"The Walking Dead": Any fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I thought burning the picture of Maggie last season was a sign she wouldn't be with us much longer. And if they kill her off, they probably can't kill off Beth. Arg.

There is a rumor that Norman Reedus cried for an hour after shooting one episode. I'm going to guess it would either be Melissa McBride or Andrew Lincoln's leaving that would make him do that. So I'm guessing it's Carol :mad:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I thought burning the picture of Maggie last season was a sign she wouldn't be with us much longer. And if they kill her off, they probably can't kill off Beth. Arg.

There is a rumor that Norman Reedus cried for an hour after shooting one episode. I'm going to guess it would either be Melissa McBride or Andrew Lincoln's leaving that would make him do that. So I'm guessing it's Carol :mad:
Maybe it was him. :saint:

Marco

I am just remembering we haven't seen Rick in a few episodes. Now that the mid-season finale is up, I wish they had kept the Terminus people alive instead. They would have been more exciting than the hospital people.

And Tyrese, being the big old softy, after nearly getting Judith killed, is again causing trouble with his peace plan. I hate that! :mad:

Japanfan

So who is going to die next week?

Hopefully Beth, but Carol's name has been tossed around.

I wouldn't be surprised if they off Sasha too.

They aren't necessarily going to kill off anyone, and certainly not Beth, since they've put so much effort into trying to build her character this season.

Sasha would be the more logical choice, but also Father Gabriel, whose current behaviour is very strange. Is he on a suicide mission, or does he want to unleash walkers on the group? If so, why?

Some are saying Eugene's gurgling sounds more walker than human. Will be bite Maggie?

No, I think he'll live.
Maggie, Glen, Rick, Carl, Darryl and Carol have to stay. At least I'd see it that way, if I were the show's producers.

halffull

Life is a beautiful thing
Oh my. Actually feeling a bit bad for Beth even though I'm not going to miss her.
Can't believe it's mid season finale already. Now 2 months without TWD :(

Last edited:

PeterG

I wrote a bunch of notes about three or four episodes ago...butfelt like I had said enough in my post, so I didn't mention that I didn't get why people didn't like Beth. There will always be people who are in the background and look after business at home while others are out fighting the good fight. Things like keeping everyone fed and attending to newborn babies. And providing some feelings of peace for people in quiet moments by singing a lullaby to everyone. I know a few people posted about not liking her singing, but that was a highlight for me and I enjoyed when they gave time to Beth and let her sing more than just a line or two of a song. This season Beth was forced to step to the front after being isolated from the group. And she came through with flying colours. She had been the quiet one, the underdog...so she understood others like her when she came in contact with them. And then time and time again she stood up for them. Right until the very end where she basically sacrificed her life for someone who had done the same for her. Talk about loyalty. It was even more touching seeing Emily Kinney get so emotional on The Talking Dead. And then see Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Lauren Cohan (Maggie) also get emotional in their interviews. I know a lot of you won't miss Beth, but to me she represented innocence and she represented hope (although she had probably lost the former)...in a world where now people only get one quick chance...or get run over by a police officer in a cop car. :(

Japanfan

This season Beth was forced to step to the front after being isolated from the group. And she came through with flying colours.

But trying to kill Dawn with a pair of scissors.. .I dunno. . .I guess you could say Beth died for Noah, but it still seems such a waste.

It was even more touching seeing Emily Kinney get so emotional on The Talking Dead. And then see Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Lauren Cohan (Maggie) also get emotional in their interviews. I know a lot of you won't miss Beth, but to me she represented innocence and she represented hope (although she had probably lost the former)...in a world where now people only get one quick chance...or get run over by a police officer in a cop car. :(

I don't think Emily Kinney is a great actress, but do agree with you that she represented innocence and hope. Beth was sweet and so seems Emily Kinney.

Last edited:

halffull

Life is a beautiful thing
It wasn't the character of Beth that i didn't care for, it was Emily Kinney's acting. I found her very bland, very monotone. It was sad to watch TTD and see how emotional she got. She seems to have really bonded with the cast over the years. Her acting in her finale episode seemed a bit better. I wish her all the best in pursuing future rolls.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
It wasn't the character of Beth that i didn't care for, it was Emily Kinney's acting. I found her very bland, very monotone. It was sad to watch TTD and see how emotional she got. She seems to have really bonded with the cast over the years. Her acting in her finale episode seemed a bit better. I wish her all the best in pursuing future rolls.

