1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Voice, Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

On another note, does anyone else think Samantha Guthrie is really annoying? I switched to GMA when the Today show fired Ann Curry and hired Guthrie. She grates on my last nerve for some reason.

2. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Sarah was all scales and glory notes over the meaning of the song. Of course, I could be biased since I've not been impressed by her since the beginning.

Oh crap - it's Katia wearing a Spiderman dress taking on Whitney. Will it be whack or cracktastically amazing?

ETA - I'm with ya on Savannah (Samantha?). She can take her sparkles back to a weather desk.

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Cathia can sing, but I'm feeling nothing from this performance.

4. rfisher

rfisher Will you rise like a phoenix or be a burnt chicken

Ooohh meow from Shakira. I expected to hear a Bless you there. :lol:

Draco and I enjoyed Adam and Usher singing Superstition. He's a dancing Poodle.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

You know why people shouldn't do that Whitney song? Because it sucks, that's why.

LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  6. peibeck

peibeck Simply looking

I think this live show is getting to the contestants, Cathia was another trainwreck, except for about the last 15 seconds when she finally pulled it together. I did love her dress though.

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Not to keep slamming Cathia, but I always saw her as fodder. I think the weird pairings brought her this far.

8. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Shakira already gave her the boot. For some weird reason Usher chose to steal her and then to keep her. She never struck me as the kind of contestant viewers would support.

9. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Singer Songwriter = Fodder.

Katia steal was fodder too.

10. PrincessLeppard

Why do they keep giving girls ballads? Stop. Just. Stop.

11. peibeck

peibeck Simply looking

I shouldn't bash my St. Louis girl, but I can't understand half of what Caroline sings. :shuffle:

12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Was it just me or was Adam lacking in his praise for Caroline? He did use the "unique tone" comment, which always makes me :rolleyes:

13. Allskate

I'm sure he's kicking himself for the pairings and choices he made that led to her being in his top four.

14. rfisher

No because he's counting on the audience to vote for Judith and Sarah and he's keeping Amber. Caroline is the one who he expects to lose. IMHO, he kept her just for that purpose all along.

I expect Cathia is Usher's one to lose. I don't think she'll get the audience votes and he won't keep her.

15. Allskate

How are they doing the eliminations this season? One per team each week or regardless of mentor?

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

See they listened and started giving them to the boys too. :lol:

17. PrincessLeppard

I should've watched Dancing with the Stars. Other than the Muse song, these have been craptacular.

18. rfisher

They haven't said yet. This week the audience vote keeps two and the coach keeps one making up the top 12. After that, they haven't said. I've wondered what will happen since Xtina ended up with no singer in the finals last season. I just hope they don't do the bonus point votes for being top itune sellers. That screwed everybody last season except Casadeeeyyeyeyeye

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

You did miss a rather amusing version of "Don't Worry Be Happy". :scream:

"Shake it Out" :swoon:

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  20. Allskate

I totally agree. I guess they'll decide how the format they're going to use based on what is likely to get them the result they want.

21. rfisher

Judith is gorgeous. Her cheekbones are beautiful. Who knew Adam had a t-shirt stylist.

22. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Wow - Adam's women sound horrible together. And the costumers did not do well at all.

23. altai_rose

altai_rose Well-Known Member

Michelle--that was incredible.

24. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I really love Usher's mentoring style.

And I think he's got a major soft spot for Michelle. After that, the rest of the audience may too.

25. PrincessLeppard

This version of Feeling Good pales in comparison to Adam Lambert's.

26. rfisher

Judith :swoon:

The final four simply has to be Judith, Sasha, Karina and I don't care who the 4th is.

27. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

I vote for Adam and Usher.

28. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

Amber, Michelle, Judith were highlights for me. I really want to like Sarah but I just couldn't tonight.

29. halffull

halffull Life is a beautiful thing

Many performances didn't cut it for me tonight. Sarah was horrible. Judith won hands down but I was impressed with Ushers coaching. He seems like a sweet guy :)

30. taf2002

taf2002 zexy demon

I haven't really liked Sarah from the beginning. I think her style is pretentious. I LOVE Michelle. She & Judith were the class of the night. I want to like Amber but her pompadour is off-putting. It's old-fashioned & not flattering. My 3rd favorite tonight was Vedo. When I heard what he was singing I was bummed out because I've heard that song on every talent show & it always sounds like bad karaoke but he actually put meaning into it. I hope he advances.

I think he's my favorite of the guys, which isn't saying much. Josiah is not very good & tonight he really sucked. I don't even think he's all that good-looking either. I do like the Swon Brothers but IMO Vedo is more talented. And he's cute as a button.

ETA: Adam & Usher :swoon: That was incredible!