Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

TSFRENCHFAN

i really want to see the instagram clips, but i don't have an account, nor do i want to. i tried logging in via facebook, but i still can't get the clips to play. do i need to get an actual instagram account just to see the clips that tessa posted? or is there a program i need to download before i can get those clips to play? or are those clips posted on youtube or vimeo?

You can just go to https://www.instagram.com/tessavirtue17/ I just created an account but could see everything she posts before having an account. Also want to add that that clip is fantastic! They are fabulous!

IoanaC

Where are all the VM fans in the most epic ending pose thread? ;)

As much as I am a V/M uber, I think the most epic ending pose of the season belongs to Savchenko & Massot's LP. The Prince SD is a close second, though. ;)

The who-is-better debate has always puzzled me, just like some people's suggestions, back in the pre-Vancouver times, that Scott should find another partner (mostly brought up by the concern regarding Tessa's shins). Theirs has always been a partnership of equals to my eyes, ever since I first saw them in 2008. They complete and complement each other beautifully and always have. Whoever only discovered Tessa in Carmen - and ignored her dancing in the Latin FD or her amazing ease of movement in Funny Face, just to give two examples - must have been wearing blinders...

martyross

Tessa improved enormously in those years...so maybe there is hope for the Sinitsinas and Stepanovas of the world.
i hope there is. but Tessa is a genius of skating and has always been. the two dancers you mentioned are very good, but they lack the same brilliance and soul.
it's a matter of perception about who is the most passionate between she and Scott. they're both technically monstrous, but perhaps Tessa looks so passionate and involved now and she seems to have the desire to show her love for dancing, in a more direct way. it's the general attitude that makes the "difference".
i think that her appearence and facial expression were impressive in the 2011 fd and she went on to impress everyone when performing latin/contemporary moves. she would have standed out anyway.
i don't want to sound cheesy but she's so exceptional that any partner would look subdued near her even if he isn't per se.

barbarafan

I don't know how it was before 2010, as I was not a fan yet and was not on this forum or any other figure skating forum, but I have not read anything of the sort since the 2011/2012 season when I joined FSUniverse. There have been/are just a couple of exceptions - one or two posters who thought/think that Tessa is weaker than Scott, even mediocre, and that their success is all Scott, but they have not even been able to explain why exactly they think so except saying that Tessa is "bland" or that she simply must be weaker because of her shin problems and (as they think) not being able to train that much because of that. And then there is Krylova who apparently thought (or still thinks) that Scott is the more talented one in their team, but she has not exactly explained why either.

Read above what I wrote to princeton123. I have not read almost any complaints about Tessa being weaker than Scott even before Sochi. As for the rest, I definitely agree with you that they are both equally amazing, but I think that the "Tessa is everything, Scott is nothing" part is exaggerated. No one has said anything like that. If someone is especially praising Tessa it does not mean they think that Scott is nothing and vice versa.

I agree..Scott has amazing skating skills and all his movements were also beautiful...He has always showcased Tessa as a male ice dancer should but no matter how quick and technically exquisite her moves he is always ahead of her to support and smooth her landings...Charlie white spent several sentences about Scott's run of the blade during his commentary of world sd...Where Scott has noticeably improved since their restart is physical condition and so important his mastery of the lead in their dancing..So strong and confident and overpowering...I hope they do something amazingly dramatic and technical for their FD.

Sonata

I think they take great care to design their programs so that the relationship between them, and between them and the audience, is the star, rather than either individual.

Absolutely agree! I've never seen one as weaker as the other. This is part of what makes their chemistry so strong. I do remember reading a lot of complements about Scott's skills as a male partner, as his depth of expression is particularly unique among male dancers. Personally I have always admired Tessa's extension and balletic quality. Now that she is fully healthy, her power has had a chance to shine as well.

martyross

i was admiring Tiffany Zahorski's hairstyle (i'm sure many of you know her already, btw here she is http://www.fskate.ru/photos2/image28539.jpg), because it's amazing per se but also because it's something very different and refreshing in ice dance, and i wondered...wouldn't it be cool if Tessa did something similar with her hair and general look for next season? I mean: not exactly imitating Tiffany's haircut and color, but choosing a distinct theme for the free dance and change her hairstyle accordingly? same goes for Scott obviously. they already did that for Prince. it would be so fun and interesting if they went more in that direction for the free dance. someone could say that at the Olympics it's best to be conservative. but in the case of Tessa and Scott, i would love to see them do the opposite, just because they're super special.

sap5

i was admiring Tiffany Zahorski's hairstyle (i'm sure many of you know her already, btw here she is http://www.fskate.ru/photos2/image28539.jpg), because it's amazing per se but also because it's something very different and refreshing in ice dance, and i wondered...wouldn't it be cool if Tessa did something similar with her hair and general look for next season? I mean: not exactly imitating Tiffany's haircut and color, but choosing a distinct theme for the free dance and change her hairstyle accordingly? same goes for Scott obviously. they already did that for Prince. it would be so fun and interesting if they went more in that direction for the free dance. someone could say that at the Olympics it's best to be conservative. but in the case of Tessa and Scott, i would love to see them do the opposite, just because they're super special.

Tessa usually does that. The 2011 Latin FD comes immediately to mind, also 2012 Funny Face....

Golden1

lol As a German it was so funny to see Tessa and Scott's German birthday conversation.Tessa and Scott, why can't you come to Oberstdorf next season? WHY? I would even help you with the pronunciation of "Geburtstag":40beers:.

Shayii

Tessa usually does that. The 2011 Latin FD comes immediately to mind, also 2012 Funny Face....
I think she means something drastic like dying her hair that red color. I know Tessa was a red once, but it was more subtle.
If it suits the dance, Scott also gels his hair.
I hate that look but I think that's what he'll do for Latin.

Twilight1

Funny- I force myself to watch Scott in their programs.

Tessa is my favourite figure skater for dance teams since Pasha lmao

Lee2010

Just for fun, this link will take you to their 2006 EX dance “Black Magic Woman” when Tessa was a redhead. I always enjoyed it - young Scott with the smouldering look at the beginning! The version I liked best had the lighting subdued and a spotlight on Tessa at the beginning, but I can’t find it now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyYs3kgrqk4

Golden1

Anyone else not a fan of Scott's current hair style?? I love Tessa's new video (especially her little solo:D) but I couldn't even concentrate on their moves because Scott's hair was so distracting :eek:;).

Golden1

Maybe I finally have to realize that I'm getting old :lol:. I mean I like an actual man bun but this half man bun thing and actual length is really not my cup of tea. But I won't complain because seeing the hair meant we got a new video and I missed seeing them dance:cheer2:.

girlscouse62

If I remember correctly, Scott was not a great advocate for Tessa's red hair. Seems to me he made some comment about preferring brunette.

Shayii

Anyone else not a fan of Scott's current hair style?? I love Tessa's new video (especially her little solo:D) but I couldn't even concentrate on their moves because Scott's hair was so distracting :eek:;).
This is me to be honest. It looks like it's in a half bun lol. What look is he going for? Whatever it is I hate it it just keeps getting longer and longer :fragile:. Anyway dancing always on point.
https://instagram.com/p/BUh0U0KFZu4/

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information