CBS hasn't cast "Supergirl" yet. :smokin:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
So I just watched the episode, and I am not impressed with the way Beth died. I mean, I guess it was true to character, that she was inept at that sort of thing and so totally missed the jugular. (Although she did push that guy down the elevator shaft, so, eh, I don't know.) I also have no idea what "I get it now" means. WTF.

Poor writing, not really great acting from Beth and Dawn, and overall not an impressive mid-season finale.

Japanfan

I also have no idea what "I get it now" means. WTF.

I think she meant that she 'got' how controlling Dawn was when she refused to let Noah go.

But, I thought she already knew. And, the deal was two for two, so Rick changed it up when he asked for Noah as well and invited anyone else who wanted to join to come along. That was not a smart move. The cops who were exchanged would have told him she was a tyrant.

Basically it seems the producers thought it was time to kill someone off, decided that someone should be Beth, and then contrived a way to make that happen.

Poor writing, not really great acting from Beth and Dawn, and overall not an impressive mid-season finale.

I think the actress who plays Dawn is doing quite a good job. She comes across as quite complex, not at all one-dimensional, while tyrannical and schizo at the same time.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I just binge watched season 4 over the last week or so and I'm finally all caught up with season 5! Damn does this show get messed up. So many emotions from season 4 still....season 5 started off well and I've still enjoyed the show but it's been a bit of a letdown since the premiere.

I'm not altogether surprised or sad that Beth is gone now (title name 'Coda' was huge reference to Beth's love for music) - as others have said, she's bland and has not been portrayed all that well by Emily Kinney. But I do think she was better in her last episode. Though it was heartbreaking to see her devastation, it was kind of weird to see Maggie suddenly remember she had a sister, though my guess is she probably just assumed Beth had already died? Remembering how Beth was at the prison, it kind of makes sense.

Still, Carol>>>>>>>>>Beth. Because Carol and Daryl.

Father Gabriel is irritating and I hope he learns some survival skills, or every scene with him will drag. There have been other characters who weren't fighters and weren't nearly as spineless.

To be perfectly honest one of the best parts of the episode was seeing Morgan at the end! I've been hoping he'd make it back into the show, so hopefully it doesn't take too long before he meets up with Rick and the gang. :cheer:

Marco

What was Beth thinking? Was she just trying to kill Dawn or did she not want to live? That's crazy. I won't miss her but I do think this was a pointless death. The exchange was already complete. It was their stupidity to let Noah appear at all. (also, I think it's very convenient for Carol to suddenly wake up in time for the exchange :p)

That little pep talk between Tyrese and Sasha - did he mean he regretted being hesitant to kill those that he needed to kill (like Martin), or was he saying it was a good thing that he had a conscience? That's the point I hated most about Tyrese. Get over it already. Kill whom you need to kill! Or at least, keep a very close eye on them!

Same with Father Gabriel - stupid and lame, to escape and then attract a herd back to the church where the kids were. He was an utter coward.

Still, two months til the next episode, with the hope of Washington busted, this is going to be a long, long wait. even longer than waiting for Euros and US Nationals.

PeterG

What was Beth thinking? Was she just trying to kill Dawn or did she not want to live? That's crazy.

I think Beth felt more and more cornered...she didn't know help was just around the corner. Her desperation level was high and she wasn't close to being in a state where she could think clearly. Her gang showing up further amped things up for her. Then...just when it looked like there was hope, she saw why Dawn kept her close and even drew her in closer...because Dawn wanted her as piece on her chess board. Dawn's wanting Noah back pushed Beth over the edge and all she could think to do was to strike out. There was no way Beth was going to betray Noah. Nobody else was offering anything. In fact, her gang's silence in regards to Noah meant that it was solely up to her to take action. There was no way for Beth to know that Dawn's gun would go off, whether it was by accident or reflex. And that the bullet in the gun...of all places...would go through Beth's head. It was a freak accident. You could tell by the look on Dawn's face.

