pani the judges have seen all the sd's by now they don't need to save marks if Tessa and Scott skate well and execute the score should be over 80 regardless.

9. double runner

double runner Active Member

I'd be a little bit more concerned if this was the old 6.0/ordinals system where judges definitely saved room. An 80 is possible in the SD, no matter where you start. The whole point of this system is that skaters are marked solely on what they did and not what anyone has or will do.

lauravvv and kittysk8ts like this.
  10. Bue

Bue Active Member

Agreed, I don't think it matters here. I think they could probably come out first and it wouldn't matter too much.

lauravvv likes this.
  11. martyross

it doesn't matter really, if everyone skate well we'll see the expected hierarchy (Canadians 1-2-3 combined with American 1-2-3). only Gilles-Poirier's ambitions will be affected by the starting order, unless judges go crazy on their PCS in order to to force things.
    i think the judges have their GOE's and PCS marks in mind before the event, for whatever reason.
    and may know what their collegues are going to do too.
    they have plenty of time to exchange opinions pretty much like skating fans do.

12. double runner

I'm really digging the changes to that spin.

barbarafan likes this.
  13. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Well-Known Member

SD Tessa and Scott in first, 39.75. Shibs. 3 points behind in 2nd

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

It wasn't their best, but still okay. Hope for a great FD tomorrow!

Goody2shoes and barbarafan like this.
  15. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Well-Known Member

Yes. I hope for a superb performance tomorrow!

Goody2shoes, barbarafan and Shayii like this.
  16. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

They skate last tomorrow so fingers crossed!

The videos on YouTube are being taken down already so here's another link https://vimeo.com/204296678.

17. Maddie Sparks

Maddie Sparks Active Member

79.75 was really good considering it definitely wasn't their best performance, and the energy from Scott seemed a little forced. Still loved it overall, and excited to see the FD and all the changes they've made.

18. kittysk8ts

Yes, we'll take it!

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They had one mistake, that's why got level 3 for PSS. But all others - level 4. Greate job on Olympic ice. Good luck in FD!

Emdee, a12553, girlscouse62 and 2 others like this.
  20. martyross

to my eyes the performance was TOTALLY FANTASTIC, and i'm running out of superlatives. i don't see Scott forced ( :

Goody2shoes, bbkenn, a12553 and 8 others like this.
  21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

22. chantilly

chantilly Well-Known Member

In the kiss and cry after they skated, Scott said " this should be interesting "
    Any idea to what he was referring to specifically?

23. dramagrrl

dramagrrl Well-Known Member

This is a random comment, but I just love how happy Tessa looks this season. They both do, but she especially just beams every time they complete a program. That sheer love of skating was muted in the 2013-14 season and she often looked more worried than happy to be out on the ice, so I'm thrilled to see them enjoying themselves so much in their comeback year.

a12553, Goody2shoes, feraina and 14 others like this.
  24. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I think he said that because he knew he had a small error and wondered how it was going to be addressed. Until this year, they have been nitpicked for errors and then dinged hard for them. If you look at the video link from above and watch beginning around the 2:10ish mark, you will see Scott kind of go off balance a bit and it registers on his face. Luckily nothing much came from it but I think it was reflected in the GOE a bit.

25. kittysk8ts

OMGosh, I watched it live and did not even pick that up!

26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

27. Maddie Sparks

Maddie Sparks Active Member

I still think it was a great performance, just not their most natural or best yet IMO!! Of course others will see it differently. Maybe forced was the wrong descriptor but it was the best way I could describe why it wasn't my favourite performance. Also could've had to do with the barely filled stadium and low energy from crowd.

28. double runner

The expression in this dance is getting stronger with each competition. Tessa in that opening few seconds of the program--WOW! She is something fierce! I've said it before and I truly believe nobody moves better than she.

Goody2shoes and bbkenn like this.
  29. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

What is really scary for me is that I did notice something off live, which is somewhat unusual for me. Maybe the fact I had it in HD and full computer screen. All that really matters is that they skated well. Not quite perfect, but definitely worth the marks they were given.

kittysk8ts likes this.
  30. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

The FD or SD? Or both lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.