The Carolina Kostner Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
What I liked about Humoresque was that it was a rarely used piece of music. I don't even know anyone that skated to it. Carolina has the sophistication to skate to that kind of piece of music. However, if her Ave Maria is as beautiful as everyone says (I have not watched it yet), so be it.

VGThuy

I'm not a fan of her Ave Maria program. It reminds me too much of Lori Nichol's Ave Maria for Fumie Suguri in 2002 except I found Fumie's version to be superior. I thought Humoresque was a better program, but if Ave Maria will help her calm her nerves and skate well, then more power to Caro. I am much more excited that she dumped her Schez program and is going back to Bolero to which I felt she never skated up to her abilities. I much prefer her Mozart LP, but even with her limited difficulty, I felt Caro's 2012 Worlds LP performance was probably the best interpretation of Mozart Caro would ever do, so it's better to give Bolero more mileage.

I do appreciate Caro's Schez for one reason. If Lori had to choreograph Schez for Kwan, then Caro's routine makes me think that Lori would not have done a better job with it than Sarah Kawahara and then the Kwan team (later on in the season) did in 2002.

briancoogaert

I loved her humoresque SP and Bolero is my least favorite LP of this quad...Too bad :(
Am I the only one sad of these news ? lol

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I don't care what she skates to as long as she feels comfortable with the program. It was clear in her GP events that she did not and she said she simply couldn't make Schez work for her. I just want her to be well and in top form by Sochi because if she is and she's comfortable with her programs, she'll shine and a podium spot is well within her reach. Out of all the possible Olympic medalists, I want it for her the most so I'm :cheer2: for anything she does that will help her succeed.

lahaa968

What I liked about Humoresque was that it was a rarely used piece of music. I don't even know anyone that skated to it. Carolina has the sophistication to skate to that kind of piece of music. However, if her Ave Maria is as beautiful as everyone says (I have not watched it yet), so be it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u8AR2o3zwU

This is the exhibition version of Ave Maria that Carolina skated at the Oberstdorf Gala. The choreography will be the same/similar I believe, plus her regular jumping content (3T+3T, 3Lo, 2A)

orbitz

It seems like skaters should have some sort of a refund policy in their contracts with their choreographers. If the skater skates to the new program at the start of the season X number of times and then dumps it before her Nationals then she should get a partial refund from the choreographer :)

I'm glad Caroline is back to Bolero again, although I do think Schez looks much better in the clip posted by jiggs. I wonder if the 3sal at the final seconds will still be in the program.

orbitz

I do appreciate Caro's Schez for one reason. If Lori had to choreograph Schez for Kwan, then Caro's routine makes me think that Lori would not have done a better job with it than Sarah Kawahara and then the Kwan team (later on in the season) did in 2002.

Lori wouldn't have given Kwan the same choreography that she gave Carol though. I'm sure each skater inspired Lori differently, and the Lori of 2001 was not the same Lori of 2013. Plus she would've been choreographing under the 6.0 system and not IJS in 2013. I'm sure Lori's Schez for Michelle would've been tailored to fit Michelle's style.

Bournekraatzfan

Ave Maria is absolutely stunning. The potential is there for it to join the ranks of the truly iconic Olympic short programs of all time: Baiul's Black Swan and Kwan's Rach.

Bolero is brilliant, too. I hope Kostner is well enough to have gratifying skates at the Olympics. I'd love for her to medal, but I feel like at this point, she is skating to inspire herself and the medals are somewhat incidental. :)

ITA. I hope she skates lights out at the Olympics. I will miss Humoresque, but her Ave Maria is my favourite since S/N's stunning SP.

Thank you for the article, jiggs.

briancoogaert

Bolero is not my favorite program of hers. But the last minute is fantastic, and something I can't take my eyes off of.
I think she interprets it even better than last year. She is amazing.
FORZA CARO !

jiggs

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLINA!!!
She turns 27 today :) Enjoy skating on your special day today :cheer2:

smarts1

No signs of Carolina either yesterday. I was staring at the Italian team trying to look for her but I guess she too is resting.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Funny there are so many birthdays this week. Ksenia Stolbova turned 22 yesterday, now Carolina (turned 27). All the birthday girls skated really well.

puglover

Wow - such a beautiful and heartwarming segment. I love Carolina's skating and hope she has a great time in Sochi.

cbd1235

Heartwarming indeed! She deserves a great Olympics. Cheering for her :) she's an amazing representative of figure skating.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Forza Carolina!! :cheer2: More 10's! :cheer2: She looks so lovely here, the best her skating has ever looked from head to toe. One of the most beautiful skaters of all-time.

Haven't been this invested since SLC :inavoid:

PashaFan

Good luck to Carolina, I'm hoping the great skate in the team event has inspired her for the Ladies event.
If Carolina & Akiko go clean I will be a happy lady !.

cbd1235

Wow! Best program she's ever skated? Bringing out the 3Flip-3Toe in the short program was a nice surprise.

I think it's shocking that she wasn't 1st after the short. Thankfully the judges rewarded her on the components. But still not sure how Adelina's components got so close to hers and Yuna's.....

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I wasn't paying close enough attention to realize her 3/3 was the flip/toe, she made it looks just as effortless as her 3toe/3toe. What a great place she is in, I expect to see her do extremely well tomorrow and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she ended up as the Olympic Champion. Her skating and the way she moves is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm disgusted at the scoring for Sotnikova.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information