#TeamTrainwreck 8: See you at Nebelhorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay

Who is the coach? Everywhere! Everybodeee!
Speaking of my favorite German ladies, I found this rare gem yesterday. You're probably the only one here who will fully appreciate it. Funny story, I actually remember watching competition as a kid when it was broadcast back in 1997. I was like, who the hell is this woman? Give me Caryn Kadavy skating to Celine Dion plz. :rofl: But for whatever reason, this program has always stuck with me through the years (well actually just the reveal of the fangs at the end, which Marina herself even seemed kinda embarrassed about). :lol: So yeah, after seeing it again for the first time in 20 years, go Marina! Perhaps a HOF nomination is in order?

I really love the S&M hood look she has going on the first minute, too. :eek: Here's her tech program, the music is crazy retro perk, I want Leonova to skate to this shit! :respec:

I really thought you would have voided out over her TECH program instead of the Artistic! With her butt hanging out!
I could have seen you as a Marina fan back in the 90s. The roller skating perky programs, the NBC fluff where she cried (with the Soundtrack to The Piano in the background), falling just seconds away from a bronze medal, crying at German Nationals after losing to Szewczenko, the peroxide era and of course the sleeve incident in 1995.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I really thought you would have voided out over her TECH program instead of the Artistic! With her butt hanging out!
I could have seen you as a Marina fan back in the 90s. The roller skating perky programs, the NBC fluff where she cried (with the Soundtrack to The Piano in the background), falling just seconds away from a bronze medal, crying at German Nationals after losing to Szewczenko, the peroxide era and of course the sleeve incident in 1995.

She totally would have been my avatar on FSU back in 1995, for sure. :lol:

Maybe I'll nominate her for the HoF, I don't think any German girls are getting any love!

I mean that cruise ship muzak/ peroxide blonde LP back in 1995 is one of my all-time favorite programs: so much fun, tacky, the saxophone spirals are my favorite part! And the theme is expressing love! :respec:

But what is this sleeve incident you speak of!?! :eek:

Clay

Who is the coach? Everywhere! Everybodeee!
She totally would have been my avatar on FSU back in 1995, for sure. :lol:

Maybe I'll nominate her for the HoF, I don't think any German girls are getting any love!

I mean that cruise ship muzak/ peroxide blonde LP back in 1995 is one of my all-time favorite programs: so much fun, tacky, the saxophone spirals are my favorite part! And the theme is expressing love! :respec:

But what is this sleeve incident you speak of!?! :eek:

It was 1995 Worlds where she had multiple moments where she just had enough of that program. Lots of :drama:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQUjvp8aIbQ

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
It was 1995 Worlds where she had multiple moments where she just had enough of that program. Lots of :drama:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQUjvp8aIbQ

Omg. What a disaster, and she was so good at Euros the month before!

I love her 92-93 LP, in fact I think our boy Dave Kotting should use the exact same music for next season, as he pushes towards the Olympics. He could almost reuse the choreography too, I saw some wrist flicks in there. :D

J

Jeschke

Btw where are all your HoF-proposals folks?
Is this all?
This makes it way too easy and less dramatic for vice and me.

SamuraiK

Btw where are all your HoF-proposals folks?
Is this all?
This makes it way too easy and less dramatic for vice and me.

That's what happens when most of the real HoF deservers were already included last time. It should have been 2-3 for year from the beginning but oh well..

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
PML I just wrote this long paragraph about Tomáš Verner but he's already in the HOF. (Duh moment) :shuffle: he really knew how to bring in the :wuzrobbed and :fragile: in PBP threads better than virtually anybody I've ever seen. :rockstar:

I don't know why but I'm just in the mood for all of my nominations to be old-school, so I'll also say Ilia Klimkin and Maurizio Margaglio (only him though, by Babs imaginary request - to shame him forever over 2002 and 2006 :drama: ) does Babs really give a damn if he's a world champion? Give him the :gallopin1! :angryfire

Last edited:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
That and the rules make no sense whatsoever, you can just post whatever sh!t pops into mind and it all works for you somehow :gallopin1, and there's lots of pics of Pogorilaya's assistant coach and other :psoty: shirtless.

What's not to love. All that's missing is fried food. ETA never mind I brought some, y'all
https://youtu.be/42oUVwyFsZI

Last edited:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
You really haven't seen anything until you've been introduced to Paula Deen. She makes bread pudding with Krispy Kreme donuts.
https://youtu.be/n-RP8TaTDRE

All you have to do is watch one of these videos whenever you want to eat bad food for yourself, and you're reminded of why you like to eat healthier and the sugar cravings go away.:COP: It can inspire you to run or go for a swim :gallopin1

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
All you have to do is watch one of these videos whenever you want to eat bad food for yourself, and you're reminded of why you like to eat healthier and the sugar cravings go away.:COP: It can inspire you to run or go for a swim :gallopin1

You're not kidding, I've just rushed for freshly squeezed green juice to wash out the bloated sickly feeling that just watching those videos has left me with and they wonder why there is a growing obesity problem in the Western world.....

S

SmallFairy

I'm on vacation with no computer, only my my phone, spending all my time at the rink:scream: What's the last date I have to petition for HOF-members? Such lousy timing! Will do it, I will, I will!!!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Adoniev's summer, as per his instagram stories:

--riding in the Benz
--lip syncing for his life
--plaid shirt unbuttoned to his navel
--leather jacket
--sexy necklace

:TnD1:

I'm on vacation with no computer, only my my phone, spending all my time at the rink:scream: What's the last date I have to petition for HOF-members? Such lousy timing! Will do it, I will, I will!!!

When are you back? Another week? I'm in no rush! :summer:

Vagabond

the rules make no sense whatsoever
:huh:
Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
They aren't trainwrecks if the train reached its intended destination, eys? :judge:
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible
Ditto :judge:
3) Membership and changes to the Rules and Qualities shall be decided by consensus among longstanding posters in the #TeamTrainwreck Threads, subject to points 1) and 2)
It makes more sense than letting boss and vice decide. :HA!:
4) The pinky166 is not allowed to make more than one proposal a day
This rule is designed to protect the bossman's mental health. The pinky166 has made one successful proposal (Laurine Lecavelier) and countless unsuccessful ones. :shuffle:
5) Proposals can be submitted in the #teamtrainwreck thread
If not here, then where? :confused:
6) New membership is granted only to current skaters
We have the Hall of Fame and the Pantheon for everyone else. :COP:
7) New membership is only granted to senior skaters (at least one international senior competition)
Do you want the Juniors to have to deal with team membership and acne at the same time? Have some rachmones! :saint:
8) Membership can be cancelled due to points 1) and 2), numerous decent skates in a row or not being competitive on elite level anymore.
It's only fair, innit? :judge:

:COP: :gallopin1

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I fear our ranks will be thinned after the Os due to the later part of rule 8. I can think of 3-4 off the top of my head who are hanging on by a thread and are going to be cut. :wuzrobbed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information