1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We have updated the board style and hope you like it. If you don't, you can switch back by going to https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?misc/style Select V Bulletin 3.0 style.

The Bachelor 21, Nick's FORTH time on TV to find tru love!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Catherine M, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

So ABC released the first real preview of Nick's season last night:

http://www.eonline.com/news/809190/nick-viall-s-first-promo-as-the-bachelor-is-here

THIRTY girls for him to choose from!! Yippee!

I've been following along in real time and will spoil tag my thoughts on what has gone down so far and who made the final four (they are in Europe right now for the final 3/2; final rose ceremony is Friday).

Final four are:

Rachel a 31 year lawyer from Dallas; she's the first black contestant in ANY season to make hometowns. Looks like a real keeper too

Vanessa, a 29 year teacher from Montreal; Reality Steve says she's been "the one" from early on; has some past acting credits so should blend well with Nick's fameho ways

Corrinne, 25 from Florida and the only blonde to make it far

Raven, 25 from Arkansas; owns a clothing store in her small town

We don't know who went out at final 4 and didn't make it to Helsinki, Finland (how about that for a tie in to skating); spoiler people think its Raven as her family were blabbing about her hometown and then went radio silence afterwards.

So unless things get crazy, I look for Vanessa to be Nick's final 1 and Rachel to be the next lead.

Can't wait for the craziness to unfold, starting January 2nd!!!!

2. Catherine M

Did anyone tune for Nick's premiere?

I watched with one eye and have nothing really to say except that the producers must have loved it when Liz was desperate enough to be part of the bachelor family and tell the world about her one night stand with ole Nick.

Early favs:

Danielle M, the nicu nurse
    Rachel, the cute lawyer

Not so early favs:

Corinne, wish her nanny would have come to the cocktail party too
    Alexis, the shark girl

3. lmarie086

lmarie086 missing my cat :(

I just finished watching it, actually. I find Nick intriguing as the Bachelor; he's very forth-wright, and he's definitely willing to admit that he's made mistakes before. And speaking of Liz, I am Team Nick in that situation. I saw a lot of tweets demanding to know why he didn't try to get her number from Jade...and he did. He asked for it the night of the wedding, and Liz said no, and so Nick left it alone.

I already read the spoilers from Reality Steve :lol: so now I'm just watching to see who the next Bachelorette will be. But I think this season will be a fun one.

PeterG likes this.
  4. JoannaLouise

JoannaLouise Official Toaster Oven Monitor

This show is my guilty pleasure. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I watch it, but apparently half my office is completely obsessed. R&D even has a pool where they try to pick the top 4 finishers.

I don't look at spoilers, but my early favourite is Rachel and least-favourite is Corinne. Dolphin-Shark Girl was bizarre, but she was at least entertaining for the first episode. I will uber her if she keeps the shark costume for the whole season.

PeterG likes this.
  5. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Plenty of producer picks for entertainment value! I found Nick to be smarmy in his first two franchise appearances, but his modeling agency has done good things for him - he looks good. I think this will be entertaining because he has shown in the past that he doesn't shy from the drama! I did like him a lot more during BiP -- his matter of fact reactions made Josh's outbursts look so childish. I am Team Nick vs. Liz too - she wasn't interested so he'd have been a stalker if he'd pushed.

PeterG likes this.
  6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Plenty of producer picks for entertainment value! I found Nick to be smarmy in his first two franchise appearances, but his modeling agency has done good things for him - he looks good. I think this will be entertaining because he has shown in the past that he doesn't shy from the drama! I did like him a lot more during BiP -- his matter of fact reactions made Josh's outbursts look so childish. I am Team Nick vs. Liz too - she wasn't interested so he'd have been a stalker if he'd pushed.

lmarie086 and smurfy like this.
  7. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I watched and for all the wrong reasons. I think the season looks promising. I think Liz is lucky she got a rose, but I assume it is the producers pick, along with Corinne. I like Rachel the lawyer.

PeterG likes this.
  8. Winnipeg

Winnipeg Well-Known Member

The shark girl was a bit of a flake :rolleyes:

Corrine is :EVILLE:

Rachel is :cheer2:

9. Catherine M

Did anyone watch last night?

Corinne is so easy to hate that I love her, cause you know I'm a wrong reason watcher. The producers must have been hi-fiving each other during filming of that group date as she got more and more stupid.