It was their stupidity to let Noah appear at all. (also, I think it's very convenient for Carol to suddenly wake up in time for the exchange :p)

There was no way Noah was going to abandon Beth. If the group had said no to him, I'm sure he would have found another way to sneak in and play a part in saving Beth. Plus the group was out-numbered by the hospital group. Noah was another number that they all desperately needed. Plus he knew the best way to get to the hospital staff and could be the most trusted to help Rick if he needed it in the hostage exchange.

As for Carol waking up in time, we saw Dawn tell Beth which medicine to get for Carol and I think we saw Beth administer it to Carol. I think that happened the day before the exchange, so that was enough time for Carol to come to and be ready enough to move (even if frail-ly).

Marco

Well she was being reckless. The exchange was already complete. Her stab at Dawn could have caused a whole new round of conflict between the two groups and leading to even more injuries and deaths (well, luckily it was her own). If she wanted to help Noah, stabbing Dawn surely wouldn't have helped. And it's understandable that the group was silent (well Rick did object immediately but didn't push it...) since they didn't really know him and clearly weren't going to let one stranger (who released "rotters" on Daryl and Carol) jeopardize the exchange and their safe exit from the building.

Dawn gave Beth the key and the doctor told Beth which medicine Carol needed. When Dawn and Beth were having their little talk in Carol's room after Beth shove the guy down the elevator shaft, Carol was still in the coma. I don't believe they showed a scene of her waking up? It's logical but poorly presented, I think.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
Dawn gave Beth the key and the doctor told Beth which medicine Carol needed. When Dawn and Beth were having their little talk in Carol's room after Beth shove the guy down the elevator shaft, Carol was still in the coma. I don't believe they showed a scene of her waking up? It's logical but poorly presented, I think.

I believe I remember Carol moving her head back and forth at the end of that scene with Dawn and Beth.

Marco

Let me rewatch the whole first half of the season. It started off with a bang but got slow and unexciting... Here's hoping for more excitment after 2 months. Coz right now they have no plans and no foreseeable enemies/ threats like a Terminus or Governor.

Now that I have to wait for 2 months, are there any other good TV series I can watch in the mean time? I am all caught up on Grimm as well.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Poor Beth, why her??? why don't kill those stupid non sense IMO characters as Father and the fake scientist??? I hate those two!

Marco

Poor Beth, why her??? why don't kill those stupid non sense IMO characters as Father and the fake scientist??? I hate those two!

Eugene (fake scientist) is as much a character as he is shown to be. I don't think there can be a further story to be made out of him. Except, it's probably mean to kill someone off right after he has revealed that he is useless. I mean, even Beth had some use.

The only use Father Gabriel has provided is his church as a temporary haven, but now that that's gone. I don't know.

Then again, if Carol could evolve from someone who got beat up by her husband and cried over her bite daughter to a strong, collected member of the gang, perhaps Eugene and Gabriel could too. Although I sure ain't going to wait 4 seasons to see THEIR characters evolve. :p

By the way, I was one of the millions who was spoiled by the famous Facebook post... :mad:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
A new gay character will be introduced in the second half of the season. I've been wondering what happened to all the gay men in the world. Personally, I'd be kicking zombie ass while having myself setup in a gated community with a flourishing vegetable garden (ganja included), lots of moonshine, a built in pool and PeterG as a poolboy/bartender.

Last edited:

Japanfan

Orphan Black is pretty cool. Give it a look.

'Orphan Black' is awesome. Tatiana Maslany deserves every available acting award for Best Actress in a TV series. I've watched every episode from the first two seasons twice at least, to make sure I'm following all the twists and turns. I can't re-watch TWD because I can't handle all the gruesome walker scenes over and over again.

But season 3 doesn't premier until April. :(

Hope that Space replays Seasons 1 and 2, because I might want to watch them again.

PeterG

'The Walking Dead' Spinoff: Everything We Know So Far

:cheer: I love Cliff Curtis!!! :cheer2:

Really enjoyed the article, the part that interested me the most:

Other speculation about the spinoff includes the suggestion that the story will be set in the early days of the apocalypse, before walkers overran the world.

I am REALLY interested in seeing how things go from normal life...through people becoming infected...to becoming zombies...to humans being outnumbered by zombies.... :eek: :respec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information