1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtue & Moir #44: "We're just going to keep building..."

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Anticipating Challenge Cup & JR Worlds!

Starting the new thread with part of a quote I found in an article after they won their first Grand Prix title in Marseille... on to Canadians!

supergirl573, pani, Golden1 and 2 others like this.
  2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you, Silvia!
    Guys, as for "Waltz goes on" dress. Did you know, that judges ctiticized this dress, because it looked old fashioned?

3. Maddie Sparks

Maddie Sparks Active Member

Nice title. :) Shows the've got perspective and don't plan to rest on their laurels.

^^^ also didn't know that T was criticised on that dress... personally I liked it... I thought the detailing on the bodice was lovely. I also really liked Scott's outfit, too.

barbarafan likes this.
  4. Sonata

Sonata Active Member

"Waltz Goes On" dress is one of my favourite dresses on anyone - the styling and bodice is beautiful and cleverly crafted. I was disappointed when she changed it and of course, Marina wondered if her trouble on the twizzles was due to the weight of the material at worlds. I'd never heard any criticism of the original dress, but maybe it didn't fit the change in storyline of their SD.

5. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Really? Where did you hear this?

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

During GPF person, who worked with officials, posted about this at TS russian LJ. They discussed this at closing banquet.

Golden1 and alilou like this.
  7. Golden1

Golden1 Well-Known Member

alilou likes this.
  8. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

:eek: :rolleyes:

That's so ridiculous!

Golden1, barbarafan and Debrah like this.
  9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! I think maybe he was asked more about PC, then about VM. But great to read he is working with all teams in Mantreal, because i remember at WCh PC worried and he said he will not work with VM.
    I didn't read before PC were criticised because they didn't have story in FD. I read only about the same style they used.

barbarafan and Golden1 like this.
  10. barbarafan

barbarafan Well-Known Member

I believe He is Pc's primary coach but V/M have MFM as primary..There is a big team which works with everyone at Gadbois.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think Marie is a main coach and choreographer in Gadbois for all teams. Patrice - technical coach. Romain is good in artistic side and tech.

12. barbarafan

I am sure that I have seen in interviews that Romain is primary on some teams he brought. They all work with all teams.

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think it's young team from France, he listed like there coach in ISU profile.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

15. Lee2010

Lee2010 New Member

barbarafan likes this.
  16. Golden1

Finally some news!:cheer2:
    Tessa and Scott did a conference call with Lois Elfman on twitter https://twitter.com/LoisElfman. These are her tweets about it (read from the bottom to the top):

pani, bbkenn, Cherub721 and 6 others like this.
  17. Maddie Sparks

Maddie Sparks Active Member

Thanks for bringing the tweets over, Golden1 :)

Some things I found interesting...

When they execute they expect to win. Their success during the GP circuit seems to have given them more confidence. At the beginning of the season, they said they were just aiming to be in the mix.

Virtue says there have been minor tweaks to the free dance. They've been working with an artistic coach from Cirque du Soleil. Also excited to see them continue to integrate more emotion. They've only just scratched the surface with this free dance, IMO. Also wondering what what things will change with the added vision of someone from Cirque de Soleil. I'm still not blown away by their straight line lift at the end.

If they qualify, @tessavirtue and @ScottMoir said they will go to Four Continents. Not necessarily a surprise, but nice to get confirmation.

Overall impression is that they sound excited and invigorated. Seem to be in a good place, emotionally and physically. Excited for Nationals.

18. barbarafan

Where did this come from...I did not see it in the tweets?

supergirl573 likes this.
  19. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Yes it's in the tweets, 9th from the top.

barbarafan likes this.
  20. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting this Golden1

barbarafan likes this.
  21. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has been posted before....I missed the end of the former thread...this interview (by Anna Savchik) with Maxim Nikitin (Nikitan/Nazarova) was posted on the FS Gossips blog and here is an excerpt:

Whose dances have left the strongest impression this season?

– Of course, Canadians’ Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. They have always been our idols. And I’ll tell you, we are incredibly happy that they’ve returned. Because even just to perform with them on the same ice it’s something unthinkable. This is pair that went down in history of world figure skating.

I believe that they are the best thing that happened in the ice dance. We have many who have tried to return, but often it looked quite funny, but not in the case of Virtue and Moir. Their programs are more than just sport, they make art on ice.

22. Bue

Bue Active Member

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: love this!

a12553, girlscouse62, bbkenn and 3 others like this.
  23. Golden1

Tessa and Scott are doing an interview with TSN and Rod Black today. I don't have Snapchat but saw the pics on tumblr:
    http://balletfever89.tumblr.com/post/155812034075/tessa-and-scott-with-tsnrod-black-jan-13
    http://balletfever89.tumblr.com/post/155812829185/tessa-and-scott-with-tsnrod-black-part-2-jan
    I hope it's a nice, long interview :) I would love another one like the one with "The Skating Lesson". I could listen to them for hours. I cleaned the bathroom while listening to it and I didn't even mind the cleaning ;).
    Oh, and when I looked at the pics I noticed Tessa wearing gloves. I immediately thought of Scott's "I prefer feeling her bare hands...... on my hands." :D Do you guys remember that press conference? I loved their interactions with Pechalat and Bourzat.

I really appreciate that Nikitin doesn't mind the competition but enjoys the challenge and the opportunity to learn from V/M. And I definitely agree with the second paragraph.:D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    a12553, pani, supergirl573 and 4 others like this.
  24. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Well-Known Member

I just think it speaks volumes when a skater/team is appreciated by another skater/team :)

a12553, supergirl573, Golden1 and 3 others like this.
  25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for all news! Not a lot, but i hope we will see more practice videos on TSN from this video-shoot.
    I don't like they feel like they need to talk about WP all the time. Let'a just skate and judges will decide.

girlscouse62 and Golden1 like this.
  26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

27. DreamSkates

DreamSkates Well-Known Member

The sky seems to be the limit for them! Meaning gold medals and more to come.

Lee2010 likes this.
  28. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I've seen that skate Canada plans on streaming senior practices, but do we know if there's a way to watch the actual competition?

ETA: VirtueMoir great photos from Greg Kolz.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Golden1, pani and Lee2010 like this.
  29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Didn't read about practice streaming.

30. Golden1

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017