As for Liz, TPTB must have been a bit sad that the storyline kinda blew up so early. But then maybe it was only suppose to last that long. Who knows. Hope she enjoys Paradise this summer! Or better yet, meeting some of JoJo's exes on the reject circuit. With her being in Las Vegas, shouldn't be that hard.

10. Winnipeg

Yes, Corinne is driven but how can anyone be that motivated to woo someone you hardly know....... she certainly comes acroos on national t.v. as a person to avoid !:scream::scream::EVILLE::EVILLE:

Liz just wanted to be on t.v. and good for Nick to see right through that:cool::cool:

11. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Re Nick and Liz, it takes one to know one. Nick does know how to make good "reality" TV.

12. Catherine M

When it was looking like Luke would be the next bachelor, Jade made a comment to Liz on social media that she'd be perfect for him, or something like that. So there's been some guessing that Liz agreed to go on the show with Luke in mind but when they made the change to Nick, she didn't want to miss out on HER time on TV so stayed in the contestant pool and went with this story line about a one night hook up that went nowhere.

I'm sure the producers will reward her with a trip to Mexico this summer for her efforts.

13. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I am assuming that Dolphin/Boob birthday girl is a producers pick who is angling for BiP too?

14. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Hey, I have seen some promos for this and a brief glimpse the other day while hubby was channel surfing. Nick looks different to me. Is it just the beard? I thought he looked boyish before. Now he scares me a little. :D

15. Catherine M

Yeah ever since it was in US Weekly that Jade & Tanner made $1 million for being a Bachelor in Paradise success couple, everyone is now all in for a stint in paradise. The Tolberts deny the amount but they are building a McMansion in the Kansas City burbs and when Amanda's ex took her to court, her income was at $40,000 a month so that $1 million mark isn't that far off.

Some of JoJo's guys that weren't on last season, Robby, James Taylor, Chase and even Luke are making noise that they are open to being on and these girls from Nick's season know that the odds aren't with them for finding true love forever with ole Nick but they can get some airtime, add to their instagram followers and start shilling teeth whiting and hair gummies and see if they can get Robby to propose to them next summer.

16. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

You know, I'll probably get slammed for saying this but whatever because I've felt this for the last few seasons (and yes I still watch until it ticks me off and I turn the channel blah, blah, blah), but here's the thing I don't get with these women who go on this show as it get worse and worse behaviour-wise each season. Most of them have been to college or some type of occupational training, and have (or want to have) some sort of professional career, at least based on the 'occupations' and backstory we are told. How do they expect to go on TV and act like, I'm sorry but ... slutty little spoiled rotten entitled drunken whores who will lie, cheat, steal, backstab, fight, sleep with people they've know for 5 minutes, etc., to get whatever they want, and then expect to go out in the 'real world', get a job in their chosen profession, and expect to get treated with any respect in the work place! Although I realize most of these women are trying to use it as a springboard to "celebrity reality show STAR" and think they'll make a living off that, but most of them won't. That is my love/hate thing about this show. I don't know if I will be able to stomach the rest of this season. I finally turned the channel last night.

Oh, and Corrine is the biggest bitch I have ever seen! :p

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    SamChez likes this.
  17. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

And another thing ..... all this "can I steal you for a minute" crap when "The Bachelor" is talking to another woman. Just once I would like the man to have the balls to say "you know what, that is really disrespectful of you to interrupt me while I am talking to "Jane". I have already talked to you (or "I'll talk with you when I'm finished with "Jane", if he hasn't talked to the Bytch doing the 'interrupting' yet) so you will just have to wait"! But of course why they don't parlays into my rant about the whole "I'm just here for sex" angle so I'll stop now. I really need to stop watching this show. ;) :p

PeterG and SamChez like this.
  18. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

SNL had a great Bachelor skit, with a parade of girls continually interrrupting as soon as a girl sat down. They were all dim, one admiting to I think having 5 STDs.

PeterG likes this.
  19. Winnipeg

In the last show, Corrinne really outdid herself. It almost borders on "if Nick likes that kind of behaviour, why would any of the other girls want to pursue anything with him?" :scream::scream:

Rob and LilJen like this.
  20. wickedwitch

wickedwitch Well-Known Member

The men are told specifically not to do that.

