1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

The half-ass layback position

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

Fixed :)

2. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

It makes me :( to see a young Mao. She jumped triple axels like they were double axels. Absolutely no preparation for the takeoff and she somehow had the spring to do it. It's really a shame she didn't have a great coaching situation between 2006-2010 because she should be an Olympic champion (and all of this is coming from someone who initially did not like her skating 5 years ago).

3. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

or not. we live in a world where midori ito isn't an olympic champion. potential really means very little if you can't pull it off on a very specific day that happens once every 4 years

4. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

This skater on Youtube has an unusual but gorgeous variation on a sideways leaning spin with a free leg that starts very nicely turned out.

5. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

6. Karpenko

Karpenko Not Impressed.

That last layback spin... There will never be one that tops it. I just, gah its unbelievable. I really want Caroline to work hard and get her due, the talent in that one spin is just holy potatoes.

7. Lavergne100

Lavergne100 New Member

Lucinda Ruh was the best female spinner EVER in my opinion. The speed and the perfect positions were undervalued.