The Carolina Kostner Thread

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝

LOOOOOVEEEE IT!!!!!

LOVE the music choice (anything thats not recycled music), love the arm positions of that layback.. love the whole program. Outfit has to grow on me tho...lol, im from the skirt-era of figure skating lol...

How refreshing to have her back

Question - She was known for her speed and coverage across the ice? Is that still the case? From my untrained eye I thought maybe slow??? Anywhooo LOVE this program!!!!

msadot

Why are you surprised? Caro=Medal, by definition.

I think from now on she'll easily go above 220 points. :)

D

Deleted member 13560

Very interesting program and... she recycled the egg-laying position! :cheer2:
I don't necessarily like the music choice but if there's someone who can pull it off it's certainly her.

VarBar

Very interesting program and... she recycled the egg-laying position! :cheer2:
I don't necessarily like the music choice but if there's someone who can pull it off it's certainly her.

Agreed. I am sure it's going to look great with more mileage.

a12553

I'm not italian but I'm so happy for Carolina! It's important comeback for all the skating World!

D

Deleted member 13560

It's important comeback for all the skating World!
I agree with this. If she regains her top form she can still be a medal contender (maybe not gold since Medvedeva is unstoppable now)

Her long program is a jewel, technicality aside she has been one of the few skaters who could truly understand the music she is skating to.

jiggs

Big congrats to Carolina! I am so so glad she had the guts and motivation to return, she brings such quality and creativity to the sport and ladies' skating desperately needs skaters like her. She obviously still has a lot of work to do jump-wise but keeping in mind that she was away from competition for 2,5 years and with everything she has gone through, I feel like this is a very promising start already. Incredible she is almost 30 and is willing to relearn all her jumps - every single entry looked different and I feel like she had more transitions into the jumps than before (especially in the short).

I love the short program - it's challenging, fun and unusual and she totally pulls it off. The free program is light with clean lines and beautiful arm movements, something I also miss in skating nowadays. It looses its momentum after the step sequence and she seemed to run out of steam by the end, but I am sure it will improve with more mileage. Can't wait to see her compete again next week at Italian Nationals!

reut

The organizers need to hire this person for next year. It's about a zillion times better than the official stream.

I'd say many competitions (AND shows) should definitely hire her or at least invite her and give her free tickets :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information