PeterG likes this.
  21. Catherine M

I tuned in last night for the first time in weeks--been binge watching US & Canadian Nationals and Europeans too much to pay attention to Nick's journey. But wanted to see how New Orleans came off as a backdrop for the Corinne show and I thought it looked great. Really nice date with Rachel---ole Nick sure loved eating a beignet and I loved seeing Houmas House though could do without the silly ghost story but whatever.

No comment on the 2-1 date as it was so staged and well stupid. Wish both of them had been sent out on a airboat never to be seen again. Well all three of them as I've had enough of Nick too.

Not sure I'll watch again; will depend if I can be bothered turning the TV on Monday night or not.

22. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the TV show UnReal? That's all I could think about with the 2-on-1 date. Especially with Nick walking away with Corinne while she was holding a voodoo doll with a pin stuck through it's heart. :lol: And for the tarot card reader to have a voodoo doll on hand that she swiftly passed on to Corinne. After the host said that was not what the dolls were about.

P.S. I want Corinne to be the next Bachelorette and see if all the guys get out of the limo, say hello to Corinne and then turn around and walk down the driveway, all saying one by one, "Hell No"!!! :lol: And then the whole season ends after that one and only episode. :D

smurfy likes this.
  23. Winnipeg

Sometimes I really think a few of the girls must be "plants" because they are so strange as to be unbelievable. Corinne fits that bill. Maybe they are trying for a part in a comedy or stalking film and this is their chance to be "discovered?" :scream::scream:

Corinne is: :yikes::angryfire:EVILLE::EVILLE::EVILLE:

24. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

I was channel surfing and found her on Ellen yesterday. She said something like, "Do you really think I was acting crazy? I didn't think I was." Anyway, it came off as Ellen wanting to snoop to see if she really did end up with Nick and as Corinne petitioning for being next Bachelorette.

25. Catherine M

Instagram and the money you can make by shilling teeth whitener, gummie hair bears, etc has really changed how people act, once they come on the show.

Before it was much more of a lark, go off for a few weeks, have some fun and be on TV and then go back to the "real world". Now you have guys and girls that just want to make a splash and make sure they get noticed so they get those followers. And an invite to Mexico for 3 weeks of fun on ABC's dime when the next season of Bachelor in Paradise is filmed.

Reality Steve has been doing podcasts this season and he had Dana Weiss (a popular bachelor blogger)on this week--Steve HATES Corinne but Dana loves her and finds her funny but they both agreed that there has never, ever been a season where the lead is taking a backseat to someone they are "dating".

26. Catherine M

Finding it very interesting that Fleiss/ABC decided to spoil Nick's season with their announcement last night of Rachel being the next bachelorette while she's still on the show.

Guessing the applicant pool is quite weak and they need some new names.

Whatever the reason for the early announcement, I wish Rachel well. Of course the crazy Raven/Kristina/Vanessa fans are already out there on social media saying she's too ugly/boring to be the next bachelorette so she's going to need to ignore the haters and just be herself. She has a great opportunity to take a step into the D-list celebrity world, especially if she wants to stop being a lawyer.

27. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I probably like her the best of the F4 - I had the same guess on the applicants.

I didn't even know Whitney was on this show until that 2 on 1 date!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    I Luv Bulldogs likes this.
  28. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Both we and the producers are lucky that Corinne exists. I agreed that she's pretty whacked out, but the last few weeks have had all the women whining and moping about not being presented with a throne and a tiara on a daily basis. Like they had no idea that this show is about one man dating 31 women at the same time and how they have to wait to even see that man for days at time. And Corinne is usually fun and upbeat with Nick while the others moan about not having their egos stroked constantly. If this is how these women deal with life when things don't go their way...who wants THAT for a partner?? Yuck!

29. Catherine M

I remember when Whitney's name was spoiled on the bachelorfans site when filming began and everyone thought for sure she'd be a front runner--model, tall, from Wisconsin, etc but she had ZERO chemistry with Nick from the beginning and faded into the wallpaper the rest of the way.

Looks like she'll have to see if she can stir up some airtime in Paradise. I'm sure Chase/Robby/Luke/Chad will be looking for airtime too so she needs to start working on her preshow game now. Kristina has already been twitter flirting with Chad. Yes Chad.

30. Winnipeg

What is it with Nick tearing up every time he has to deliver the truth about his feelings for a bachelorette and let them go? :violin::drama::drama: